Dunning "relieved of his duties"

1 hour ago, daz39 said:

As far as i am aware it is a compulsory requirements for SLclubs to run a reserve side

in fact:

So yes it is.

Obviously Leigh are getting around this by making out they can't raise a team so are forfeiting fixtures, usually at cost to the opposing team.

I have never seen reference to this before Daz, but I agree that all SL clubs should run A teams, along with that they should all be ALLOWED to run elite Academies that are feeders for the Reserves, Leigh are not allowed to do this so I don't blame them if in a roundabout way they are not fielding a reserve team.

• Like 1

Latest from the Bulls search

The Bradford Bulls are a leading Rugby League Club, with a proud track record of winning domestic and international titles and of producing world class rugby league players. The club are looking to recruit an innovative Head Coach, to deliver success for our loyal supporter base and who can strongly lead, manage and support the football operation at the club.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Expatknight said:

it would seem to me, correct me if I am wrong, that some posters on here see the Championship  clubs as  feeders for Super League clubs, they are not and never should be, they are stand alone clubs with their own history, the Championship is a stand alone competition thanks to the way Super League was set up and the vast majority of championship players are not full time, 'A' teams players in the past were not paid or if they were it was winning pay and expenses, the cost as far as players goes should be no more or even less than bringing in Dual Reg players. 

So do you want A team players to be paid full time or not? Or just Super League A teamers; because if they aren't it would be pretty pointless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

So do you want A team players to be paid full time or not? Or just Super League A teamers; because if they aren't it would be pretty pointless.

You are very correct in asking that question Tommy and whichever way to acheive a solution that would allow just 12 clubs to run 3 competitive teams with each player paid a reasonable living wage is considered it just can't be done.

Now I am a lifelong fan of this sport and will defend it to the hilt but when one contemplates such a simple question as that you ask one realises just how  impoverished and limited we actually are.

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

My argument is against Dual Reg, if Super League clubs run an A team, which I feel they should, then yes the players should be paid as they probably are now, if they are full time and part of the playing squad. However as far as Championship teams go the A team would be as the 1st team is i.e. part time, BUT you would have your own pool of players who are invested in the club not as it is with DR where players can come in for 1 game usually at the behest of the parent club, that cannot be right, you are also open to abuses by the lower club bringing in ‘ringers’ for crucial games, could you see Soccer Clubs standing for a situation like that, there would be an outcry, and rightly so. It isn’t fair on the incumbent players either. It is against the spirit of the sport if nothing else.

• Like 1

On 10/05/2023 at 16:00, Mumby Magic said:

With regards to our squad and team. We have an academy and reserve team.

Academy and Reserves

2 years ago we blooded through SL target Ebon Scurr. Apart from Sunday, Jayden Myers has stood upto this level.

We have George Flanagan Jnr who has had the odd game this year. He's still wet behind the years. However SL becomes and he could probably plated on the wing if we were that short as he is no worse than what we have brought in. Myles Lawford is 💯 first team ready and found have been more involved this year. Final one of note, Billy Jowitt. Dunning became a bit obsessed with playing him as relief 9, whereas I think Lilley should be 9 as he struggles to control games. Jowett is definite first team squad quality.

The DR and loanees.

From memory.

Fenton Rogers. One of the better ones.

George Roby. Good but was dire at Keighley and was sent back. 

Liam Tindall. Average

Leon Ruan. No thanks 

Corey Johnson. 1 game did ok.

Jack Bibby. Erm soso

Rob Butler. No thanks

James Donaldson. Different Level

Sam Walters. See Donaldson

Roberts. No thanks.

Jason Qareqare. I think he'll do OK but any better than what we have. Who knows.

This analysis seems to have been missed but is from a Bradford fan. 1. It shows the almost non benefit from the loan system we've used, plus I  assume Paul, Ragingbull, Wolford may agree with my assessment.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

7 hours ago, POR said:

Latest from the Bulls search

The Bradford Bulls are a leading Rugby League Club, with a proud track record of winning domestic and international titles and of producing world class rugby league players. The club are looking to recruit an innovative Head Coach, to deliver success for our loyal supporter base and who can strongly lead, manage and support the football operation at the club.

"Were" a leading club, surely? (And the club that won trophies went to the wall, replaced by a new one, wasn't it?)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

This analysis seems to have been missed but is from a Bradford fan. 1. It shows the almost non benefit from the loan system we've used, plus I  assume Paul, Ragingbull, Wolford may agree with my assessment.

The only disagreement I have is around Tindall who I think looks good and for me Corey Johnson pulled up no trees (Granted only one game) George Roby actually looks like a handier player but it seems attitude/discipline may be the issue there 

The club's media management is absolutely atrocious. The opening paragraph of the job advert is rightly laughable.

And then we have the comments from interim coach Lee Greenwood, who has told the local press he doesn't want to take on the job full time as the salary isn't big enough at this level, but a full time coach is needed. Where do I sign......!?

This is no criticism of Lee, fair play to the bloke for stepping up when needed when it isn't his full time job and he's been brutally honest.

Again it shows that the public aspirations of the club vs it's actions are completely out of sync (not to mention a media manager worth his salt at the club wouldn't have ever let these confusing comments get in the press to begin with). I'm not saying we need to go out and spend mega bucks on a coach as we have proven time and again spending money you haven't got is dim, but if I was in an interview for head coach, I'm not sure what answer I would get from my interviewer if I asked at the end what the short to medium term plan was if I took over. 

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

15 minutes ago, Amber Avenger said:

The club's media management is absolutely atrocious. The opening paragraph of the job advert is rightly laughable.

And then we have the comments from interim coach Lee Greenwood, who has told the local press he doesn't want to take on the job full time as the salary isn't big enough at this level, but a full time coach is needed. Where do I sign......!?

This is no criticism of Lee, fair play to the bloke for stepping up when needed when it isn't his full time job and he's been brutally honest.

Again it shows that the public aspirations of the club vs it's actions are completely out of sync (not to mention a media manager worth his salt at the club wouldn't have ever let these confusing comments get in the press to begin with). I'm not saying we need to go out and spend mega bucks on a coach as we have proven time and again spending money you haven't got is dim, but if I was in an interview for head coach, I'm not sure what answer I would get from my interviewer if I asked at the end what the short to medium term plan was if I took over. 

I'd ask what the payoff was like when they sack me!

The Bulls twitter during games must be one of the worst for moaning about referees, and just comes across as unprofessional. (And regardless of wage, they should at least act that way.)

17 minutes ago, Amber Avenger said:

What I find surprising is that you are surprised, sadly as a rule, and obviously there are exceptions, this is where the game lets itself down, the clubs and the organisation appears to be run in such an unprofessional manner it is embarrassing and laughable, is there any wonder that we are still treated with contempt by other pro sports and the media. The only thing we do really well is shoot ourselves in the foot. 

50 minutes ago, Expatknight said:

What I find surprising is that you are surprised

I never said I was surprised 🙂

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

2 hours ago, jacobus said:

I feel like I am the only person who has held a rugby ball that Bradford haven't signed in the last month.

I felt the same... but I just got off the phone and I've got the number 125 shirt for this year.. :kolobok_ph34r:

Most people on here seem to love having a pop at Bradford but I'm not one of them.

If Bradford were to replace (say) Huddersfield in Super League that would provide an instant boost to attendances. They have far bigger potential than the Giants could ever have.

I'm sure that one day they will be back in Super League it doesn't look like happening soon but when it does Super League will be better for it.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DimmestStar said:

Most people on here seem to love having a pop at Bradford but I'm not one of them.

If Bradford were to replace (say) Huddersfield in Super League that would provide an instant boost to attendances. They have far bigger potential than the Giants could ever have.

I'm sure that one day they will be back in Super League it doesn't look like happening soon but when it does Super League will be better for it.

To be fair one of the best things to happen to Huddersfield was Bradford becoming a basket case because it meant they would get 1st choice on the Siddal lads that didn't go to Wigan and Leeds instead of Bradford mopping them up. They have become a much better club than they could have hoped for because of that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/05/2023 at 18:50, Expatknight said:

My argument is against Dual Reg, if Super League clubs run an A team, which I feel they should, then yes the players should be paid as they probably are now, if they are full time and part of the playing squad. However as far as Championship teams go the A team would be as the 1st team is i.e. part time, BUT you would have your own pool of players who are invested in the club not as it is with DR where players can come in for 1 game usually at the behest of the parent club, that cannot be right, you are also open to abuses by the lower club bringing in ‘ringers’ for crucial games, could you see Soccer Clubs standing for a situation like that, there would be an outcry, and rightly so. It isn’t fair on the incumbent players either. It is against the spirit of the sport if nothing else.

Absolutely spot on❗

• Like 1

On 11/05/2023 at 19:38, Mumby Magic said:

But the use of them in the Halifax game gained Bradford two points and cost Fax two. Look at the league table and see what that does. It is just downright wrong. 

2 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

Much like London, Super League would be better for a Bradford presence in it.

Much like London, the current club there might not be able to deliver on that. 

1 hour ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

But the use of them in the Halifax game gained Bradford two points and cost Fax two. Look at the league table and see what that does. It is just downright wrong. 

Its not downright wrong at all. Halifax amongst others can use it. Where I feel its wrong is disturbing settled teams and affecting a season. 

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

22 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Its not downright wrong at all. Halifax amongst others can use it. Where I feel its wrong is disturbing settled teams and affecting a season. 

Of course it's wrong. Halifax using it is as wrong as any other club. It is making the Championship a farce and if people can't see that, well i give up❗

• Like 1

Duel reg is a joke. Said it for years when teams have used it against us in the past and my view hasnt changed even the we have been using it. 

2 week loans arent any better either. If clubs are loaning players the mimimum allowed should be 1 month with no recal option in the 1st month

• Like 1