Sun 8th Apr: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Huddersfield Giants KO 18:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/04/23 at 17:30

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

The ball should end up behind the point it was passed IMO 

If you had started this conversation by clarifying you were saying what you wanted the law to be rather than arguing with what the law actually is then it would have saved a lot of time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Is Ian Watson in denial? He seems to think everything is rosy with his team and the only issue is that opponents are at full strength.

But I thought they had a great chance against St Helens at home hard on the heels of Saints exertions in Australia. They couldn't take advantage and last night Leeds ran them ragged for most of the second half. Connor is too much of an individual and when he gets it wrong he gets it wrong big time.

No doubt Huddersfield will be in contention for the top 6 but that could be their limit IMO.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Just stop trolling now, it’s really tedious 

How about a 'Gubby rule'. All players must stop running before they pass the ball. That way it will be easy to judge. Will ruin the game, mind.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

How about a 'Gubby rule'. All players must stop running before they pass the ball. That way it will be easy to judge. Will ruin the game, mind.

I was watching some Netball Super League earlier and as I was watching it I was thinking that the fact they have to stop when they get the ball and can't move until they have passed would really suit him.

But then, they can pass in any direction and that might make his head explode.

• Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

Is Ian Watson in denial? He seems to think everything is rosy with his team and the only issue is that opponents are at full strength.

But I thought they had a great chance against St Helens at home hard on the heels of Saints exertions in Australia. They couldn't take advantage and last night Leeds ran them ragged for most of the second half. Connor is too much of an individual and when he gets it wrong he gets it wrong big time.

No doubt Huddersfield will be in contention for the top 6 but that could be their limit IMO.

I think he's thinking that despite losing 4 games we haven't particularly played bad in them.

As I said before, small margins, we could and possibly should have won 3 of those but we didn't.

The talk last year was about how we burnt out physically and mentally,.I think we are probably trying not to do that again this year and try and peak.

4 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

I understand the rules , I disagree with them , it makes the game too subjective , and therefore too inconsistent, everybody gets bad calls , tha comes with rules that are too subjective IMO 

We don't have rules we have laws, the laws are not subjective, they are specific.

Forward passes are specificaly described as being relative to the motion of the players and not to the ground.

If it wasn't the game would be impossible to play.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

18 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Had Martin and Sezer kicked their goals we would have been further ahead.

The fact is they didn’t , and anyway you can’t say for sure if Hudds or Leeds had have done all those things they would have won because the game would be totally different.

It was a great close game as Hudds V Leeds usually are

This all day. It's simplistic to tot up all your missed chances and say you'd have won. There is no way anyone can say how the opposition would have reacted to your team scoring. It could easily fire the opposition to go on a three try burst.

I remember people saying if Tui had slotted all the two pointers over that he missed against Wigan in the Challenge Cup final we would have won. That totally ignores Wigan and what their reaction would have been, which knowing Wigan would certainly not be to lie down and capitulate.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TBC said:

This all day. It's simplistic to tot up all your missed chances and say you'd have won. There is no way anyone can say how the opposition would have reacted to your team scoring. It could easily fire the opposition to go on a three try burst.

I remember people saying if Tui had slotted all the two pointers over that he missed against Wigan in the Challenge Cup final we would have won. That totally ignores Wigan and what their reaction would have been, which knowing Wigan would certainly not be to lie down and capitulate.

Exactly the score can dictate what the other team do so changed the game.

Unless you’re Jake Connor,who can’t read a scoreboard 😉 

4 minutes ago, TBC said:

I did find that kick odd at the time! (To say least!)

He thought they were winning , which is made more bizarre seeing as it was him that missed the kick to put them infront, it did seem that he was more interested in winding bentley up rather than playing the game at the back end

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Exactly the score can dictate what the other team do so changed the game.

Unless you’re Jake Connor,who can’t read a scoreboard 😉 

He read it right, just got the numbers the wrong way round 😒

Edited by daz39

9 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

He thought they were winning , which is made more bizarre seeing as it was him that missed the kick to put them infront, it did seem that he was more interested in winding bentley up rather than playing the game at the back end

Does that mean he thought they were in front when he took the conversion.  Does that then effect his concentration etc.

12 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Does that mean he thought they were in front when he took the conversion.  Does that then effect his concentration etc.

I can't speak for Jake but I think he just got caught up in the moment, the emotion of it all, he just lost the plot for a few seconds I reckon.

It didn't cost us the game but it was bizarre.