Squad for 2024.

jroyales

1 hour ago, Happyed said:

I’d keep Wilkinson unless fordy has someone special up his sleeve.

exciting times! If these rumours are confirmed, fordy take my money! 

I’d 100% keep Wilkinson even if Fordy has a special talent lined up at hooker Wilkinson would be a quality number 2 hooker.

why would we keep Oldham lads who can’t even get in the current squad? 

id like to keep Ridyard and McNally I think they would also thrive in dominant forward pack team 

On 08/09/2023 at 22:36, Rob95 said:

So I might be missing some but I'll give it a go confirmed in Caps, rumours not. 

FB? 

WING Agoro, Rawsthorne

CENTRES. TURNER, 

HALF BACKS. ELLIS  Craven

PROPS. JOHNSON, FARNWORTH, KOPCZAK, Ferguson, Moran 

HOOKERS? 

SECOND ROW/LOOSE. WHITTEL Brown, Wardle, Lawton 

Ferguson is the new coach at Dewsbury.

15 hours ago, ManchesterYed said:

I’d 100% keep Wilkinson even if Fordy has a special talent lined up at hooker Wilkinson would be a quality number 2 hooker.

why would we keep Oldham lads who can’t even get in the current squad? 

id like to keep Ridyard and McNally I think they would also thrive in dominant forward pack team 

Ridyard turns 38 during next season. Rochdale or retirement I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheddingswasus said:

Joe Wardle presented to crowd just before kick off. 

He will be costing some wedge. It looks like you will be operating on a budget higher than many Championship teams next season.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

58 minutes ago, sheddingswasus said:

So if we are only retaining 20% of the squad (assuming the original squad) I wonder who are the retained 5?  
Maybe George Hirst (heard him say we need to start building for next year), Jordan Paga, Sheridan?, Whittel (2 year contract), Kian Morgan

Wonder if Brendon Sheridan will be retained ?

Coaching staff needed a clean sweep after the Littler decision.

Ridyard should have been given a shot as assistant.

Three disappointing ends in three seasons yet one coach has been constant.

Fresh start needed in that department now.

Youre not far wrong with the players.

Three of them are lucky to be honest. Their form nowhere near as good as some have been saying.

16 minutes ago, herbie said:

Coaching staff needed a clean sweep after the Littler decision.

Ridyard should have been given a shot as assistant.

Three disappointing ends in three seasons yet one coach has been constant.

Fresh start needed in that department now.

Youre not far wrong with the players.

Three of them are lucky to be honest. Their form nowhere near as good as some have been saying.

I think Ridyard is perhaps too connected to Littler. Even if he doesn’t follow littler to his next job, I doubt Ridyard would have wanted to stay. But I do agree , he  should have been given a chance. 

I agree we never achieved under Littler. Maybe in hindsight the decision should have been taken sooner. 

Paga was superb earlier on this season. Whilst his 4 match ban was a disgrace compared to some of the goings on in SL, on his return he has not been the same player. Not sure why, but definitely not. Ml

i would have liked to see Joe Hartley and Callum Cameron being given another shot  under the right coach I think they would kick on  

20 minutes ago, sheddingswasus said:

I think Ridyard is perhaps too connected to Littler. Even if he doesn’t follow littler to his next job, I doubt Ridyard would have wanted to stay. But I do agree , he  should have been given a chance. 

I agree we never achieved under Littler. Maybe in hindsight the decision should have been taken sooner. 

Paga was superb earlier on this season. Whilst his 4 match ban was a disgrace compared to some of the goings on in SL, on his return he has not been the same player. Not sure why, but definitely not. Ml

i would have liked to see Joe Hartley and Callum Cameron being given another shot  under the right coach I think they would kick 

What I meant was if Littler was going the assistant should have gone too. Ridyard should then have been given more responsibility. He had the players respect. If Ridyard had been Littlers assistant the season could have been different.

As a complete neutral I really don’t know where to start. The group have been a complete shambles. If at all possible I would offload each and every one of them including Hirst. Young raw and dumb. For me the club will go one of two ways. Either prosper or be full of internal wrangling for a few years before folding. Fordy pull no punches clear them out and get some pride back into what should be a great club. Oh and Jamie Ellis - an hamstring is more likely to go if it is supporting excess weight. Just saying!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Happyed said:

Come on Oldham, announce some players already!

No skolars next year. Perhaps they’ll do the right thing and merge champ/lg1 

I think, maybe our loss on Sunday may have put paid to some signings. However, we need to know what the format for next year is sooner than later in order to make more decent signings.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

I think, maybe our loss on Sunday may have put paid to some signings. However, we need to know what the format for next year is sooner than later in order to make more decent signings.

I am guessing 24 game season, play each other three times, Twice at home and once away for four teams and the reverse for the other four teams. If I am right, ( and according to my wife I never am) the thought of visiting Le parque de Spotland twice must excite you all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

I am guessing 24 game season, play each other three times, Twice at home and once away for four teams and the reverse for the other four teams. If I am right, ( and according to my wife I never am) the thought of visiting Le parque de Spotland twice must excite you all.

1 league, 23 teams, regional split for games, to be discussed and finalised 👍

• Like 3

On 16/09/2023 at 11:14, Anita Bath said:

At last the truth is out - Anita is a BLOKE !!   😜

Edited by Jimmy DoNut
  • Haha 3