Fibrus Community Stadium

townie88

Excellent news, well done BOD. 👏

I see the big signs are already up at the ground. Let's hope this allows the club to take big steps forward in many areas. 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

14 hours ago, Davo5 said:

What a strange post,especially as a Haven fan given the way things are going financially at the club.

Well done on securing what looks like a great sponsorship deal.

Seems haven have secured a sponsor for next season with Optus getting involved.

22 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Seems haven have secured a sponsor for next season with Optus getting involved.

By all accounts we've gotta see this season out yet . Which will be a challenge 10 games left yet and probably another 3 or 4 winning pays to pay out aswell 

• Like 1

Just a question for haven fans, in a season where the board repeatedly put out statements about how hard up they are, how much there struggling etc, go fund me pages going up for you all to invest your hard earned money, do you think it’s right that there bringing in new players such as Jake Carter (a position you probably didn’t need anymore cover in) when yous have already had a pretty strong campaign so far without him? It looks like Newcastle are doomed as thorman persists on trying to recreate the awful town team from last season without the only decent players we had (the locals), so it means one from haven, barrow, York, Swindon, keighley or Widnes to join them. Surely you have enough quality and good enough home form to keep afloat without spending on any unnecessary acquisitions like Jake. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

1 hour ago, wonky said:

Just a question for haven fans, in a season where the board repeatedly put out statements about how hard up they are, how much there struggling etc, go fund me pages going up for you all to invest your hard earned money, do you think it’s right that there bringing in new players such as Jake Carter (a position you probably didn’t need anymore cover in) when yous have already had a pretty strong campaign so far without him? It looks like Newcastle are doomed as thorman persists on trying to recreate the awful town team from last season without the only decent players we had (the locals), so it means one from haven, barrow, York, Swindon, keighley or Widnes to join them. Surely you have enough quality and good enough home form to keep afloat without spending on any unnecessary acquisitions like Jake. 

Dunno where the moneys coming from for new players but we did need Carter now bishop and dixon look long term been using king at 6 with Jamie. So he was needed now. Started season pretty well but could still easily go down

4 minutes ago, dkw said:

I don't see how they are allowed to keep signing players while not paying existing players and coaches.

I was just gonna make that point,  the craic at work from their own fans is that Tom Walker is going to Barrow as he's owed thousands in missed wages. He can't be the only one.

• Like 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

On 06/07/2023 at 21:20, Davo5 said:

What a strange post,especially as a Haven fan given the way things are going financially at the club.

Well done on securing what looks like a great sponsorship deal.

Thats some statement from you Davy, given your comments on here in the past about town, the area and the fans (obvious hatred of our club) well done for the climb down marra👍- hopefully, like the stadium,  a new start for you. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Congratulations on the new sponsorship. Looks like a promising time for Town.  I could reply to a few regarding Haven but I won't so it doesn't take away from this good post for town.

Congratulations once again 👏👏

Spoken like a true Neutral 👏👏👏🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Davo5 said:

I’ll leave the petty hatred to you & your sad trolling.

I think you’ll struggle to find any post of mine extolling any hatred towards Town,the area & the fans,maybe because I actually live in this area,support the community game & recognise the problems facing the sport in the county.

Thanks Davy, well done and apogee accepted 👍.

Crack is that some of the leaving players offered their services to Town, not sure if this is true, but I hate this constant financial roller coaster both clubs seem to be on with players moving between clubs. It’s not that long ago that Tom Walker was at DP with his haven team mates singing a little ditty about us being blue and white s@@@e. Good player but deffo don’t want to see him in a Town shirt again. 😡( I would have Marcus’ back tomorrow)💙

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Who has actually left Haven? What I never get is when officials come out, like Charlton today, & say “We budgeted for crowds of 1,200 & we aren’t getting that….”  but they never, ever would get that attendance as an avg.  Surely if you’re doing it responsibly you would go in lower at say avg crowds of 750 & hope for more? And I know town have said similar things over the years too so we’re ones to talk but I just don’t get it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Crack is that some of the leaving players offered their services to Town, not sure if this is true, but I hate this constant financial roller coaster both clubs seem to be on with players moving between clubs. It’s not that long ago that Tom Walker was at DP with his haven team mates singing a little ditty about us being blue and white s@@@e. Good player but deffo don’t want to see him in a Town shirt again. 😡( I would have Marcus’ back tomorrow)💙

I hope we say well clear of these players and stick with the young emerging players we have brought in, wasn't that long ago a few jumped ship when we were in financial trouble, I would rather see how these young lads develop thank you very much, UTT💙🤍🏉

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

I hope we say well clear of these players and stick with the young emerging players we have brought in, wasn't that long ago a few jumped ship when we were in financial trouble, I would rather see how these young lads develop thank you very much, UTT💙🤍🏉

Totally agree, would hate to see the likes of Marwood released again to accommodate some average players who don't really care about the club. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Would you stay in a job that was trying to force you into accepting reduced wages if you had offers elsewhere ?

The Haven players are a month in arrears,if they can get a contract at another club that’s fair enough & good luck to them.

Good Luck for the rest of the season.

• Confused 1

Anyway........I thought the pitch looked great on Sunday - the stadium really does look great on a sunny day when the sun shining and we have a good crowd in.

Yes we need to move on to the new stadium so the club can survive but it would be travesty to move to reds for a small main stand only....

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Town0682 said:

Who has actually left Haven? What I never get is when officials come out, like Charlton today, & say “We budgeted for crowds of 1,200 & we aren’t getting that….”  but they never, ever would get that attendance as an avg.  Surely if you’re doing it responsibly you would go in lower at say avg crowds of 750 & hope for more? And I know town have said similar things over the years too so we’re ones to talk but I just don’t get it.

Probably for too long clubs have relied on central funding which has then been handed over to drive players wages up to an unsustainable level against the money received through the gate ,long term I'm still optimistic that a shared community stadium is the way forward but the efforts of the board to utilise derwent park to everyone's advantage over the last year has been fantastic, the addition of the reds ladies football and now the town ladies helps fulfill the inclusion required for companies such as Fibrus to support 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Anyway........I thought the pitch looked great on Sunday - the stadium really does look great on a sunny day when the sun shining and we have a good crowd in.

Yes we need to move on to the new stadium so the club can survive but it would be travesty to move to reds for a small main stand only....

Would Fibrus have the new stadium named after them as well? Would be great for Town if the company the stadium is named after is more rugby than football

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

I would be very surprised if the board signed any of our old players who chose to join Haven when we hit our sticky patch last season, aside from short term signings to cover injuries.

I don't for one minute blame those players for leaving when they weren't being paid and refusing the reduced terms by Town, but we need to stop looking backwards and embrace the future to build on the progress this BOD have made in just 12 months !!

I would rather have a team full of raw, game hungry young players than a team of journeymen who are just looking for a weekly pay packet.

Times change and as much as I sympathise with the predicament the Haven players and supporters find themselves in - we have to stop worrying about other clubs and concentrate on building solid foundations to have a solid end to this season and mount a serious tilt at for Championship rugby next season.

• Like 7