Littler

jroyales

3 minutes ago, Roughyed Rats said:
10 minutes ago, thecrab said:

Or he’s got the Widnes job and his focus has been elsewhere

Well, given the rumours circulating on the Widnes forum, the fact he was apparently spotted there one afternoon a few weeks ago, and that he was definitely one of Hamiltons team, I suppose this was inevitable 

• Like 1

Something has happened though, as we were playing some exciting attacking rugby earlier in the season, but this has all changed. Maybe the tinkering with team selection to bring in the Wigan lads has disputed the flow and upset a lot of the squad. Maybe his head has been turned. I guess a lot will come to light over the coming days / weeks. 

• Like 1

The team lost all of its structure with the loss of Paga. I am sure if he had been playing at Hunslet we would have won. Against Wales again we struggled but came through.

Let's see who plays at number 7 down in Cornwall and against either Workington or Midlands or even Rochdale.

• Like 1

Well I told you all 2 months ago littler wasn’t the right man to take his forward and not one person agreed with me. I’m not going to Celebrate someone losing his job but it’s for the best he’s not good enough to be the coach he couldn’t get the job done against the bigger clubs. No chance he’s going Widnes as well time to move forward now!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Widnes 1989⭐⚫⚪️ said:

As a Widnes fan, I want Littler as much as I want the lurgy! We’ve already got CH who has only been here a few weeks and has caused the current chairman to step down. Littler and CH are a recipe for disaster!

I'd certainly be more worried about CH than Littler.

Littler has done good work for us this season and a steady guy like him won't have changed overnight. Perhaps there are other factors going on here, but as fans, we shall never really know.

Anyway, the rest of the season falls on Ford's shoulders now, so there will be no other fall guy, if we don't get that promotion spot. No doubt there are those who will still blame Littler whatever, but that's how it goes.     

Clearly there would appear to be issues.

If he was going to be sacked after the losses, then surely the Monday to Tuesday after the Hunsley loss would have been more timely rather than two weeks late. It sounds like something has happened to force their hand.

Edited by sheddingswasus

36 minutes ago, Logic said:

Littler has done good work for us this season and a steady guy like him won't have changed overnight. Perhaps there are other factors going on here, but as fans, we shall never really know.

Anyway, the rest of the season falls on Ford's shoulders now, so there will be no other fall guy, if we don't get that promotion spot. No doubt there are those who will still blame Littler whatever, but that's how it goes.     

Will Mike Ford being in the background be a help or a hindrance to anyone coaching at the club? Might there (have) be(en) a constant suspicion that he is(was) itching to step in and show how it should be done?

• Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, Widnes 1989⭐⚫⚪️ said:

As a Widnes fan, I want Littler as much as I want the lurgy! We’ve already got CH who has only been here a few weeks and has caused the current chairman to step down. Littler and CH are a recipe for disaster!

Well if I know anything about CH it is this.His record for managing decline is second to absolutely none.He can handle nomadic existing, he'll find you a Sunday league football ground to play on and he will keep you going in some form while you reminisce about the old days.Good luck.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The worst kept secret in rugby league? Amongst many. Stu Littler is a very decent bloke and certainly moved the club on from where it was. It’s a cut throat business though if we want promotion and to cement the club’s position and standing at a higher level. If Fordy can ramp them up for the play offs, which likely will be win at all costs then that will be fantastic and will put us in a much better position to appoint a stronger coach for the Boundary Park era. I wish Littler all the best and thank him for his efforts and commitment but the time and circumstances demand a move onwards and upwards, for me.

• Like 1

I like Littler and his attacking brand of rugby and you can’t help but think with Ford looking over his shoulder it couldn’t of been an easy job, trying to bond the new players together with the rumours of new players pending it can’t be good for team morale. Thank you for your hard work Littler.

Hearing rumours numerous players have asked to leave the club  Ridyard Baker Morgan and Paga, hope this is all speculation. Also seen on twitter Wilkinson will be going to Widnes with immediate effect, hope not because he’s been the glue for me and we seem to lose our way when he goes off. 

Looking forward to seeing what Ford can do with this bunch of players, I feel this bunch can get promoted but we have no Devine right to go up or our squad is any better than Doncaster or Hunslet in my opinion. 

let’s all stick together and get behind Ford 

42 minutes ago, ManchesterYed said:

I like Littler and his attacking brand of rugby and you can’t help but think with Ford looking over his shoulder it couldn’t of been an easy job, trying to bond the new players together with the rumours of new players pending it can’t be good for team morale. Thank you for your hard work Littler.

Hearing rumours numerous players have asked to leave the club  Ridyard Baker Morgan and Paga, hope this is all speculation. Also seen on twitter Wilkinson will be going to Widnes with immediate effect, hope not because he’s been the glue for me and we seem to lose our way when he goes off. 

Looking forward to seeing what Ford can do with this bunch of players, I feel this bunch can get promoted but we have no Devine right to go up or our squad is any better than Doncaster or Hunslet in my opinion. 

let’s all stick together and get behind Ford 

That sounds like utter b***. If players would leave the club at this stage in a season then they’re not fit to play for the club in the first place. 

• Like 2