Wakeys new owner speaks

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Finally complete. Its taken its time. Hoping for a brighter future, the new owner is a million miles away from the doom and gloom of Michael Carter and has big ambitions. 

Wakefield had a lot of potential. Big RL area with a decent sized population and a lot of history. Hope they can realise their ambitions. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Finally complete. Its taken its time. Hoping for a brighter future, the new owner is a million miles away from the doom and gloom of Michael Carter and has big ambitions. 

Big ambitions work if you have the money to fulfil on your words. Carter was pragmatic, but the club needed that.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

I have been waiting months for this day. Great write up on the front page of this web site too.

Yes you are also correct, so refreshing after 'doom and gloom' mentality

10 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Big ambitions work if you have the money to fulfil on your words. Carter was pragmatic, but the club needed that.

Appreciate MC was pragmatic, and when he joined we did need it, but the last five seasons have been a death by 1000 cuts, with us progressively getting worse and worse with nothing to look forward to. 

Now that has changed, a guy with some cash who's willing to spend it to get us competitive. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

wasting no time in announcing DP as coach as applegarth and long depart 

Wouldn’t announce DP In my spare room lol. He doesn’t know which Calder club to marry lol. Least we know wakey won’t win GF he’s a worse record than fev in finals lol. 

Edited by Rovers13

4 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

Wouldn’t announce DP In my spare room lol. He doesn’t know which Calder club to marry lol. Least we know wakey won’t win GF he’s a worse record than fev in finals lol. 

Nah   Its third time lucky, he has found the best of the three clubs at last

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Nah   Its third time lucky, he has found the best of the three clubs at last

I’ve never rated him tbh he’s ok with average players he gets anyone good he’s clueless. On the plus side at least we get to boo him lol. 

Edited by Rovers13

3 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Correct, let's be realistic we are down in the championship and talent will be hard to recruit. Tough job ahead

Not sure if on field will matter too much tbh, but until gradings come out we won’t know. And only you and Toulouse will be full time so shouldn’t be hard to recruit. 

Edited by Rovers13

3 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

Not really if they’re loaded they can do a Leigh and do it properly. 

Leigh didn't exactly get a team of superstars. Powell did a great job at Cas with a similar calibre of player to those at Leigh. He's a good appointment I feel for where Wakefield are now. In a couple of years they can then evaluate again.

• Like 1

Just now, Damien said:

Leigh didn't exactly get a team of superstars. Powell did a great job at Cas with a similar calibre of player to those at Leigh. He's a good appointment I feel for where Wakefield are now. In a couple of years they can then evaluate again.

Leigh had a right side in champ they kept majority of them won a CC and finished 5th or 4th can’t remember. 

15 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

Leigh had a right side in champ they kept majority of them won a CC and finished 5th or 4th can’t remember. 

I know but not much different than Cas under Powell. That was the point. Wakefield aren't going to be signing anyone better than these kinds of players for the foreseeable, no matter how much money they've got.

Edited by Damien

1 minute ago, Damien said:

I know but not much different than Cas under Powell. That was the point. Wakefield aren't going to be signing anyone better than these kinds of players for tge foreseeable, no matter how much money they've got.

Yeah get your point, they won’t sign a Lachlan lam lol. 

1 minute ago, Damien said:

I know but not much different than Cas under Powell. That was the point. Wakefield aren't going to be signing anyone better than these kinds of players for tge foreseeable, no matter how much money they've got.

Correct, also let's not forget the practicalities, the availability of talent is scarce as majority have contracts. You can have plenty of money it's availability of quality that is the issue

1 minute ago, Agbrigg said:

Correct, also let's not forget the practicalities, the availability of talent is scarce as majority have contracts. You can have plenty of money it's availability of quality that is the issue

We will beat you as a welcome present to champ😉🤣

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

I wanted c@s down but for different reasons obviously but we still kind of get a derby just a friendly one lol. 

Edited by Rovers13
  • Like 2