York at Fox's Biscuit Stadium

Batley Bob

great gesture by the club, and what a bargain your general admission prices are, well done to all concerned.

what is the situation re car parking at Mount Pleasant these days, sadly it is a while since I came but will be there on Sunday, always enjoyed it in the past.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Expatknight said:

great gesture by the club, and what a bargain your general admission prices are, well done to all concerned.

what is the situation re car parking at Mount Pleasant these days, sadly it is a while since I came but will be there on Sunday, always enjoyed it in the past.

£3 plenty of spaces

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Expatknight said:

We park on hill up to ground easier to get away but have parked at ground.

Another tough outing for us. York coming off that shellacking at Bash, they'll be full of beans. Another slog for us, meeting the next mountain! We'll wear 'em down by the hour, us by a dozen.

Going through the squads; no1 McGowan, other than Kerraliah, not currently playing, best in the division, wings Morton and Kear might suffer a tad against York's pace, but defensively and grasp of the game will cope with this, centres, no better pair, halves coming on in bounds, they both see stuff 1 or 2 moves ahead. Forwards, take say Lucas and Dane over T'ai, Clarkson, Annekin. York will play only if we let 'em, I don't see them dominating us early like Fax did. Just hang tight, soak it up, tire them out.

Sounds like from listening on the radio(Italy) that we weren't at our best today and york made it hard for us, not much great attack from either side looks like our boys just managed to come out on top on the defensive effort! Not very good listening but a wins a win they say however you get it! Well done boys👍

Edited by The scrim reaper

Can't decide whether we're the luckiest or pluckiest team in the game or both! Churning out results with backs to the wall against teams far more all-round likely, but it happens! 2= now AND with a - points difference (that should change next week). For all the moaning I salute every man Jack for making Batley RLFC the 1 thing that the town can be proud of. 

• Like 1

Hot day, the onslaught in the second half never happened, but we ground it out, that's what counts sometimes!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

What a brilliant atmosphere at the ground today, I saw a few people that's not been in years, well done to the York spectators for never giving up on their team. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, RogerT said:

What a brilliant atmosphere at the ground today, I saw a few people that's not been in years, well done to the York spectators for never giving up on their team. 

What was the crowd ? Nice piece on Look North about today.