Castleford stadium.

6 hours ago, Morris Wanchuk said:

On top of that IIRC ‘Tricky’ Dicky Wright attended the PI for the original hearing for Newmarket saying Trinity didn’t need a new ground they could come & share with us. 

Remember it well, he made a deliberate attempt to stop the Newmarket development. I still have a copy of his letter somewhere

• Like 1

22 hours ago, dboy said:

They're not frozen or they don't have 3 legs?

Joking aside, it makes sense of the rumours of the family wanting their money out.

The Fulton's in my local village is now a funeral parlour.

Read into that what you will.

Jack Fulton was the big Cas supporter. The rest of the family less so and his son doesn’t appear willing to continue to invest. 

Fulton’s value in the business was that they owned the freehold on most of their property 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, wasginger said:

It's time to put Castleford out of it's misery and it's promises. Enough is enough. Goodbye.

As a Trinity fan & I posted earlier that what goes around comes around with regard to the ongoing stadium saga, I hate this IMG stuff & SL would be weaker without the likes of Cas.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Lets be honest Cas and Wakey should have never been allowed into Super League with them dump of grounds, until they were upgraded or had new stadiums

As a Wakefield fan. I have 100% come round to this way of thinking, and completely agree with what you say!

Bye bye Cas.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Still think the new stand at Belle Vue will never happen? 

22 minutes ago, dboy said:

I'll believe it when I see it!

Oh...

12 minutes ago, Leonard said:

One new stand feels a bit like putting a boob job on the elephant man. 

I do think the next part of the IMG plan after 2024 will be the standard of grounds, and unless Cas, Wakey and even Bradford get their acts together as regards bringing their grounds up to a decent standard they won't get into Super League in the future

19 minutes ago, Leonard said:

One new stand feels a bit like putting a boob job on the elephant man. 

Its not though is it, Wakey will have 3 sides of a ground that are suitable, 1 will almost wholly be devoted to corporate and 1 standing terrace. The wholly new stand will be an excellent facility that allows the club to tick a lot more boxes. 

From a Wakey perspective, what needs doing to the West side of Belle Vue is a conundrum as its not a huge footprint but needs to modernise its broadcast friendly suitability. Whether they do just that then the rest of the stand later, or do the whole thing in the next decade will be interesting with the new owner.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

I do think the next part of the IMG plan after 2024 will be the standard of grounds, and unless Cas, Wakey and even Bradford get their acts together as regards bringing their grounds up to a decent standard they won't get into Super League in the future

Nothing about their approach suggests that. They're not interested in micromanaging the state of each ground, they just want to ensure that the facilities for broadcasting, social media, sponsors and executives are up to snuff, as those are the channels through which they're going to try and drive up revenues.

Providing the rest of the ground is a/ safe and b/ has a minimum capacity for a sustainable Superleague team, then they're not too fussed and the existing minimum standards take care of that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

Nothing about their approach suggests that. They're not interested in micromanaging the state of each ground, they just want to ensure that the facilities for broadcasting, social media, sponsors and executives are up to snuff, as those are the channels through which they're going to try and drive up revenues.

Providing the rest of the ground is a/ safe and b/ has a minimum capacity for a sustainable Superleague team, then they're not too fussed and the existing minimum standards take care of that.

Not now, but I'm sure it will come into play in the future.

Would you take any possible future Rugby League sponsor to a game at Wakey, Cas, of Bradford with the state of their grounds?

1 minute ago, The Future is League said:

Would you take any possible future Rugby League sponsor to a game at Wakey, Cas, of Bradford with the state of their grounds?

If the corporate facilities are up to scratch as per the gradings then yes?

8 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Its not though is it, Wakey will have 3 sides of a ground that are suitable, 1 will almost wholly be devoted to corporate and 1 standing terrace. The wholly new stand will be an excellent facility that allows the club to tick a lot more boxes. 

From a Wakey perspective, what needs doing to the West side of Belle Vue is a conundrum as its not a huge footprint but needs to modernise its broadcast friendly suitability. Whether they do just that then the rest of the stand later, or do the whole thing in the next decade will be interesting with the new owner.

It's still feeble really. If that attains a grade A then that says a lot imho.

Basically that is ranked as top class by the suits. 

3 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Apparently you would now. With 200 dedicated seats. 

The facilities will still be bang average against any metric in any sport other than RL, but will be a Grade A. 

1 minute ago, Leonard said:

It's still feeble really. If that attains a grade A then that says a lot imho.

Basically that is ranked as top class by the suits. 

The individual levels aren't graded A B or C.

RL Commercial are focused on selling the sport to the top brass, its suits selling to suits - both in person and on TV. The facilities that allow a club and therefore the league to do that are exactly what they are prioritising.

And even then, the main standing terrace at Belle Vue has been upgraded as part of the renovations too.

5 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

If the corporate facilities are up to scratch as per the gradings then yes?

well I would not take my customers to the 3 mentioned. Hopefully Wakey new facilities will be better than previous.

Cas in their PR say they got the tick for corporate, but honestly it is very poor and surprising to me.  Bradfords is poor too but don't know if they got the tick, but lots better than Cas even if at Bradford corporate you sit outside in the rain (most seats anyway)... when its raining of course.

Edited by redjonn

3 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Wakey and Bradford, yes. They'll be very comfortable and looked after in the existing/new executive facilities. They won't be on the terraces.

Cas? Not yet. They need to get the work done or they're in trouble.

If they do get the work done, then definitely. A rocking Jungle atmosphere combined with brand new executive facilities will be one of the best experiences in rugby league.

• Like 1

Just now, redjonn said:

well I would not take my customers to the 3 mentioned. Hopefully Wakey new facilities will be better than previous.

Cas in their PR say they got the tick for corporate, but honestly it is very poor and surprising to me.  Bradfords is poor too but don't know if they got the tick, but ots better than Cas even if at Bradford corporate you sit outside in the rain (most seats anyway)... when its raining of course.

Exactly, if they are, then fine. If they are an embarrassment then no.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

Only if enforced, which they clearly aren't 

5 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Yet

They've been in place for years, there have been threats to enforce them and still....... If the game was going to be serious about those standards, clubs who don't meet them would be excluded from SL from the off in 2025.

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

They've been in place for years, there have been threats to enforce them and still....... If the game was going to be serious about the IMG gradings, clubs who don't meet those standards would have been excluded from SL from the off.

There's a very real chance that Cas, the only club who currently are in that seem to fail from the outside on these standards, could be out when the Gradings actually apply.

• Like 2