Thread on other Championship teams

7 minutes ago, POR said:

At Keighley

Keighley Cougars' fullback Lewis Young is facing an unspecified period of time on the sidelines having still not had ankle surgery.  having initially been ruled out for ten weeks. Keighley claim they do not have the resources for private surgeries and have had to go through to NHS.

Club co-owner Ryan O'Neill said: “ Despite our efforts to get Lewis the surgery he needs through the NHS,  the NHS do not feel it is essential to be fixed.  We are disappointed our national health service are reluctant to operate 

I'm amazed that all clubs at this level don't have to have some sort of private medical insurance, or (although they probably shouldn't need to) the players don't have their own insurance.

16 minutes ago, POR said:

At the Bulls

Bradford Bulls will be dealt a blow in the next number of weeks with experienced forward Bodene Thompson set to leave the club. Thompson, who has made over 300 career appearances, is due to return home after five years in the UK .He will leave the club later this month

At Keighley

Keighley Cougars' fullback Lewis Young is facing an unspecified period of time on the sidelines having still not had ankle surgery.  having initially been ruled out for ten weeks. Keighley claim they do not have the resources for private surgeries and have had to go through to NHS.

Club co-owner Ryan O'Neill said: “ Despite our efforts to get Lewis the surgery he needs through the NHS,  the NHS do not feel it is essential to be fixed.  We are disappointed our national health service are reluctant to operate 

Medical insurance for players ? Thought they would HAVE to have it or the clubs.

• Like 1

Can't believe all clubs aren't required to provide insurance for players. Completely out of order to expect taxpayers to pick up the bill and totally unfair on players who potentially miss a large chunk of what's a very short playing career.

Even without insurance, the operation will be £5k to £15k, pretty tin pot for a "professional" sports club to claim they can't afford it.

Edited by David Shepherd
  • Like 1

The Operational Rules require clubs have adequate* medical insurance wrt their own players (and public liability and employers liability insurance).

*adequate is not defined, at least in the publicly accessible documentation, although there only seems to be a requirement for clubs to inform full time players of the details and exclusions of any private medical insurance that is in place. 

Nowt to do with our rivals BUT

Crowd trouble overshadowed the Super League clash between Castleford Tigers and Salford Red Devils.with reports of fighting and drinks being thrown.

AND a tweet from our greatest fan Mr Gledill about next years summer bash with an interesting selection of fixtures

Bradford v Halifax   Widnes v York and the best Batley v Wakefield:kolobok_laugh1:

• Like 1

On 03/06/2023 at 10:58, J Phil Loxton said:

If results go as they should and Halifax manage to win then I reckon Toulouse will be out of the promotion places. At the start of the season with everyone's expectations that would be a surprise. I still think though that Fevs main rivals to reach the final are much closer to home.

Maybe not.....

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 09/06/2023 at 10:38, The Blues Ox said:

What a mess Keighley have been this season. How on earth have either the club or the player not got insurance?

We are a mess and I think it'll continue to get worse before it gets better. I wouldn't be surprised if some more bad news came about this week, it's seems to be a daily occurrence at the moment.

In terms of insurance, as I understand it Lewis does have insurance but I cant speak for the club. The fact that they won't pay the bill would suggest they don't but I'm no insurance expert.

On 13/06/2023 at 11:45, Indigogo said:

We are a mess and I think it'll continue to get worse before it gets better. I wouldn't be surprised if some more bad news came about this week, it's seems to be a daily occurrence at the moment.

In terms of insurance, as I understand it Lewis does have insurance but I cant speak for the club. The fact that they won't pay the bill would suggest they don't but I'm no insurance expert.

You were right, Ben Crooks to Fax soon to be confirmed.

16 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

You were right, Ben Crooks to Fax soon to be confirmed.

That's the news I was referring to but couldn't say on an open forum! Matt Shaw just tweeted we are signing 5 today. I've no idea who. We need the bodies and numbers that is for sure, just hope there's some experience in there and at least one prop.

48 minutes ago, Indigogo said:

That's the news I was referring to but couldn't say on an open forum! Matt Shaw just tweeted we are signing 5 today. I've no idea who. We need the bodies and numbers that is for sure, just hope there's some experience in there and at least one prop.

Cole Oakley one of them, can't tell you anything about him though, Ive never seen him play. Seems to be a Grix project player who has not had amuch of a look in.

7 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Cole Oakley one of them, can't tell you anything about him though, Ive never seen him play. Seems to be a Grix project player who has not had amuch of a look in.

Nope I've never seen him player either. Grateful for the body but it's going to be men against boy if this carries on 🤣

On 10/06/2023 at 09:17, POR said:

Nowt to do with our rivals BUT

Crowd trouble overshadowed the Super League clash between Castleford Tigers and Salford Red Devils.with reports of fighting and drinks being thrown.

AND a tweet from our greatest fan Mr Gledill about next years summer bash with an interesting selection of fixtures

Bradford v Halifax   Widnes v York and the best Batley v Wakefield:kolobok_laugh1:

I’m quite willing to pay real money to sit and watch Batley do what Batley do best against Wakey.

3 hours ago, Indigogo said:

So far Keighley have announced four relative youngsters, three of them on loan, 1 more to follow, and they've announced  Ben Crooks' departure birthday.

38 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

So far Keighley have announced four relative youngsters, three of them on loan, 1 more to follow, and they've announced  Ben Crooks' departure birthday.

Junior Sa'u next I think 

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Huddersfield when announcing their players leaving on loan also announce how they would gain experience from playing with players like Ben Crooks.....you wonder if any team talks to the other at times.

I think Toulouse recognised they had a smaller squad this year but their first 17 was still a match for anyone. So their strategy is to stay in touch with the top and peak at the right time. It takes it out of you physically, mentally and psychologically trying to win every week line my team Fev have. Time will tell on who has the smartest strategy but I’m starting to worry like hell about Toulouse.

Fev need to concentrate on winning. That is our strategy. Despite being six or eight points in front this can evaporate quite easily. Trips to come at Halifax Bradford Sheffield and Toulouse and tricky home games to London (tomorrow) and Batley. Now that Toulouse have got their preferred team on the field it's hard now to see them losing many more. It's in none of the aforementioned clubs interests to be going into a final in France. It's in other clubs interests to keep Fev at the top because that is also their best chances of winning a final. A victory last week was essential for us to feel easier at the top  but that didn't materialise.  BUT it can be said that the top club might not even reach the final. Here's to another nerve jangling season.

Edited by J Phil Loxton

37 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Fev need to concentrate on winning. That is our strategy. Despite being six or eight points in front this can evaporate quite easily. Trips to come at Halifax Bradford Sheffield and Toulouse and tricky home games to London (tomorrow) and Batley. Now that Toulouse have got their preferred team on the field it's hard now to see them losing many more. It's in none of the aforementioned clubs interests to be going into a final in France. It's in other clubs interests to keep Fev at the top because that is also their best chances of winning a final. A victory last week was essential for us to feel easier at the top  but that didn't materialise.  BUT it can be said that the top club might not even reach the final. Here's to another nerve jangling season.

I agree, but to lose that many matches from now on would be really poor. Plus tomorrow, it’s a really weak London team who lost last week against the Bulls. Let’s try to be a little bit more positive 😀

• Like 1

16 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

For other teams like Fax, Batley, Bradford, Sheffield etc I think a final in France would be the perfect way to end their season to be fair. Its not going to happen though as I imagine Toulouse will lose a couple more games and Fev have built up too much of a cushion.

14 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

For other teams like Fax, Batley, Bradford, Sheffield etc I think a final in France would be the perfect way to end their season to be fair. Its not going to happen though as I imagine Toulouse will lose a couple more games and Fev have built up too much of a cushion.

Everyone who knows me know my love of France. This is one occasion where a trip to France would be fantastic....but.... if its all t'same, I'll make my way to fev instead!!!🤩😍

• Like 5

6 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Think you are choosing culture above the hope of victory Oxy. What's wrong with a nice little cup final at Post Office Road then a walk down to the chippy afterwards😀

• Haha 2