Doncaster - The Qualifying Final 3rd Sept.

jroyales

7 hours ago, jroyales said:

Hope for a bit of luck in the fourth time of asking.

Are there any coaches going and if so what time are they leaving Oldham, and from where?

The Yeds Supporters Group are organising coach travel to the Eco Power Stadium for Sunday's massive game against Doncaster, 3pm kick off.
Email theyedsgroup@gmail.com to register your interest.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sheddingswasus said:

Yet, Brett Ferres same grade b charge for tripping, found guilty but given £40 fine!

It should have been a straight red because for me it was deliberate. 

He lives a charmed life does Ferres because when we played them earlier in the season at our place he threw the ball at the referee and got away with it. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ManchesterYed said:

What would be our strongest 17 for this one ? 

mcnally 

rawsthorne 

morgan 

carr

ah Van 

ellis 

ridyard

nelmes 

wilkinson 

moran 

Hirst 

baker 

whittle 

subs:

meadows 

newton 

Cameron

blagbrough

Mcnally

Rawsthorne

Hirst

Carr

Ahvan

Ridyard

Ellis

Nelmes

Wilkinson

Meadows

Baker

Cameron

Whittle

Subs

Slater/Paga

Moran

Newton

Blagborough

38 minutes ago, jroyales said:

Can't risk Ellis. Paga has been the star in all of the games he has played in.

I'd leave Ellis out and stick with Slater because we know it works bringing Slater off the bench.

Agree to disagree with most of your comment. 

I agree id pick Slater 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jimmy DoNut said:

Be very tough on Sunday, Doncaster have 3 overseas proven top players in Vete, Fonua & Boas, none of whom played against us earlier this year. If we win, it will certainly be a very impressive result.

Come on Oldham!

Totally agree Doncaster are clear favourites in the play offs and don’t see anyone getting close to them with there new recruits 

2 hours ago, jroyales said:

Can't risk Ellis. Paga has been the star in all of the games he has played in.

I'd leave Ellis out and stick with Slater because we know it works bringing Slater off the bench.

Agree to disagree with these comments also.

paga star in every game ? Yes he’s a constant threat but as numerous people have stated before his job is to create for others and not to try and beat the opposition team on his own. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ManchesterYed said:

Totally agree Doncaster are clear favourites in the play offs and don’t see anyone getting close to them with there new recruits 

Doncaster are very strong but this yeds team are the best attacking team in this division, unfortunately they’re also dodgy in defence and can’t put an 80 minute performance together! I reckon if they did, they would thump Doni.

Paga, Rawsthorne, Carr, Morgan , Ah Van, Ridyard, Ellis, Nelmes, Wilkinson, Meadows, Hirst, Whittel, Moran. subs: Slater, Blagbrough, Baker, Newton.

McNally hasn't played well for months and shouldn't come straight back into the team.  Second row aside from Hirst has been poor all year so I'm moving Whittel there and playing Moran longer minutes. Think we're short on the bench no matter who we go with though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m brooksy said:

Paga, Rawsthorne, Carr, Morgan , Ah Van, Ridyard, Ellis, Nelmes, Wilkinson, Meadows, Hirst, Whittel, Moran. subs: Slater, Blagbrough, Baker, Newton.

McNally hasn't played well for months and shouldn't come straight back into the team.  Second row aside from Hirst has been poor all year so I'm moving Whittel there and playing Moran longer minutes. Think we're short on the bench no matter who we go with though

Cameron worked his socks off at Rochdale and was top tackler against Midlands.

Moran prefers to come off the bench.

Hirst should play centre

For me Hirst at second row , he is not as good as Carr or Morgan at centre . 
Bit of  strange game this as we obviously want to win but we have a second chance on this game, so is it really worth the risk with some players . 
If Ellis is fit then he should start as we need him to get up to speed with the attacking plays Slater on the bench isn't just our impact hooker he can also cover at half and has done so well this season , although his best position is clearly hooker . Slater has slightly more speed than Paga  , has a better pass and clearly is comfortable shouting out plays , Paga and Tyrer seem quiet . 
For me Paga at full back he suits that position well with his hard to handle running and there is less of a drop off from McNally to Paga , than Ellis to Paga (not that we've seen Ellis though) .
Also in Ellis and McNally we have 2 players who haven't played since injuring hamstrings , to risk both of them in this game I feel would be a recipe for disaster.

On 30/08/2023 at 21:10, sheddingswasus said:

It stinks to be honest.

He had no case to answer. He didn't throw the ball at the ref. Threw it in his direction at the ground and it hit refs leg. Do you lot honestly believe refs favour either Donny or Ferres? You're entitled to believe that but can you explain why?