Best ever wembley try?

The scrim reaper

I would invite anyone and I know we get a lot of fans from other teams on our forum, to watch the last batley try again ( not forgetting the first one that wasn't bad either) and ask is it the best wembley try ever? There's no bias here! Just seeking opinions! personally I don't remember ever seeing a try like that  at Wembley! 

Edited by The scrim reaper
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

It was an absolutely brilliant try but if it had cost us the match i'm sure the two forward passes would get more of a mention. 🤔🏆

yep in the Super Duper League its known as Forward Momentum.

tum

tum

• Like 1
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Definitely best try seen at Wembley. I know I'm biased but I think it was better than " Wide to west". But won't get as much publicity beyond our own leagues. 

• Like 2

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

1 hour ago, andyram said:

Are the rumours true you are changing your name to the Batley Globetrotters from 2024? Got to say it's probably the best try I've seen at Wembley.

Whatever gets us them sweet sweet IMG points.

20 hours ago, RPH said:

yep in the Super Duper League its known as Forward Momentum.

tum

tum

And has been in the laws for decades, much before SL was even thought of.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 15/08/2023 at 09:30, RogerT said:

Yes some airy moments which from behind their posts might suggest forwards.

The last pass was clearly forward, not that it matters now. It was as i've said an absolutely brilliant try. A fantastic weekend and i get the feeling it might not be the last time we meet this season. 🏉

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

The last pass was clearly forward, not that it matters now. It was as i've said an absolutely brilliant try. A fantastic weekend and i get the feeling it might not be the last time we meet this season. 🏉

Come on OG, I've heard of sore losers but sore winners?? The final pass looked OK to me and the referee and the TJ. Let it go. Halifax  won and on the overall 80 minutes probably deserved to . If one of us beats Fev in the playoffs we could be looking at  a Wembley repeat in the final. Let's hope so, eh?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bromleybulldog said:

Come on OG, I've heard of sore losers but sore winners?? The final pass looked OK to me and the referee and the TJ. Let it go. Halifax  won and on the overall 80 minutes probably deserved to . If one of us beats Fev in the playoffs we could be looking at  a Wembley repeat in the final. Let's hope so, eh?

A Batley v Fax final would be fantastic but it wouldn't be at Wembley❗😅

6 hours ago, bromleybulldog said:

One of you could get rid of Fev BUT the other one would need to get rid of Toulouse.....Good luck.

• Like 1

For last minute drama in a Wembley Final,surely it must compare to the conversion miss by Don Fox in the last minute of the so called water logged final.

As an aside,after Hooley's miss,I consoled myself watching the highlights of the 42-0 game on a loop.LOL

• Like 1