Toulouse

Batley Bob

I've watched their Swinton game, they were flat, fat, looked unfit and couldn't assed. If they turn up like that and run into Manu and company they could be flying home a second week upset. We're now running at 8 wins out of 9, they won't fancy it.

So Blake in, obviously starter at hooker instead of BenK, think Browny comes in somewhere but where is Linners problem....which 4 of those deserves to be left out?

Edited by phildog

Toulouse don't travel well this season and are missing a couple of players. Chuck in some "seasonal" Batley weather and it should be a straightforward win for your lot.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I went to the game with Fev playing Sunday and it's the best tenners worth i have had in a while.A few mistakes from both sides but it was an entertaining game.Batley just about deserved to win if only for scoring more points uphill.I thought the ref had a decent game.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Due to being in a concert tonight  me and my mate Richard missed it. At every possible occasion we were peeping at our phones for updates BUT I was first to say they were beatable! Defence again!! I dare say Toulouse performed better this week than last but they clearly didn't score enough down the slope whilst we scored 10 up the hill and put us in the box seat. Another game where 1-17 were men of the match. I just don't know where and how this relatively small group of blokes continues to drag out the effort to pull off these performances. 2 massive wins in 6 days and we go again again in another 6 days!!

• Like 2

I'm still buzzing the whole experience was brilliant, the band, the sun even the beer was good all topped off with that victory. 

That was the best atmosphere I’ve experienced at the mount for a long, long time. Hats off to everyone who made it possible, but particularly the players who put in an excellent performance.

I was concerned at the start of the season - and after the first few games - that we would struggle this year, but the turnaround has proven me wrong in the long term. 

A healthy crowd, quality entertainment on and off the pitch and a real feel-good factor all around.

Edited by Northern Eel
  • Like 1

We out enthused a bigger, stronger, faster, more experienced team yesterday. That's because the lads have no egos and to a man they play for each other. A team of 17 will beat 17 individuals. I feel the score flattered them a little as 4 passes ( 2 to touch judges, 1 to Whites left ear and another to his boot laces) from Woods were poor in clear try scoring opportunities. He redeemed himself with the DG tho. Top defence again from all, with only a couple of lapses and they cost us. Discipline has improved massively. All in all a great win.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, BullyXL said:

We out enthused a bigger, stronger, faster, more experienced team yesterday. That's because the lads have no egos and to a man they play for each other. A team of 17 will beat 17 individuals. I feel the score flattered them a little as 4 passes ( 2 to touch judges, 1 to Whites left ear and another to his boot laces) from Woods were poor in clear try scoring opportunities. He redeemed himself with the DG tho. Top defence again from all, with only a couple of lapses and they cost us. Discipline has improved massively. All in all a great win.

Those two tries late in the first half were soft when you look at how well we defended the slope for the previous 35 mins. 

Another tough game for our boys I don't know where they get the energy from, I always said toulouse were there for the taking! thought the first half for 35 mins we we were excellent two soft tries in the last 5 mins flattered toulouse I thought Hooley should have done better on the second try the guy just ran straight over him, second half we went toe to toe with them, although at times we were a bit scrappy,especially near the toulouse line, I thought we needed to be a bit more patient it was like we were trying to score on every move which lead to a few mistakes, non the less another great win for the mighty bulldogs! WELL DONE BOYS! 

I thought we couldn’t handle the Toulouse 2nd phase when they offloaded the ball which they scored 3 tries off - we defended wonderfully when we wrapped the ball up and woods is getting better with white, Missing leak but Blake stepped up the front row with Ward, Gledhill and Flynn were class again didn’t take a backwards step