Centre -  

Utility Back - 

Half back - 

Prop - 

Hooker - 

Second Row - Hirst, Gallagher

Loose Forward - 

Squad = 3

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Have the club released a definitive list of who was already signed from last year?  Or will they be released as part of the 'media' push?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Fullback - 

Wing - Agoro

Centre -  Turner

Utility Back - 

Half back - Ellis

Prop - Johnson

Hooker - 

Second Row - Hirst, Gallagher, Wardle

Loose Forward - Whittel

Squad = 8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ManchesterYed said:

Why did Newcastle let him go ? 

Assume he was out of contract. It's pretty well publicised that Newcastle moved to part-time this season and apparently the owner is pulling his cash out. Perhaps there may be one or two more from there coming.

Edited by Roughyed Rats

4 hours ago, ManchesterYed said:

Why did Newcastle let him go ? 

Brad's contract expired and he was on a full time deal. No doubt we would've liked to keep him but as a club we have to become more sustainable.

You have a good one with Brad and he will go well for you guys.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The released list was confirmation of the players that Oldham were not in contract negotiations. Those not on the list are players that the club wish to explore the opportunity to retain but will also be subject to offers by other clubs.

It’s interesting that the players the club are bringing in are on 2 year deals, which provides stability beyond next season however, if the players don’t perform as expected will require some form of pay off to release from the 2nd year of their contracts. A bit of a risk particularly without a coach being in place. 

• Like 1

Fullback - 

Wing - Agoro, Rawsthorne

Centre -  Turner

Utility Back - 

Half back - Ellis

Prop - Johnson

Hooker - 

Second Row - Hirst, Gallagher, Wardle

Loose Forward - Whittel

Squad = 9

44 minutes ago, jroyales said:

Another announcement today. Why aren't the players from last season, who are staying, on your squad sheet?

Because officially only 9 players have been announced.  

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, LittleboroRoughyed said:

The released list was confirmation of the players that Oldham were not in contract negotiations. Those not on the list are players that the club wish to explore the opportunity to retain but will also be subject to offers by other clubs.

It’s interesting that the players the club are bringing in are on 2 year deals, which provides stability beyond next season however, if the players don’t perform as expected will require some form of pay off to release from the 2nd year of their contracts. A bit of a risk particularly without a coach being in place. 

I guess Fordy and the board have confidence in them that they will perform. These are, in the main, tried and trusted pros who have shown what they are made of many times previously. Plus offering 2 year deals is more of an incentive to join us rather than sign elsewhere I guess.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Great signing, I said that when he originally signed and then one or two called him after a couple of early errors. He went on to be one of top players cart season. We are building a great back line. I suspect Nick may finish up in the centre this year but will be strong wherever he plays

Edited by sheddingswasus
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, sheddingswasus said:

Great signing, I said the when he originally signed and one or two called him after a couple of early errors. He went on to be one of top players cart season. We are building a great back line. I suspect Nick may finish up in the centre this year but will be strong wherever he plays

What makes you think he'll end up in the centre?