Dewsbury on Sunday .........

Therein73

Off the thread a bit. Cracking signing dave ecclestone will be.. Scored a try set up another. He took the ball in  1 st receiver  a few times. Tackled well. (Had complimentary ticket for haven match). Carn t wait to see him in town colours next year, had a good game.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, David69 said:

Off the thread a bit. Cracking signing dave ecclestone will be.. Scored a try set up another. He took the ball in  1 st receiver  a few times. Tackled well. (Had complimentary ticket for haven match). Carn t wait to see him in town colours next year, had a good game.

Got the power and strength if only he was half a yard faster would have scored a hatrick. Man of match today for me

• Like 1

Town caused us some problems in the first forty minutes with a lovely try for Walker when he soared through the gaping hole left by our defence and were unlucky not to score another. At half time with the score at 8-8 I thought we were lucky to be level, but we served up a quality second half, possibly helped by injuries and tiring players in your team.

Your fans never stopped chanting encouragement to your team and the fancy dress added to the atmosphere. I enjoyed chatting to some of those who joined us in the Royal Suite after the game.

Hope you make gains in the play-offs.

• Like 8
Legs, Dews, Legs.

On 06/08/2023 at 17:04, town blue said:

The sooner this season is over the better. Big improvements required for next season if we are to get out of this terrible league.

I think that's a pretty negative statement considering where the club was a year ago. We have been very unlucky with a number of long term injuries this season. We are in the play offs and none of the other teams will want to play us in a knockout game. I'm a lot more optimistic than I was this time last season. 

That said it wouldn't be terrible if the squad had another season in this league to strengthen and be better equipped for promotion to the championship. Muzza will be very aware of areas where the squad needs strengthened, and the Eccleston signing tells us preparations for next season are already underway. 

UTT. 

• Like 5

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

We are not ready yet for the step up in grade . Dewsbury might have a chance of staying up if they invest wisely and don`t have too many injuries .The rest however need 9 or 10 players to have any chance , they are all inconsistent and unless they have money to burn have very little chance of success next season .

• Like 5

6 hours ago, ivans82 said:

We are not ready yet for the step up in grade . Dewsbury might have a chance of staying up if they invest wisely and don`t have too many injuries .The rest however need 9 or 10 players to have any chance , they are all inconsistent and unless they have money to burn have very little chance of success next season .

On the other hand you wouldn't want to be in a division that finds itself with too few clubs. Are you confident that all of the Championship/C1 clubs will be around to start season 2024?

• Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

When is this reassessment of the league structure , or has that disappeared ?

It was never going to happen except in the imagination of some fans. The IMG scheme is for club gradings to determine which leagues they play in, eventually. The structures of those leagues will evolve apparently. Evolution usually includes some species dying out.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

16 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

It was never going to happen except in the imagination of some fans. The IMG scheme is for club gradings to determine which leagues they play in, eventually. The structures of those leagues will evolve apparently. Evolution usually includes some species dying out.

Very true Johnny. It’s a stealth process, starve clubs of funding and those that are unsustainable will die off. That’s why it’s so important that we get the new stadium to try and generate other revenue streams.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

52 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Very true Johnny. It’s a stealth process, starve clubs of funding and those that are unsustainable will die off. That’s why it’s so important that we get the new stadium to try and generate other revenue streams.

end of life pathway!

• Haha 1