RogerT

We're clearly in no hurry....means we're sifting amongst the bottom layer. Definitely need a half-back like Jimmy who takes the defence on, still no pace injection, I know of a few who are considering finding other entertainment on Sunday afternoons if the 'poor tale' continues. We come to the concerts, pay War Chest, pay into BISSA, fill the back beer garden at matches, support Ron's Lounge bar, buy grub, sponsor players in some instances, how much more can fans contribute to the club before we see the board looking upward for players? Has the 10er in worked or not? I'd suggest no, not really if we're signing downward. Are we calling in the offers of sponsors to cover any loss? Have we ANY tricks up our sleeves? Are we planning to go top 6 against odds or planning on avoiding bottom 2? Yeah, I know, here he goes again for another year, but anyone who's not asking questions on the why and what seem deliriously happy.

can we not wait till all signings are announced before we make any judgement , Phildog you keep harking on about finances, do you know how much it costs to run the club as in tax , utility bills , essential maintenance etc before paying players contracts and match payments or do you want BOD to do a Newcastle and spend money that's not there and then have no club to support, yes would love to see big name signings playing for the club , but even that doesn't guarantee success just ask Fev supporters who fell at 2nd to last fence in trying to reach the so called golden land of SL

• Like 1

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

I am sorry Phildog, however, I fail to see any valid reasoning within your comment. How do you know the club are not chasing high calibre players? Are you on the board of directors or one of those who claims to be 'in the know'? In an interview by Mokko, he confirmed retentions as well as new signings have already been made, though are yet to be announced. This puts your comment about always being the last and scraping the bottom of the barrel, to an end.

Everyone thought Luke Hooley was a flop upon signing, and how did that turn out? In reference to the new signing, Joe Burton, he has not even stepped one foot on the pitch and yet you are making a statement on the 'lack of quality'. Give all the players a chance to prove what they can bring. Can I also point out that Joe Burton was a nominee for young player of the year for League One, so he must have some quality!

Mokko has been an assistant coach with us long enough to understand the type of players Batley represent, as well as bringing further in-game knowledge from being assistant at Wales. Unless, you have superior qualifications to judge him? Which I am assuming is not the case.

I respect that you put a more than fair share into supporting the club, as do other fans. However, those who wish to seek entertainment elsewhere, that is their prerogative. These past few seasons we have been on an upwards trajectory in relation to league finishes, reaching the play offs as well as the Wembley final. I beg to differ that they will find better entertainment elsewhere.

In my opinion, I think the £10 in has worked. I have seen more people attending games, especially some fans I have not seen in a while. The Bulldogs are constantly on the search for new sponsors, as seen by the welcomed sponsorship of Status!

Why not wait until all the signings have been made clear, and we are a fair few games into the season before passing any form of judgement? Let's not be a negative Nancy!

Up the doggies!

Edited by TheBossDog
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, phildog said:

We're clearly in no hurry....means we're sifting amongst the bottom layer. Definitely need a half-back like Jimmy who takes the defence on, still no pace injection, I know of a few who are considering finding other entertainment on Sunday afternoons if the 'poor tale' continues. We come to the concerts, pay War Chest, pay into BISSA, fill the back beer garden at matches, support Ron's Lounge bar, buy grub, sponsor players in some instances, how much more can fans contribute to the club before we see the board looking upward for players? Has the 10er in worked or not? I'd suggest no, not really if we're signing downward. Are we calling in the offers of sponsors to cover any loss? Have we ANY tricks up our sleeves? Are we planning to go top 6 against odds or planning on avoiding bottom 2? Yeah, I know, here he goes again for another year, but anyone who's not asking questions on the why and what seem deliriously happy.

You imply that we haven't made any signings just because you haven't heard of them or because they haven't been announced - l don't think this is the case.

You imply that by not asking questions we are all deliriously happy - really? Quite the assumption.

'Signing downward' - What does that even mean? If you mean signing from below us l would offer

Alex Walmesley, Dave Scott, James Brown, Leak amongst others. 

I do agree that it would have been good to have known how the £10 entrance had worked out. As a season ticket holder l had a vested interest in it.

No criticism of you personally Phildog by the way, l do enjoy your posts!!

2 minutes ago, toffeedog said:

I believe there be no major signings this season be keeping anyone who wants to stay   as loyalty is and always counts at batley but someone should ask some players to have a good hard think if they can continue on another season on the slope 

Could l ask what you mean by Major signing?

7 hours ago, toffeedog said:

I believe there be no major signings this season be keeping anyone who wants to stay   as loyalty is and always counts at batley but someone should ask some players to have a good hard think if they can continue on another season on the slope 

Patience I’d say ! They know how it works 

I’ve a good feeling you may be wrong 🤞

• Like 2

I think the tenner in worked.

Is it true they are levelling the ground, building the rest of the long stand and more food outlets and toilets all to make the B grade.

Also it looked like the attendances where up.

3 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Not sure how any of that would gain you points?

and on a bad day it would be 9 foot deep in mud at the bottom end.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

10 minutes ago, RPH said:

and on a bad day it would be 9 foot deep in mud at the bottom end.

Not if you excavate the top end instead.

• Haha 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.