Keighley Cougars (H) Round 4 - Match Thread

Keep The Faith

1 hour ago, distantdog said:

I have to say that I would really like the club to announce the attendances. If people have committed to season tickets etc then the least the club could do is announce the figures so that people can see if the initiative, which many have bought into, is being successful.

My perception was that it was a little higher than the Swindon game. If so, it’s something to celebrate, I reckon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, distantdog said:

I have to say that I would really like the club to announce the attendances. If people have committed to season tickets etc then the least the club could do is announce the figures so that people can see if the initiative, which many have bought into, is being successful.

Spot on regarding the initiative. 

Edited by Northern Eel
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, distantdog said:

Can't fault the initiative but it would've been good for them to plug the season tickets a bit more, maybe straight after the grand final, set a target to try and hit, and update the fans on milestones achieved to try and get more people interested. Create a bit of a buzz. 

1 minute ago, LINNERS said:

Can't fault the initiative but it would've been good for them to plug the season tickets a bit more, maybe straight after the grand final, set a target to try and hit, and update the fans on milestones achieved to try and get more people interested. Create a bit of a buzz. 

Agree! I am interested in how many season tickets sold. Maybe just a % increase on last year. I would like a comparison of the gates this season compared to the last time we played these clubs. I actually feel there has been an increase but have nothing concrete to base that on. 

There has been an increase in gates and secondary spend so far. Gate was 1624. We will try to announce the gate as i take your point just that many things going on both on and off the pitch on matchdays as sponsors been good as well.

Due to risk we have taken every game is financially stressful especially when have to pay winning pay but that’s why we are here!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Kevin Nicholas said:

There has been an increase in gates and secondary spend so far. Gate was 1624. We will try to announce the gate as i take your point just that many things going on both on and off the pitch on matchdays as sponsors been good as well.

Due to risk we have taken every game is financially stressful especially when have to pay winning pay but that’s why we are here!!

Thanks for sharing this. It’s a great initiative and there’s plenty of us travel some distance having been drawn in by the initiative. If it’s any worth; I’ve spent more (primary and secondary) already this season at two home games than I did all last season… Well done indeed. 

• Like 5

16 hours ago, beestondog said:

Did anybody else notice the issue with Jimmy's kicking tee after the first try? His tee was missing from railings where it normally sits, so he had to use a different one then his was found by Wardy in the Keighley bench🤷‍♂️

More Keighley shi.thousery 🤔

Edited by coolie

17 hours ago, beestondog said:

Did anybody else notice the issue with Jimmy's kicking tee after the first try? His tee was missing from railings where it normally sits, so he had to use a different one then his was found by Wardy in the Keighley bench🤷‍♂️

I noticed Jimmy's reaction after  the first kick, the tee we used was actually borrowed of my grandson who was ball boying ! And had taken it up for a bit of practice, we couldn't find ours! What ever happened to the good old wedge of ground or the pile of sand? Don't know their born these young uns today! 😂😂

Edited by The scrim reaper

On 26/02/2023 at 20:06, coolie said:

I was glad today justice was done the shi.thousery shown by Mr Chisholm in getting Walshaw sinbinned was disgusting attempt to cheat, neither referee nor touch judges saw the incident, and acted upon Chisholm rolling about holding his neck.. That influenced their decision, Mr Chisholm recovery very soon without injury, then kicked a field goal to win the game.. So he thought, Luke Gale lost Keighley the game again by a profession foul, and the game was stolen from Keighley by an Ex Ram well done Dale Morton, Man of the Match was Leake for me, never stopped probing, Batley a different team with James Brown on the Field

Well done Batley you deserved the win👏👏

More Keighley shi.thousery 🤔

Does every victim of a crusher tackle allow themselves to head off to hospital and wait on a trolley for 11 hours?

Do players lying on the grass in discomfort always influence decisions made by officials?

As a supposed non - Batley fan you have made more assumptions,and shown prejudice,against Keighley, way more than any other spectator at the game.Unusual.

You will need to attend more Keighley games.No such allegations in the previous Championship games of 2023 have been either a) Noticed or b) Commented on.

Your neutral determination to clean up the sport is much needed.

I look forward to your next observations.

Will Keighley end the season top of the shi.thousery league? 

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

48 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Does every victim of a crusher tackle allow themselves to head off to hospital and wait on a trolley for 11 hours?

Do players lying on the grass in discomfort always influence decisions made by officials?

As a supposed non - Batley fan you have made more assumptions,and shown prejudice,against Keighley, way more than any other spectator at the game.Unusual.

You will need to attend more Keighley games.No such allegations in the previous Championship games of 2023 have been either a) Noticed or b) Commented on.

I've seen the video of the incident and it wasn't a crusher tackle, as chisolm is pushed back he twists in the tackle putting himself in an awkward position as he goes down, walshaw isn't even on top of him,whether he was hurt or not I can't say, I wouldn't expect any further repercussions from the incident! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

One question

Was you there? 

There was nothing in the tackle

And Walshaw wasn't even on top of him. 

I find it always easier when you see it happen.. Rather than guess work🤔

Was a blatant attempt to cheat

And in this case

The cheats didn't prosper thankfully 🤔

• Like 2

On 01/03/2023 at 17:55, coolie said:

One question

Was you there? 

There was nothing in the tackle

And Walshaw wasn't even on top of him. 

I find it always easier when you see it happen.. Rather than guess work🤔

Was a blatant attempt to cheat

And in this case

The cheats didn't prosper thankfully 🤔

Yes,I was in attendance. 

All 3 officials were closer to the incident than I was.

I was not able to see anything illegal about the tackle.

Other victims of crusher tackles often involve themselves in more physical involvement in a game than the successful drop goal which Chisholm was able to manage.

34 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Yes,I was in attendance. 

All 3 officials were closer to the incident than I was.

I was not able to see anything illegal about the tackle.

Other victims of crusher tackles often involve themselves in more physical involvement in a game than the successful drop goal which Chisholm was able to manage.

Why wasn’t Chisholm taken off for a HIA if he stayed down? I was stood near the tackle & if it was for Jake Webster in the Tj’s ear it would of gone unpunished 

• Like 2

On 02/03/2023 at 19:31, Keep The Faith said:

Why wasn’t Chisholm taken off for a HIA if he stayed down? I was stood near the tackle & if it was for Jake Webster in the Tj’s ear it would of gone unpunished 

I thought the crusher tackle impacted the neck and spinal column.

It now seems the referee,touch judge,Chisholm and Jake Webster are to blame?

Not forgetting the qualified physio/doctor.

I just hope the camera work was done correctly.

Should find out in a few days time.Never had this in the other games...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

He got off with a fine 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Having received the game images,  for BISSA use, regards the crusher tackle, the linesman actually says, he saw nothing, it was the referee who said," it was a crusher tackle". After asking the linesman. 

As an aside....the game is available from BISSA,  to watch, and listen, on either dvd or usb, at a bargain price of £5......

Edited by colinb
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

On 01/03/2023 at 17:39, coolie said:

More Keighley shi.thousery 🤔

Hope you bought yourself a shirt whilst you were there.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.