CONGRATULATIONS

J Phil Loxton

11 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Congrats, easily the best team in the league.

Thanks Oxy. I've noticed you put in the boot on the Bradford forum in a subtle way when they suggested we weren't good enough to play in  Super League. Perhaps only Fax and Toulouse would be deserving of upsetting any applecart seeing that they are the only two clubs to have beaten Fev. Something the Bulls haven't done thus far😄

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Thanks Oxy. I've noticed you put in the boot on the Bradford forum in a subtle way when they suggested we weren't good enough to play in  Super League. Perhaps only Fax and Toulouse would be deserving of upsetting any applecart seeing that they are the only two clubs to have beaten Fev. Something the Bulls haven't done thus far😄

Yeah there seems to be a lot of people not quite understand what is going on next year although I am not surprised at that. Other than the worry of losing fans if getting hammered every week, there really is not much incentive for any promoted team to spend their windfall on the playing squad.

4 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Yeah there seems to be a lot of people not quite understand what is going on next year although I am not surprised at that. Other than the worry of losing fans if getting hammered every week, there really is not much incentive for any promoted team to spend their windfall on the playing squad.

True. Everything is in the lap of Super Leagues right hand man known better as IMG. That particular body was brought in to try and make the game more glamorous to wannabe new audiences. At the moment they are just dividing the sport even more if that's possible by convoluted measures. Tied up once again with SKY at reduced rates. No mention of trying to get rest of the sport like the championship on terrestrial TV for example. As you say it could drive fans away but at the same time keeping the top teams more comfortable.

18 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Yeah there seems to be a lot of people not quite understand what is going on next year although I am not surprised at that.

It's not surprising in terms of the Bradford fans when they are being so poorly guided by people who should know better.

Prior to one of his recent broadcasts one of the Bulls fans asked Mick Gledhill: "

‘IF’ Bulls get promoted this year would that make up for the 9th place finish Bulls had last year?
Or even in that situation will we have to wait for the 9th place to come off?"

His answer:
"Of course it does! God bless you whoever wrote that question, but what a silly question! Of course it does! If Bradford won the million pound game on the field, would anybody remember last year's 9th-placed finish?
I wouldn't". (followed by lots of patronising chuckling).

The bad news for him is that IMG's points-scoring system will remember. That 9th-placed finish from 2022 will count towards Bradford's overall IMG regular season league ranking score, because it will still be in the last 3 seasons (2022, 2023 and 2024) when the first live rankings come into effect at the end of next season. I kind of feel for all the Bradford fans who have been misled by his answer.

Of course it might not matter, as the scoring system elsewhere is very much in their favour, but it needed putting straight.
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

That won't happen BO  I think all FEV fans know the difficulties of putting together a competitive team as long as we beat C^$ or wakey home  and away  for local bragging rights that will do  The main thing is we will get that monkey off our back 

"NEVER BEEN IN SUPER LEAGUE "

:kolobok_grin::kolobok_grin::kolobok_grin:

• Like 4

7 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

True. Everything is in the lap of Super Leagues right hand man known better as IMG. That particular body was brought in to try and make the game more glamorous to wannabe new audiences. At the moment they are just dividing the sport even more if that's possible by convoluted measures. Tied up once again with SKY at reduced rates. No mention of trying to get rest of the sport like the championship on terrestrial TV for example. As you say it could drive fans away but at the same time keeping the top teams more comfortable.

That is exactly their intention, aim and no doubt instruction❗

• Like 2

8 hours ago, POR said:

That won't happen BO  I think all FEV fans know the difficulties of putting together a competitive team as long as we beat C^$ or wakey home  and away  for local bragging rights that will do  The main thing is we will get that monkey off our back 

"NEVER BEEN IN SUPER LEAGUE "

:kolobok_grin::kolobok_grin::kolobok_grin:

I really hope that Fev get promoted this season ,because they have deserved it,Not only this season,but previous efforts.

However if their only ambition is to beat Wakefield and Castleford,then maybe I've got it wrong and I apologise.

9 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

I really hope that Fev get promoted this season ,because they have deserved it,Not only this season,but previous efforts.

However if their only ambition is to beat Wakefield and Castleford,then maybe I've got it wrong and I apologise.

I'm sure that is not our only ambition, but we've been out of the top flight for so long and not played against either of our nearest and dearest for years that I'm certain that they will be the first fixtures we look for if we get promotion. 

• Like 2

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

12 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

That was just said tounge in cheek i should imagine.

13 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

You clearly know nothing about FEV fans G we all want to win every game and that won't change if we get into SL  BUT if we beat C%$ in SL home and away or Wakey home and away  next year in the championship BOTH will  put icing on the cake