Thur 13th Jul: SL: St Helens v Catalans Dragons KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/07/23 at 19:30

It's embarrassing watching Saints isn't it.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

Never mind. This match thread as usual is absolutely embarrassing so I'm not gonna bother.

Did you like it when Paasi got whacked, dropped it 3m forward and Moore stood by and applauded?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, The Blues Ox said:

Saints on TV can only mean one thing. We have to watch 80 minutes of rugby where they get nearly every 50/50 decision.

Perhaps Saints get 1/2 of the 50/50 decisions. ..and Catalans get the other half 

I think the ref is OK. He's explaining his decisions clearly for all to hear.  Yes, he's under pressure from the arm-flappers and the crowd and yes, he can't necessarily see what we see on TV but under the circumstances, he's doing ok.

• Haha 1

that cats pass was not forward - hope referee blunders are not gonna decide the out come of this important game - the ref has ruined the 1st half

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

It's actually comical the amount of people that think that refs are biased towards certain teams. Yes you may moan about a decision that you thought should go the other way but by and large refs are right 99% of the time and certainly make far less mistakes than any of us would. If you think that refs are bent go and have a look for the rest of the brain cells you seem to have misplaced.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I’ve never been able to get away from the thought that Liam Moore is a Wiganer and feels pressure reffing Saints games because he doesn’t want to come across as biased ‘against’ them. It can be the only thing that explains that first half, along with ‘insert any Saints game he’s taken charge of’ in the past. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, sam4731 said:

It's actually comical the amount of people that think that refs are biased towards certain teams. Yes you may moan about a decision that you thought should go the other way but by and large refs are right 99% of the time and certainly make far less mistakes than any of us would. If you think that refs are bent go and have a look for the rest of the brain cells you seem to have misplaced.

He's not bent, he's just having a shocker. That missed knock on at the end of the first half is unforgivable at this level.

• Like 2

All players have bad games sometimes. All refs have bad games sometimes. It certainly seems like Liam Moore is having some difficulties in this one and Catalans might feel hard done to. They can't afford to let it frustrate them though.

3 minutes ago, Nothus said:

He's not bent, he's just having a shocker. That missed knock on at the end of the first half is unforgivable at this level.

There are a lot on here though that are implying he only ever seems to have a shocker when he referees saints games. Unless they think that it's purely coincidental.

I actually think that last pass to Tomkins was forward, good call by the ref.

The problem for them is that Saints seem to be getting a lot of the 50/50s, and they are pushing the refs with slowing down and second efforts in tackles all the time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bromleybulldog said:

Have to agree with the ref obsessed moaners on here, as a complete neutral I'm finding it very difficult to avoid the feeling that he has given StHelens every advantage and Catalans absolutely nothing

Correct

2 minutes ago, bromleybulldog said:

Have to agree with the ref obsessed moaners on here, as a complete neutral I'm finding it very difficult to avoid the feeling that he has given StHelens every advantage and Catalans absolutely nothing

And the Sky commentary team are just as bad.