Squad for 2024.

jroyales

3 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Rochdale forum has McNally going back.

You won't miss him.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

So I might be missing some but I'll give it a go confirmed in Caps, rumours not. 

FB Astley, Paga

WING Agoro, Rawsthorne

CENTRES. TURNER, O'Keefe

HALF BACKS. ELLIS  Craven

PROPS. JOHNSON, FARNWORTH, KOPCZAK, Moran 

HOOKERS? 

SECOND ROW/LOOSE. WHITTEL WARDLE, Brown, Lawton 

Edited by Rob95
New rumours
  • Thanks 1

On 03/09/2023 at 17:56, Rob95 said:

God no and we need him at Widnes to try and get those 4 signings from them on the cheap 😀

Yes I know we won't have a team full of Oldham lads , it's not like Saints , Wigan or Leeds have a team full of their lads either . But he has made a big point of mentioning this with Turner and Johnson , my point is I hope that the majority of Hartley , Cameron and Slater are offered contracts , it shows to the youngsters you can effectively start at Oldham too not go somewhere else first . I'm not in any inner circle at the club so maybe they will get offers , they won't be on much and we need a squad , also if we don't see them next season maybe that is their choice . 

I completely agree it's good to debate different opinions Rob. Not convinced at all by Hartley defensively. Cameron's discipline is poor but he's OK. I like Slater and out of those three, he's the only one I'd hold onto. From the current squad I'd be happy to hold onto Rawsthorne, Johnson, Moran, Ellis, Morgan, Paga & Hirst. I think the older guard like Ridyard, McNally and co will either retire or end up at Rochdale (same thing).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Rob95 said:

So I might be missing some but I'll give it a go confirmed in Caps, rumours not. 

FB? 

WING? 

CENTRES. TURNER, 

PROPS. JOHNSON, FARNWORTH, KOPCZAK, Ferguson

HOOKERS? 

SECOND ROW/LOOSE. WHITTEL Brown, Wardle, Lawton 

Agoro also a rumour for wing and my understanding is that Rawsthorne will stay as well. MORAN at prop. 

30 minutes ago, Roughyed Rats said:

I completely agree it's good to debate different opinions Rob. Not convinced at all by Hartley defensively. Cameron's discipline is poor but he's OK. I like Slater and out of those three, he's the only one I'd hold onto. From the current squad I'd be happy to hold onto Rawsthorne, Johnson, Moran, Ellis, Morgan, Paga & Hirst. I think the older guard like Ridyard, McNally and co will either retire or end up at Rochdale (same thing).

I'd pretty much agree with all of That, I have my 1, 2,3 of the Oldham lads and Slater would be the no. 1 of them for me , going to have to find something to disagree about now 😜.

I think Johnson was signed for this and next year but could be wrong. 

43 minutes ago, Roughyed Rats said:

Talking about the 3 Oldham lads.

Slater should be picked above Paga as a hooker either on the bench or not. He wont be

Hartley is unlucky. He has struggled sometimes under the high ball but I think hes a better centre than winger. He should be given a chance over Morgan (or Hurst should be moved to centre)It wont happen 

Camerons discipline has been fine this season. ( he is one of the few naturally agressive players we have )He does a lot of the work that goes unoticed and often tops the tackle count. He should be in above a few forwards whose attitude may not match their talent. He wont be.

Just my opinion of course.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rob95 said:

FB? 

WING Agoro, Rawsthorne

CENTRES. TURNER, 

PROPS. JOHNSON, FARNWORTH, KOPCZAK, Ferguson, Moran 

HOOKERS? 

SECOND ROW/LOOSE. WHITTEL Brown, Wardle, Lawton 

You could play Wardle at Centre

Paga is staying next year so add him to the list at full back

Edited by chiefgeneral