Sun 18th Jun: CCQF: Wigan Warriors v Warrington Wolves KO 14:30 (BBC)

Who will win?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/06/23 at 14:00

Just now, bobbruce said:

Warrington have been awful but they only need to hold onto the ball a bit better and they’ll still win this. Wigan won’t keep this intensity up all the way through 

I think that's a big if, but you're right, it's absolutely there for the taking. When we hold the ball (those two times) we've made some space as you'd expect. 

That’s a very good half by Wigan. They’ve completed their sets and kicked well, sometimes kicking for touch to eat some time and to get some air back in the lungs but they’ve also had a lot of ball from Warrington’s ridiculous error count, it’s as though they’re playing with a bar of soap and Wigan are playing with a ball. 

• Like 1

One thing I will say about Matt Dufty.  He has an absolutely fantastic play the ball, proper retro stuff.  

• Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

A huge mental and physical effort from Wigan. But the harder half's coming.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, JonNgog said:

for two of our biggest teams, I think the standard of rugby has been really poor. I just haven’t been engaged at all.

I think that’s more true of Warrington, whereas Wigan have had to adopt a more conservative plan after going down to twelve men.

Edited by Gerrumonside ref

1 minute ago, JonNgog said:

for two of our biggest teams, I think the standard of rugby has been really poor. I just haven’t been engaged at all.

It's not been the best. Wigan playing high percentage stuff with the 12 men and managing the game well. At the moment we don't need to do anything else. Warrington have just been poor.

• Like 1

I didn't see the red card live, but just seen it on the replays. Whether or not you think it was worthy of a red it was pretty embarrassing to see Kasiano shouting and pointing it out to the referee like a kid telling the teacher that someone has said a swear word.

1 minute ago, Damien said:

It's not been the best. Wigan playing high percentage stuff with the 12 men and managing the game well. At the moment we don't need to do anything else. Warrington have just been poor.

Absolutely for how bad Wire are Wigan doing everything right in how they are running the game. If wire just improve their ball control a tiny bit I still think Wigan will run out of steam. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

One thing I will say about Matt Dufty.  He has an absolutely fantastic play the ball, proper retro stuff.  

Jai Field too, he also demonstrates a very elegant technique.

A correctly executed PTB  should be compulsory and not optional.

• Like 1

Just now, MZH said:

I didn't see the red card live, but just seen it on the replays. Whether or not you think it was worthy of a red it was pretty embarrassing to see Kasiano shouting and pointing it out to the referee like a kid telling the teacher that someone has said a swear word.

We see people appealing for knock-ons, I'm not sure why appealing for a headbutt should be frowned upon. 

• Like 4

Just now, MZH said:

I don't disagree but my question in that type of situation is usually "would the ref have seen it had a player not brought attention to it"? If so, I agree it's embarrassing, if not then you can't blame the player - I can't answer whether or not the ref would have seen it but if not can you blame Kasiano?

• Like 1