Help needed regarding tickets

1 hour ago, Griff said:

I agree - put too many obstacles in the way and folk just won't come.

I get that clubs want folk to buy tickets early and commit to attending but, sometimes, you might like to attend on impulse.

yep - how many "can my mate come? dad" on the day walk ups do they miss out on?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

2 hours ago, Griff said:

I agree - put too many obstacles in the way and folk just won't come.

I get that clubs want folk to buy tickets early and commit to attending but, sometimes, you might like to attend on impulse.

I can probably count on one hand the number of RL games I’ve been to that you couldn’t get entry on the day.  

Solved..

Heading "North" this afternoon .

A mate of a mate walked to the Saints ticket office and purchased a couple of tickets for us.

Just hope he shows up tonight at our Haydock hotel.

🙃

• Like 2

13 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

No sales at the Wire ticket office tomorrow 

Madness 

A rare moment of agreement.

That is absolute lunacy.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

11 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Are you listening IMG……..fans wanting to pay money to attend games but turned away. How many points does that lose you on the grading algorithm?

This definitely isn't just a rugby league thing. Most sports and events act like this these days. My local swimming pool for example was recently taken over and members can no longer turn up and use the pool. You have to download an app, remember your username and password, reset it when you inevitably forget it, book a slot etc. Most people aren't going to bother. 

It would be nice if rugby league tried to be different, recognised what its support base wanted and went with that.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

A rare moment of agreement.

That is absolute lunacy.

There isn’t many tickets left, but if there is capacity left in the ground, then surely the policy would be to fill it!

why you cant simply download a ticket onto an I phone once purchased is beyond me. You do for football, so why not Rugby ?  If you can’t make it, no loss to the game. 

On 17/07/2023 at 19:14, graveyard johnny said:

modern life is made so difficult these days - you will have to download an app to go for a shy t - before long - never had a problem just paying at the gate for games or gigs in the past 

Too true. I hate taking a bank card out as I'm pretty clumsy and always losing money and keys. If you take £100 out, the most you can lose is £100. Spreading it over 3 pockets minimises the potential loss. If my bank card get's scammed, there's always a couple of grand in it.

It's bad enough that I won't go in one of my favourite pubs because you can only pay by card. Now, British Rail want to remove an shedload of ticket offices and you'll have to pay by card for a railway ticket.

Bag of Cack.😒😒

• Like 1

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

So it turns out the reason no tickets are on sale is because virtually all the tickets have been sold?

Not incompetency or a conspiracy against Leigh/Saints/Children/Walkups/Cash? 

Sounds good for the game!

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Tbh, it seems reasonable then that there are pretty much no general tickets remaining, and explains why they are not putting them. On general sale at the stadium today. 

We need something to be angry at though 😜

Great day (despite the result) and a good night out around Sint Helens.

Banter in the pub before the game was first class and the Saints fans singing "Your just a bus stop in Wigan" made me chuckle regarding how much stick Leigh get on here for having no train station.

🙃

• Like 2