Morgan Knowles at the RFL Disciplinary...

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

Toppy is indeed incorrect. 

I'm surprised it was missed by all, but Knowles just returned from a 5 match ban for a Grade D offence which has a normal range of 2-3 matches. 

It's frankly bizarre that the aggravating factors of ban after ban after ban is ignored this week. 

If that was Jacob Fairbank in the same game in the same scenario I don’t think it’s unfair to suggest he’d have got 6-8 games. What Knowles did was cheap and unnecessary.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Dave T said:

Toppy is indeed incorrect. 

I'm surprised it was missed by all, but Knowles just returned from a 5 match ban for a Grade D offence which has a normal range of 2-3 matches. 

It's frankly bizarre that the aggravating factors of ban after ban after ban is ignored this week. 

Could that be because of the fear of a lengthy, time consuming and expensive series of appeals from Saints? 🫣🫣🫣😵💫😵💫😵💫

Edited by JohnM

12 hours ago, Dave T said:

This is where our disciplinary and the NRL differ. They use the points accumulation system so on top of any bans for individual offences they can increase the punishment based on the number of penalty points already accumulated (which is why Radley is looking at 3-4 matches from this weekend as the offence usually only carries a 1-2 match ban)

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

1 hour ago, Saint Toppy said:

This is where our disciplinary and the NRL differ. They use the points accumulation system so on top of any bans for individual offences they can increase the punishment based on the number of penalty points already accumulated (which is why Radley is looking at 3-4 matches from this weekend as the offence usually only carries a 1-2 match ban)

Which is as it should be, serial offenders should recieve serious bans.

10 minutes ago, Josef K said:

Knowles has gone downhill over the last couple of years. I wouldn’t even put him in the Saints starting seventeen. 

He's an interchange prop for us at the moment.  Sironen, Sione, Batch and Bell all ahead of him in the back row at the moment.

That's not to say he won't pick up him form, I'm sure he will, but between daft bans and scratchy form he's not that big a miss as things currently stand.

Edited by FearTheVee
  • Like 2

If my arithmetic is correct, in two games time, Saints will have played 14 competitive fixtures in 2023 - 1 WCC, 12 SL and ! RLCC.  By his own ill disciplined actions, Knowles will have been unavailable for exactly half of those.

Do players in that situation suffer any loss of wages?

3 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

If my arithmetic is correct, in two games time, Saints will have played 14 competitive fixtures in 2023 - 1 WCC, 12 SL and ! RLCC.  By his own ill disciplined actions, Knowles will have been unavailable for exactly half of those.

McGuire has missed 7 out of 13 so he is not on his own.

On 24/05/2023 at 13:22, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Maybe not lose but possibly not gain if he has appearance and/or win bonus clauses in his contract.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Interesting to see that Jacob Fairbank has been banned for 3 games from the same game for 2 different incidents that hardly even got a mention at the game. So by that reckoning he did 2 things that warranted red cards, really?

You couldn’t write it

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

1 hour ago, DEANO said:

You couldn’t write it

2 other players cited as well both got off with warnings. In a game that was devoid of incident till the last minute its pretty hard to stomach losing one of our better players for 3 games for things only the disciplinary panel seem to have seen.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

2 other players cited as well both got off with warnings. In a game that was devoid of incident till the last minute its pretty hard to stomach losing one of our better players for 3 games for things only the disciplinary panel seem to have seen.

So what your really saying is the officials got it completely wrong on the night and that Fairbank should have been carded twice in that game !

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

12 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

So what your really saying is the officials got it completely wrong on the night and that Fairbank should have been carded twice in that game !

It certainly appears to be the case going on the ruling. Im surprised more people didn't speak up about it on the night after Fairbank was allowed to get away with his dastardly crimes.