Mon 8th May: Ch: Batley Bulldogs v Widnes Vikings KO 19:45 (Viaplay)

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Batley Bulldogs
    • Widnes Vikings

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/05/23 at 19:15

8 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Tought to call with both teams so up and down. Gonna go with home advantage and say Batley by 8.

Since losing to Fax in March, Batley have won six of their last seven. Granted two of those were against two (good) amateur teams but they have been steadily improving for some time now. Still, one score in it.

23 hours ago, distantdog said:

Close. I will make my predictable prediction of 1 score between the teams. Batley are looking something like they did last season, only problem with that is Widnes beat us at home last season!

That gives me a bit of confidence, I'd say we're doing better than last year so I'd hope for a repeat but I wouldn't be that surprised to see us lose as Batley are on a run as you said. 

Generally despite some frustrating results points wise we're doing alright and still have Gilmore to come back with a little bit of money left to bring some ringers in at towards the end of the season. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

15 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

That gives me a bit of confidence, I'd say we're doing better than last year so I'd hope for a repeat but I wouldn't be that surprised to see us lose as Batley are on a run as you said. 

I think last season you were just improving when you played us and we were in a bit of a rut. I wouldn't be surprised if you turned us over again, but don't see either of the teams running away with it. 

52 minutes ago, distantdog said:

I think last season you were just improving when you played us and we were in a bit of a rut. I wouldn't be surprised if you turned us over again, but don't see either of the teams running away with it. 

We’d just won 10 on the bounce when Widnes beat us last year 

51 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

We’d just won 10 on the bounce when Widnes beat us last year 

I stand corrected, but we did lose a few in a row after didn't we? Or lost to Widnes and Barrow and drew with Whitehaven.

Anyway, if we did win ten in a row, then lost to Widnes, that constitutes a rut in my view.

2 hours ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Generally despite some frustrating results points wise we're doing alright and still have Gilmore to come back with a little bit of money left to bring some ringers in at towards the end of the season. 

Having Eckersley back on loan is a big plus for us I think - unsurprisingly we've looked so much better playing with a half-back.

9 minutes ago, JonM said:

Having Eckersley back on loan is a big plus for us I think - unsurprisingly we've looked so much better playing with a half-back.

I like him a lot, I always like a strike centre who's got a bit of pace. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

Just now, DI Keith Fowler said:

I like him a lot, I always like a strike centre who's got a bit of pace. 

Same as with Tyler Dupree last year - you can just see that he's too good to be playing at Championship level for any length of time. 

1 minute ago, JonM said:

Same as with Tyler Dupree last year - you can just see that he's too good to be playing at Championship level for any length of time. 

Absolutely, he was winning in contact and looking for an offload and no one was ready for it. He just looked like he was used to playing with better players. 

Close game, but I'll go with my team by 10

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Given we lost Craven so early that's not a terrible scoreline. Frustrated by the disallowed try it didn't look any further forward than Batley's. 

21 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Batley used to playing up the slope so i think 8 will just be enough.Game played with plenty of intensity and a couple of niggles.I think Widnes will play to their right side going down hill against Batleys left wide defence.

It's worth 12-16 points on average. Gonna be a close one. Next try wins?

10 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

It's worth 12-16 points on average. Gonna be a close one. Next try wins?

Can't see Widnes scoring twice - we defend well and run strongly, but without any organisers in the middle there is no spark in attack and not much threat from kicks.