Double header sunday

georgeb1

As usual hoping for a few bodies back for the knights , a league win is a must . The valkeryie are playing HKR in the cup this should be a great day and hoping for a healthy attendance.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Wonder how many of the Knights players who were only 2 weeks away from playing 6 weeks ago will be back for this one.

I just want Olly Butterworth to play one game and have a stormer so I can say "I Can't Believe It's Not Butterworth" when someone else gets M.O.M, is that too much to ask?

• Haha 8

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

If people haven't already seen it on the club social media, there will be a "pass out" system in operation between the Valkyrie and Knights games on Sunday, through collecting a green wrist tag on exit.

Club shop open from 11am, selling tickets, with ground entry from 11.30am (turnstiles/hospitality)

• Thanks 2

On 05/05/2023 at 09:47, HaxbyKnight said:

Many fans don't use social media, the club should remember that when they are communicating with the supporters. 

Don't know what else the club can do,local paper seems to get most of it's information from radio York and I'm not sure if radio York mentioned the pass out system was in place for the games tomorrow.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Puk said:

Don't know what else the club can do,local paper seems to get most of it's information from radio York and I'm not sure if radio York mentioned the pass out system was in place for the games tomorrow.

There have been 4 articles on the club website this week, previewing the two games, and the squad announcements. every one had information on how to purchase tickets for the game, and hospitality, but none of them mentioned the pass outs. Hardly rocket science to include the information on there.

Radio York, and the local press can't mention it if they haven't been told. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

None of the articles mentioned above state it was Heritage weekend either. Who knew about that? I have to say, at the minute, communication from the club, to the supporters is far away from what it should be.

Do the club even have a media manager, if not we need one.

On 04/05/2023 at 10:58, JonT said:

Edited by spanishknight
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Fenton Knight said:

Good win for Swinton. If it wasn’t before it is now. Fev’s to lose. 

Think you're spot on there , Fev will win the league no problem , but the other 5 who make the playoffs could easily upset them when it matters 

I don’t know why but we seem to have gone away from a club where the fans felt like they were part of the family, so to speak, when John Flatman owned the club, which was reinforced by the relationship we had with Fordy. It could be that because the whole dynamic changed practically all at once some of that got left behind, and hopefully will return, but the club need to do better in engaging with the people who come through the turnstiles, and keep us informed about the things that matter to us. At the moment it feels a bit corporate and remote. It may be because the people in charge want to come across as more professional to improve their standing with IMG with an eye on the Holy Grail of Super League, but it is the fans who are the lifeblood of any club and we need to feel part of it, it is still early days though and I am sure lessons are being learnt.

• Like 3

Fandom, as it is called, is a big part of the IMG requirements, so it would be foolish to ignore the fans. I have no doubt that Clint is doing all he can to make sure the club has a sound financial footing, but as Expat has implied, what is happening with the fans, and on the field leaves a lot to be desired. 

The PR at the minute is non existent, this needs addressing urgently. 

I’m more concerned about staying in championship than super league. Next 2 games are biggies. Lose both and we’re in trouble 

• Like 3

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

6 minutes ago, DEANO said:

I’m more concerned about staying in championship than super league. Next 2 games are biggies. Lose both and we’re in trouble 

Got to agree , winning the next 2 are vital , a , to get a bit of confidence and b , winning em ugly or pretty will do me .

• Like 2