League Express social media output

17 minutes ago, Martyn Sadler said:

The Totalrl.com website is in better shape than it's ever been.

The front page is looking really good.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

16 hours ago, JohnM said:

Thank you for your sneering and patronising response.

You want LE to be "difficult" then you accuse me of being "difficult"

So what issues do you want LE to be "difficult" about? 

How should it know what to be "difficult" about and how should it prioritise which social media "stories to follow up?

you deserve the response you got.. you are being difficult and, I am assuming deliberately, obtuse. I have never said I want them to be "difficult" the only time i have used the word is against you because you are (again I assume deliberately) misreading what is being said. 

I want them to be investigative, i want them to go and get Rimmer to talk to people, I want them to find out why so many refs are leaving, not just have it as an opinion piece from 1 person who is a little informed and frankly has as much weight as a post on here, except they are employed by the company.. which is what half of this stuff is. Its not tough to understand but you seem to be making it so. 

I have spoken to you a number of times on this forum and i know you are not dumb so I know that you understand what I am saying, whether you agree or not is a different matter but stop being like Steve Oates and actually debate why you think they should carry on they way they are going.

I used to have a subscription to both but due to this kind of change I cancelled both a year or so ago and its not getting any better to make me want to take them back out again (when I buy them here and there). As a lapsed subscriber I am simply putting across my opinion (which they do to me and expect me to pay for it) on what would get me back subscribing. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

For the avoidance of any doubt, I'm not telling Martyn what he should do with his publication. I'm just voicing my views as a paying punter as to why I'm not enjoying the content as much. I fully understand why he's taking the website down the clickbait route - it's sad and a wider reflection of the issues faced in all media, but it is what it is.

totally agree.. that's exactly what I am doing too. 

If Martyn doesn't want to go down that route then fine I'll keep my money in my pocket. Not sure why there is vitriol being through our way for what we would like to see (including Martyn's attitude to GJ... for someone who prints so many opinion pieces he seems to have a weird reaction to someone's opinion)... but hey ho tis the way of the world.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Martyn Sadler said:

The Totalrl.com website is in better shape than it's ever been.

Which is great news and hope it does well (dont want to see anyone struggle in anything they do).. not my cup of tea the way it has gone but equally things I like are not others and that is always going to be the case. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RP London said:

Which is great news and hope it does well (dont want to see anyone struggle in anything they do).. not my cup of tea the way it has gone but equally things I like are not others and that is always going to be the case. 

Have a look at all the articles currently on the front page and tell me which of them are not your "cup of tea".

10 minutes ago, Martyn Sadler said:

Have a look at all the articles currently on the front page and tell me which of them are not your "cup of tea".

To be fair you have made me look and headline wise (i haven't read all the articles) is a good set of articles dated yesterday and today, hopefully they have the depth and aren't just the authors opinion but looks like there are a few "as said by" or in depth looks into squads which is good. There are a couple I would not be interested in (Albert Kelly for example) but I know that there will be a number I would be interested in if it was about players i liked that others wouldn't be so get that. One that I don't think is worth it is the rehash of "should the Challenge cup be at Wembley" which I read to see if it was what I suspected which is just an opinion of which we see on here without much substance etc but I do also understand you will always get "filler", but for me it was that this "filler" had become the norm. 

I looked yesterday when this started and have to say the first lot that jumped out were the type we have been talking about and I just though "oh ffs"... if todays kept on it would be of more interest.. thank you for making me look at it, I tend to only look once a week (due to how bad it had got) to see if there was anything there. but will keep checking back more regularly for a bit and see if this is a more permanent change. 

The sooner Mr Sadler takes a sideways step and lets Lorraine Marsden take over the reigns the better.  Shes done an excellent job in her tenure as editor or RL World and ive no doubt everything to do with Leage Express would improve 10 fold under her stewardship. 

25 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

The sooner Mr Sadler takes a sideways step and lets Lorraine Marsden take over the reigns the better.  Shes done an excellent job in her tenure as editor or RL World and ive no doubt everything to do with Leage Express would improve 10 fold under her stewardship. 

Thanks for your comment about Lorraine and Rugby League World.

But she's far too valuable doing that to move to a similar role for League Express.

2 hours ago, Cheadle Leyther said:

One of the top friendly fixtures this weekend which I am attending is Leigh v Leeds 3pm this Saturday at the LSV. Yet there is no mention of this on League Express on page 5 of this week’s edition’s fixture list. Has it been cancelled??!!

I may be wrong but it doesn't seem to be on the BBC Sport website, either. Where an investigative journalist when you want one?

Edited by JohnM

1 hour ago, Cheadle Leyther said:

One of the top friendly fixtures this weekend which I am attending is Leigh v Leeds 3pm this Saturday at the LSV. Yet there is no mention of this on League Express on page 5 of this week’s edition’s fixture list. Has it been cancelled??!!

its on the leigh sports village website and you can buy tickets through it.. 

the Leigh website doesnt appear to have been updated for a while, still has the centurions logo and championship branding on it and there are no 2023 fixtures at all (trying not to comment on the website as its off topic but they really need to get it sorted as its a right mess at the minute)

Edited by RP London
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Where an investigative journalist when you want one?

Dodos, Dinosaurs, Sailors, Harlots and investigative journalism..... did you not get the memo?

Edited by Oxford

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

2 hours ago, Cheadle Leyther said:

It's still on. One of our page designers inadvertently omitted it.

Apologies!