RogerT

On 31/10/2023 at 16:04, phildog said:

No, I've heard nothing on Woods Rog.

Just for clarification. Josh Woods hasn't been announced as he was a 2yr signing with the help of BISSA last season,  this year BISSA have also helped with Josh Rourke so far.

Edited by BISSA...
  • Like 2

"Keep The Faith Tee Shirts now available from BISSA"

Spread & Save please hand your jars or any other container in on match days

Sponsored by Londis, Bradford Road Liversedge

Visit the BISSA Online Shop to purchase DVDs, books and event tickets

here

BISSA website

http://www.bissa.co.uk/

image1 (1).JPG

18 hours ago, phildog said:

Now, one man extremely important to the club over the last 3 years has Bern poached. Paul Royston has left the club to go to Keighley. Another gap to fill.

PhilDog, get off their case FFS. Did you not read Kev's post prior to writing this.? 

As always I thank Jev for his input. Can't see that mentioning that Paul has moved to Keighley is getting on anybody's case!

One question though Kev; you mentioned when introducing the £10 entry that certain sponsors were guaranteeing a loss of upto £30k. Then in your piece on here you said that the board were busy attempting to recoup a loss of £30k. Is that above the £30k guaranteed? It would be deeply concerning if we were £60k down, I and others hope that you simply didn't explain yourself clearly.

Il Cattivo....bottom 2 and below.

On 31/10/2023 at 12:43, distantdog said:

Never impressed by Maher. If he wasn't good enough for Halifax, perhaps not good enough for us.

He played a few games for the Rams on loan last year. Sound enough but wouldn't make any waves in the Championship.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 31/10/2023 at 15:55, Batley Bob said:

Squad announced so far 

1 . Josh Rourke
2 .
3 . Buchanan
4 . Burton
5 . 
6 .
7 . 
8 . Gledhill
9 . Burton/leak
10. Cooper
11. Manning
12. Flynn

Looks like boxing day will be 9 a side with 2 substitutions 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, toffeedog said:

Everyone who left fev was on good money so won't want to drop too much money

Yes you are correct !

However , these are the players that "bottled it" when it came to the crunch two years in succession !! To my mind that means they are not worth the money they were on at Featherstone !!!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, nineoil said:

Yes you are correct !

However , these are the players that "bottled it" when it came to the crunch two years in succession !! To my mind that means they are not worth the money they were on at Featherstone !!!

I think they showed over multiple championship seasons that they were worth it. Can't really judge them on a one off play off game where anything can happen. 

38 minutes ago, LINNERS said:

I think they showed over multiple championship seasons that they were worth it. Can't really judge them on a one off play off game where anything can happen. 

Of course you can judge them especially when it is twice in a row and at home on both occasions ! When it came to the BIG game on both occasions they failed themselves big time , they failed their supporters , they failed their employers . Clearly their collective problem was under-estimating the opposition ( I recall they under-estimated Batley 3 times in the season before last ). To lose a home semi final against Batley is a "one-off" but to repeat the dose against London is very careless from more or less the same squad - so YEAH people can judge them !! 

Had they been worth  the money they would have learned from their mistakes from the first loss (against us) but clearly did not . You can bet your last Pound that most of these 16/17 Featherstone players who have been "moved on" were on  more money than most of Batley's squad . Expecting the same money at another club , having failed in successive seasons , is unrealistic especially for those players at the older end !!

Finally , the mere fact that Featherstone having released these 16/17 players clearly demonstrates that Featherstone's Bosses " have sat down and judged them !!! You can bet your life on that !

A lot of these players could be worth a place in our squad BUT at realistic money . You can bet that Batley's BOD will know their worth so that any discarded Featherstone players should be disabused of any ideas that they can squeeze out an inflated payday at the Bulldogs . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nineoil said:

Yes you are correct !

Unless you know how much they were on,it's difficult to say whether they were worth it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Put it this way they wernt playing for nowt!

Must have been decent money as for some it was their primary (in some cases only) income. Don't see the likes of Ford, Hankinson, Kherreiliah, Leilua, Taylor plus all the SL loanees being on part-time money.

42 minutes ago, toffeedog said:

Have.oldam now become Featherstone? Impressive signings they made . Yet no matter how great a season we have we never linked with these type of signings . It puzzles me is  it money or just not.intresed.in coming. 

For me Oldham have been reckless in their recruitment, total overkill 

What is there 9 home games, and they'll never break even on any of them. 

I understand they want out of league 1

But their trying to open a can of beans..... With a Tiger Tank🤔