Sean Long Sacked

1 minute ago, sentoffagain2 said:

What happened to the £2 million the council gave us  Cas and Wakey?.i know we have created a fan zone of sorts but is the rest just sleeping  in an account.

It's not for paying players.

• Like 3

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

1 minute ago, sentoffagain2 said:

What happened to the £2 million the council gave us  Cas and Wakey?.i know we have created a fan zone of sorts but is the rest just sleeping  in an account.

Supposed to be for community things.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

If this opens the door for Toulouse to get promoted to Super League some flat cappers will be in meltdown 🤣

Well if Toulouse don't go up somethings wrong unless we really improve.

1 minute ago, The Future is League said:

I would guess it depends on who you bring in as your next coach and his budget for the rest of the season.

IF you are struggling with finances PERHAPS you might have to cut some players

Ford as been announced for rest of season, you could be right but only time will tell. Now Sean has gone will Aekins and Hankinson want to go ? 

1 hour ago, LeytherRob said:

I thought we'd reached peak silly season with Blake Austin going to Cas but I stand corrected. Very risky call with Fev 8 clear of 2nd place. 

I wouldn't be overly enthused with Ford if I was a Fev fan either. He did alright in 2018/2019, although 2019 was a very weak championship season with most of the other big teams waiting for TW to get out the way. Since then York have rarely lived up to expectations and the style of play has been very Conservative and ineffectual. Wakefield have come on leaps and bounds since he left and Fev have gone backwards.  If he fails now then I'm not really sure where he goes from here as Campbell will have him straight out the door if they don't get promoted.

Get it right - revolving door! 😆 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bobbruce said:

Doesn’t the opening post say it was mutual consent. 

Works both ways. He wasn't sacked, he wanted to leave.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kiggy said:

Works both ways. He wasn't sacked, he wanted to leave.

I know but the thread title says Sean Long sacked. If he walks straight into the assistants job at Wire you can bet he wasn’t sacked. 

9 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Ford as been announced for rest of season, you could be right but only time will tell. Now Sean has gone will Aekins and Hankinson want to go ? 

Its difficult to get decent players in this time of the season, if you have to replace decent players. I think Fords in a no way situation here.

2 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

I know but the thread title says Sean Long sacked. If he walks straight into the assistants job at Wire you can bet he wasn’t sacked. 

Probably releasing Sean might save having to pay him off 🤔 ?

21 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Its difficult to get decent players in this time of the season, if you have to replace decent players. I think Fords in a no way situation here.

Absolutely, for the aspiring championship champions what do you do? Go all in hoping you win the final? Which players would want to sign for a championship club with 7 games to play and no confirmed SL place? And the clubs, who has that money as a bet?

23 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Don’t think that club can sign players now, until the end of the season. Not sure if loans are still allowed?.

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

They can only draw on those funds for specific infrastructure based projects. Wakey used theirs to part fund the Belle Vue redevelopment works. Cas have not yet used theirs but it is in the funding for the planned redevelopment of Wheldon Road.

Fev I assume would be doing similar, though probably focused on their main stand/facilities and the floodlight infrastructure for example.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Future is League said:

Well nigh on impossible as the transfer deadline has passed.