Dunning "relieved of his duties"

34 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I'm looking forward to their next set of accounts to see if they can go 3 years in a row with exactly the same (nice round) numbers....

Perhaps we could ask for a response from our nice round chairman.

• Haha 1

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

8 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

To many evils omit from this DR madness, as I have said all along if the coach said to me I was being stood down this week to allow a guest to play, I would tell him to make sure he has him again next week, I won't be available.

It can not be any good whatsoever for team moral, and even moreso in a division were relegation is a part of the season, teams should neither be advantaged or disadvantaged because of DR.

Absolutely bang on. 👏🏼 

14 hours ago, POR said:

According to bulls Assistant Coach Lee Greenwood will take over on an interim basis while the club’s search for a new head coach begins  

BUT let's not forget

The club has asked Assistant Coach Mark Dunning to take over as Interim Head Coach, while the club runs a thorough recruitment process to identify the next Head Coach.

I probably don’t need to point out what happened to the previous club coached by Lee Greenwood. 

• Haha 1
Legs, Dews, Legs.

22 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

To many evils omit from this DR madness, as I have said all along if the coach said to me I was being stood down this week to allow a guest to play, I would tell him to make sure he has him again next week, I won't be available.

It can not be any good whatsoever for team moral, and even moreso in a division were relegation is a part of the season, teams should neither be advantaged or disadvantaged because of DR.

Its one of those systems where I think its heart is in the right place but its execution is poor.. How can you build a team or squad spirit.. some of the best players for doing that are fringe players and their attitude at training and at matches, win lose or draw.. if those fringe players are being marginalised in this way then what happens??

I'm surprised by the sacking to be honest.. While its not been a great start it still seems a little early for panic stations. Its a league where, except Featherstone, everyone is pretty much beating anyone.. I still think they would have been a play off team anyway.. With Swinton and Keighley coming up it could have looked very different in 2 weeks anyway!

1 hour ago, RP London said:

Its one of those systems where I think its heart is in the right place but its execution is poor.. How can you build a team or squad spirit.. some of the best players for doing that are fringe players and their attitude at training and at matches, win lose or draw.. if those fringe players are being marginalised in this way then what happens??

I'm surprised by the sacking to be honest.. While its not been a great start it still seems a little early for panic stations. Its a league where, except Featherstone, everyone is pretty much beating anyone.. I still think they would have been a play off team anyway.. With Swinton and Keighley coming up it could have looked very different in 2 weeks anyway!

To be honest there have been some good results but some really poor ones and the issue is the manner of the defeats. The squad is better than what he was getting out of them, to be winning at half-time at Barrow albeit by a small margin, and then ship 40 points in the second half shows he has lost the dressing room. It looks like the players have thrown him under the bus and as with all sports these days the players have the power, it is not like we can get rid of them, is it? 

Add to the Barrow defeat the defeats at Fax and Keighley, (Again, both tough games but the manner of the defeats are unacceptable) unfortunately, it was pretty untenable for Mark. 

Edited by OdsalBull
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, POR said:

Funny thing in all this that world famous Bulls fan a certain Mr Gledhill has said the new coach must be aligned 100% with the club’s vision of the path ahead using loans/DR

Of all the things he’s said, he’s probably right. Bradford have a recent history of using the loan and DR market to bolster their side and that doesn’t look like changing so whoever takes over will have to work with that. 

1 hour ago, POR said:

Funny thing in all this that world famous Bulls fan a certain Mr Gledhill has said the new coach must be aligned 100% with the club’s vision of the path ahead using loans/DR

He is just conceding that Bradford need to source 'Guest Player's' to supplement their squad.

Even SL teams are doing this including my own, I just can't connect with these player's being part of my team knowing that here they are performing this week but not available the next.

1 hour ago, RP London said:

I'm not sure it's heart was in the right place to be honest. Think it was just a lazy, cheap first step to try and use the leagues below SL as a feeder / reserve league. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Bradford have a recent history of using the loan and DR market to bolster their side t. 

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

He is just conceding that Bradford need to source 'Guest Player's' to supplement their squad.

I totally agree but to say" club’s vision of the path ahead " is a bit rich

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, POR said:

I totally agree but to say" club’s vision of the path ahead " is a bit rich

But I think this speaks to Dunnings apparent attitude to DR, he seems to have been disparaging about it.  Gledhill's comments suggest that my have been a factor in his dismissal?

2 minutes ago, Tubby said:

But I think this speaks to Dunnings apparent attitude to DR, he seems to have been disparaging about it.  Gledhill's comments suggest that my have been a factor in his dismissal?

I don't care what anyone says DR is plain wrong, Loan arrangements on the other hand can benefit all parties but it must be on the right terms ie minimum 2 months and ideally all season with no call back in that period otherwise it is just open to abuse.

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, phiggins said:

I'm not sure it's heart was in the right place to be honest. Think it was just a lazy, cheap first step to try and use the leagues below SL as a feeder / reserve league. 

To be fair there has been a loan system place and has been used for years. This was to solve the issue of the players that really are fringe and dont get any game time as not quite out in the wilderness to be loaned out but not quite good enough to get into the first team. On paper its the type of thing that looks a great idea but in practice just doesnt work. 

Without reserve grade they needed something, of course the debate about reserve grades etc is a whole different story but they decided against that and this was seemingly the next best option.. its just doesnt work.. I thought they were going to scrap it a few years back but it appears not.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Expatknight said:

I don't care what anyone says DR is plain wrong, Loan arrangements on the other hand can benefit all parties but it must be on the right terms ie minimum 2 months and ideally all season with no call back in that period otherwise it is just open to abuse.

Absolutely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tubby said:

Doubt it T

The Bulls coach said: “We’re going to lean on our relationship with Leeds Rhinos. There will be potentially three or four players joining us.

“They’ve had some injuries but have got some bodies back. As they get stronger, ultimately their players that drop out are available.

“We’ll definitely have three, fingers crossed we’ll have four for the weekend.”

4 minutes ago, POR said:

Doubt it T

The Bulls coach said: “We’re going to lean on our relationship with Leeds Rhinos. There will be potentially three or four players joining us.

“They’ve had some injuries but have got some bodies back. As they get stronger, ultimately their players that drop out are available.

“We’ll definitely have three, fingers crossed we’ll have four for the weekend.”

Don't Leeds have a reserve team?

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Don't Leeds have a reserve team?

Yes H but apparently the standard of the reserve league isn't good enough for players who drop out of the first team

1 hour ago, Expatknight said:

Can sympathise with that viewpoint but that would pretty much put a stop to loans, modern RL is so attritional that SL clubs wouldn't let players  who might possibly be needed if there were a rash of injuries go out on long-term loan without recall.

• Like 1

Just now, The Phantom Horseman said:

Can sympathise with that viewpoint but that would pretty much put a stop to loans, modern RL is so attritional that SL clubs wouldn't let players  who might possibly be needed if there were a rash of injuries go out on long-term loan without recall.

Which leaves you with fringe players who don't play at all, or don't play decent standard games, for months.

All of this boils down to what the sport wants the professional game to look like and where the money in the sport is spent - and somewhat of a confusion around that. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

exactly @Expatknight says it must benefit everybody but there in lies the issue.. loans dont necessarily benefit the parent company or the player depending on who they are, hence the issue we have now. 

13 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Which leaves you with fringe players who don't play at all, or don't play decent standard games, for months.

All of this boils down to what the sport wants the professional game to look like and where the money in the sport is spent - and somewhat of a confusion around that. 

totally agree.. 

but rather than take their time and work out the true solution, or give that solution time they "half ass" it and yet again we end up with something that just doesnt work.. This is the way (of the RL Madalorians!)

Edited by RP London
  • Like 1

Maybe we should go back to the way we used to do it with A teams and juniors, but no, that wouldn’t do would it? Far better to go for the easy option,  it just reinforces how amateurish our game is and I don’t mean that to be a slur on the amateur game who probably run their clubs in a more professional manner than a lot of so called pro clubs.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Expatknight said:

Maybe we should go back to the way we used to do it with A teams and juniors, but no, that wouldn’t do would it? Far better to go for the easy option,  it just reinforces how amateurish our game is and I don’t mean that to be a slur on the amateur game who probably run their clubs in a more professional manner than a lot of so called pro clubs.

Yer can't say that ,RL is flourishing just ask Saints,Wigan,Leeds and Warrington. That's all that matters and they wonder why the media don't take RL seriously.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Expatknight said:

Yes that would seem the sensible way to solve the issue (or similar, doesnt have to be exactly that but a team or 2 below first grade is definitely what was needed IMHO), however, that would have taken time, planning and patience.. hence it wasnt done.. just a bit too tough...