Dewsbury on Sunday .........

Therein73

1 minute ago, dkw said:

So Haven and Barrow at home and we're away and we still dont get commentary. 

1 minute ago, dkw said:

So Haven and Barrow at home and we're away and we still dont get commentary. 

Calum gave it a good go and at 8 all at half time I was getting hopeful.

Injuries seemed to stop us in the 2nd half and we shipped 30 points.

A bit like what happened at home really

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, town blue said:

The sooner this season is over the better. Big improvements required for next season if we are to get out of this terrible league.

The lads we put out today really gave it a go and we're in the game for 50mins.

Put Henson and Barnes back into the side and we would be stronger still

.Add Thomson and Steele and Curwen and ⁹ 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, town blue said:

The sooner this season is over the better. Big improvements required for next season if we are to get out of this terrible league.

We can still get out of this league, you realise that right?

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Any sign of these players coming back for the play offs?

• Like 1

I know we haven’t beaten any contenders but I still think under Dews there’s no one really standing out , certainly on what I’ve seen . You need your best players out there though to have at least a sniff 

• Like 2

I wouldn't give up all hope of success in the play-offs...... Your guys dug deep today and showed a real spirit ..... Only when you got players injured and busted did we get on top and take the game away from you ....... If you've some decent players to come back I reckon you could have a right crack at it...... Great set of supporters today and really added to the atmosphere both in the ground and the Royal Suite afterwards ........ True Rugby League afternoon - Well done !!!

• Like 14

30 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I know we haven’t beaten any contenders but I still think under Dews there’s no one really standing out , certainly on what I’ve seen . You need your best players out there though to have at least a sniff 

We competed with the run away leaders for 50 minutes, considering the top players we have missing that was a brilliant effort. Well done, would be great to get the likes of Barnes, Henson, Key and the rest back for the play offs.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, town blue said:

Can someone explain play offs pls?........is it top four, five, six?

Whatever it will be a tough task from one of the lower positions which will most likely be an away trip?

Although some clubs are equally as inconsistent as Town............Certainly Doncaster are hard to weigh up....beat us last week, signed some alleged top players during week, and lost at Crusaders today, what the heck?...If our large injury list can be repaired quickly play off success could be possible. Apart from Dewsbury going up I think Hunslet might now be a good bet to join them. 

3 minutes ago, chromedome said:

Whatever it will be a tough task from one of the lower positions which will most likely be an away trip?

Although some clubs are equally as inconsistent as Town............Certainly Doncaster are hard to weigh up....beat us last week, signed some alleged top players during week, and lost at Crusaders today, what the heck?...If our large injury list can be repaired quickly play off success could be possible. Apart from Dewsbury going up I think Hunslet might now be a good bet to join them. 

A lot of inconsistency in teams is down to Dual Reg.

With Loans you know your squad better -DR can change at  minutes notice.

It should be scrapped - it is only there to help SL who Hoover up all the prospects and expect us to give them a game?

Pleased Muzza doesn't use it its awful for the game.

I know we used it in the past with Phil Vievers and we got to see some of Wigan Players who went on to be great " Manfredi etc- but its not good for a squad or the game.

• Like 2

2nd plays 5th, 3rd plays 4th - 5th team will never play at home regardless of play off results.

1 hour ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

11 minutes ago, chromedome said:

Top is promoted - end of story

2 gets a week off

3 home to 4

5 home to 6  - loser out

Next round

2 home to winner of 3 &4 - winner in final

Loser of 3&4 home to winner of 5&6   - loser out

Next round

Loser of 2 v winner 3/4 home to winner of 3/4 v 5/6   - loser out winner in final

SIMPLES????

2 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

Top is promoted - end of story

2 gets a week off

3 home to 4

5 home to 6  - loser out

Next round

Next round

Loser of 2 v winner 3/4 home to winner of 3/4 v 5/6   - loser out winner in final

SIMPLES????

Wasn’t aware of the process, it’s only a couple of years ago that we were in it.🙄 we could still get another home game then 🤔

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Dewsbury promoted, 2nd to 5th play 2 semi finals and final. We would probably have to visit Huntley, the struggled against Rochdale today. 🤔

Hunslet should hold no fear for us, remember at there place we would have got a least drew had Sabutey unfortunately not dropped the ball over the line in last minute, provided we can put a strong team out that is.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, town blue said:

2nd plays 5th, 3rd plays 4th - 5th team will never play at home

25 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Wasn’t aware of the process, it’s only a couple of years ago that we were in it.🙄 we could still get another home game then 🤔

27 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

2 gets a week off

3 home to 4

5 home to 6  - loser out

Next round

Next round

11 minutes ago, bobg said:

Dewsbury promoted, 2nd to 5th play 2 semi finals and final

Different formats guys......not "simples" to me now.

You should be proud of your team today ... they never gave up despite a few of them clearly carrying injuries.. your full back Burns was playing on one leg for over an hour .. he never gave up!! When he came off it was clear he was in excruciating pain... I hope you can regroup for the playoffs!! 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, the old nine ole said:

You should be proud of your team today ... they never gave up despite a few of them clearly carrying injuries.. your full back Burns was playing on one leg for over an hour .. he never gave up!! When he came off it was clear he was in excruciating pain... I hope you can regroup for the playoffs!! 

Thanks mate, enjoy your night and next season. Had some good days at your place in thr 80s when a club of yours twinned with Westfield mines welfare club. with 

• Like 2