WORKINGTON TOWN RLFC 2024

WTRLFC WEBSITE

16 hours ago, Derwent Parker said:

They are there.

when you click on the 3 lines top RH corner - which opens the other pages squad etc, the FB an twitter logos are right below Hall of Fame

Ah you're right completely missed it. Still ,maybe a text link ie "FB Workington Town RLFC News and Updates" instead of just FB logo might be more useful?

It's just a bit of wind & rain, it would never have been called off back in the day but not so sure nowadays. 

At least if it's cold the jameaters might keep their hands in their own pockets!

• Like 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

48 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

It's just a bit of wind & rain, it would never have been called off back in the day but not so sure nowadays. 

At least if it's cold the jameaters might keep their hands in their own pockets!

It's more the freezing ground than the wind and rain 🤔

17 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

It's more the freezing ground than the wind and rain 🤔

Potentially 60mph winds and heavy rain sounds a bit more than “just a bit of wind & rain” to me??

would it not be better to rearrange and get a decent crowd rather than the hardy few watching one side kicking the ball down field to force an error while the other side trying to make ground into driving rain and 60 mph wind, or watching for the roof blowing off the stand??
Just remember what one side does in the first half the other side will do in the 2nd half ( sorry didn’t mean to give away havens game plan)

Edited by Seaton Lad
  • Confused 1

Is any of the derwent park pitch on the shade during winter months . I know the grandstand side at the recre gets next to no sun this time of year.  On about the pitch thawing out

Edited by donald

6 hours ago, Seaton Lad said:

Potentially 60mph winds and heavy rain sounds a bit more than “just a bit of wind & rain” to me??

would it not be better to rearrange and get a decent crowd rather than the hardy few watching one side kicking the ball down field to force an error while the other side trying to make ground into driving rain and 60 mph wind, or watching for the roof blowing off the stand??
Just remember what one side does in the first half the other side will do in the 2nd half ( sorry didn’t mean to give away havens game plan)

Since when as the weather forecast been correct - probably sunny?

But if cancelled playing during summer on a challenge cup week [after we both out] would be better

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Derwent Parker said:

no we need as many games as possible in this ###### league.

As you may fin out net year? lol

I think there will be a new structure next year once the RFL finally see's that league 1 doesn't work with how it is this year. Hopefully not to the detriment of any clubs. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, TOWN TILL I DIE said:

Looking at the squad on the RFL site if thats correct some surprises in it & some notable left out

Think it only lets you put 21 on that site so Thompson and Walker have probably just been missed off

15 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

I think there will be a new structure next year once the RFL finally see's that league 1 doesn't work with how it is this year. Hopefully not to the detriment of any clubs. 

Well CH dont want one big league and one suggestion before this years fixtures came out was Ch and L1 back to 1 x 12 and 1 x 11

So that could mean 4 teams coming down - because Promotion [2 up]  already planned for this year?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Derwent Parker said:

no we need as many games as possible in this ###### league.

As you may fin out net year? lol

100% agreed 

• Like 2

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

So it's postponed. Gutted, as I've been looking forward to it for weeks. But I understand the reasons. Reds is on today, might be have to give it a shot.....

• Like 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!