Match thread: Championship Round 26. Toulouse v Featherstone Rovers. Saturday 16th September 2023.

marklaspalmas

Would certainly be nice to win today, but I think it might be wrong to read too much into the result. Their best 3 players from when we played them at Fev won't be playing today (Ralph, Peyroux, Jussaume) and by all accounts at least 2 of those are ready to play. Sounds like Ashall-Bott is also back in training but he might have a job on unseating recent signing Santo who has looked electric with ball in hand.

I doubt we'll be fielding our likely play-off team either, so whilst this will be an interesting game it probably won't be one to draw firm conclusions from.

6 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Interesting that Hau is only 18th man, perhaps suggests Ford is going to stick with the experience of Day.

Got to honest PH I too have Brad in my backrow for the playoffs but Arama's on the bench not 18th man

53 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Thought we would win this one although my mystic Meg prediction was out.I predicted a win by 14 points.One thing i didn't understand was at half time  the bookies had us odds on to win at 8/11 Toulouse could be backed at 11/10.

Thats because toulouse really only had a 10 min period at the end of the first half where they were on par with us for me - aside from that I thought we outplayed them and its a richly deserved victory

To nil them in the second half and go over there and win, the only team to go over there & win all season is a big statement considering the play offs are round the corner, massive psychological boost for us

• Like 5

Cracking atmos in the clubhouse for this game.

I dislike MOM nomination. We win or lose as a team. However....

Best performance in a fev shirt from lacans.... though I suspect playing along side fordy helped that along.

Some sublime handling from Ford.

Locky, Day, we're excellent and Smithy had his best spell yet in that second half.

Hally had his best game this year imo.

A great Effort from Hanks and though Gaz had a nightmare first half he regained his composure for the second half.

I could work my way through every player. They did their jobs well.

The first game this season I've been wholly happy with the performance. Cut out the first half mistakes and totally controlled that second half.

Fordy now has some selection headaches

Edited by Robin Evans
  • Like 4