Fans forum tonight

Roughyed Rats

Unfortunately I am unable to attend though I would dearly like to.

I Would be very grateful if someone could post the minutes of the meeting on this site or the Roughyeds site.

I wish the club and new owners and management nothing but success in the future and am intending to return asap.

Come on Oldham.

What a superb evening - very positive by both Mike Ford and Stuart Littler to begin with from the top table, and then a whole range of constructive questions from the pretty full floor, all of which were directly addressed by the different directors who responded. A great follow-up to Sunday's game!

One question from the floor asked what the ordinary supporter can do to help. Could I humbly suggest - I have to admit to being an official of the organisation! - that joining Rugby Oldham, if you are not already one of our extremely committed members, is one positive action to take. The Supporters' Trust has been supportive of all elements of RL in the town for nearly 20 years now, and its philosophy is very much in line with that avowed by the new board. The stronger is the Trust the more support we can give to the game, as well as the club, we all want to see prosper.

• Like 3

Great night and the way the directors spoke there is only one way and that's up. It was said that the RL want Oldham in Super League and the Chairman said the target is seven years, or sooner.

Everything said was massively positive - can't wait for the next meeting.

Thanks to the New Oldham regime.

• Like 3

How good does it feel to be an Oldham fan again actually proud of the club. It was my first match on Sunday for a few year because Being honest I stopped going after covid I lost interest the only way I saw this club going was to the bottom end of league 1 which we was at one stage last year. I always kept up to date with what was going on,  I was never a CH fan but after watching that fans forum last night he has saved us but the best decision he has made was letting go. This club is in the best possible hands and I believe in every word what they say. Unfortunately I wasn’t there last night but some more pressure needs to be applied on littler, would he say that he’s had a successful time so far as Oldhams coach? Does he feel if he doesn’t achieve promotion this year will he be around next year? This season we need to achieve promotion to have the aspirations of the board. As every new board of directors they will want their own man in and I believe they will want to bring in a coach who can attract decent players at our current level. Luckily we have produced two decent performances against Workington and dewsbury but he knows we have five huge weeks and I think we will know more in five weeks. I definitely think a few more additions  are needed because other teams will get stronger for example hornets signing Hanley and smith. I would love it if we could try to tempt a few of the Oldham lads back wardy, langers, Nathan mason

Edited by YoungYed
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, YoungYed said:

I would love it if we could try to tempt a few of the Oldham lads back

It appears that Tyler Dupree is unhappy at Salford.

It would be good if we could tempt him to come back ! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ArthurO said:

It appears that Tyler Dupree is unhappy at Salford.

It would be good if we could tempt him to come back ! 

Apparently hull kr have been whispering in his ear. And, from what's being said on the main forum is that Salford may have over extended. When we get promoted sneyd would be a good catch.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Apparently hull kr have been whispering in his ear. And, from what's being said on the main forum is that Salford may have over extended. When we get promoted sneyd would be a good catch.

He will be too old by then😂

• Haha 1

Sorry YoungYed the thinking that Littler will go is nonsense. The rugby HIS side are playing is of the highest order and if it carries on there is no doubt in my mind we will join Dewsbury in the Championship NEXT season.

So PLEASE support the WHOLE club.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jroyales said:

Sorry YoungYed the thinking that Littler will go is nonsense. The rugby HIS side are playing is of the highest order and if it carries on there is no doubt in my mind we will join Dewsbury in the Championship NEXT season.

So PLEASE support the WHOLE club.

I agree with you. I think Stuart Littler is doing a good job. We are playing some really good rugby and we've got every chance of going up this year. Let's get behind the whole club and see where the journey takes us.

• Like 1

Just watched the fans forum & it was brilliant to watch. A diverse board with varying skills with fan engagement at the heart of the plan. We need to re-awaken the Oldham population of the existence of the rugby club & with a winning team playing attractive rugby. I think Littler is doing well, last season was like playing with one arm tied behind his back but fair play to him (& Chris Hamilton) for securing what looks like will be a team competing for promotion this season (probably via the playoffs). A few late loan additions funded by the new board (speculate to accumulate) might be enough to get promotion for when we move to Latics

• Like 1

That was a really  inspiring discussion, it finally looks like Oldham RL is in the right hands once again. I remember something similar happening in the early 70s, Oldham Rugby were drifting into oblivion when nine supporters took over the controls (known as the Ginger Group) and an upward trajectory followed, the right people making the right decision for the right reasons. Hopefully, history will repeat itself.

Who was the MC? And the bloke on the left edge (next to Gary Kershaw) of who said very little? And, what was the joke at 1 hr 7 mins (the audio on my computer isn't what it should be)? TIA.

Who was the MC? And the bloke on the left edge (next to Gary Kershaw) of who said very little? And, what was the joke at 1 hr 7 mins (the audio on my computer isn't what it should be)? TIA.

The MC was Michael Bradshaw (braddy)

I used to go to school with him always a joker and got the gift of the gab. us oldies from a long time remember at watersheddings a wire fan got on the pitch at half time and was rugby tackled by our mascot....the same guy.

O.R.L.F.C FOREVER!!

Unfortunately due to work commitments I wasn’t able to attend, I have watched back on YouTube and what fantastic insight into the new owners the positivity is spreading through out the club. 

Littler under pressure ? You’ve got to be kidding me, at the start of the season people had us no where near competing at the top of this competition we’ve got 5 or 6 quality players but play offs was the aim. The brand of rugby as been excellent and the new signings have been outstanding Ah Van, Baker and Wilkinson to name a few. I feel if we continue to add 3 or 4 players to this squad we can be serious  contenders, the addition of Moran is the calibre of additions and higher we want to be bringing in. 

• Like 1