Presser at Headingley

20 hours ago, M j M said:

The successful operation of the stadium requires goodwill and co-operation from both parties. eg the hotel is on Yorkshire land but Leeds run it whilst the two clubs constantly use bar and entertainment facilities and enjoy rights of access on the other party's land etc. 

I'm sure it's covered by legal agreements and it has worked very well for long time now. But until now everyone has been working in good faith.  Who knows what moves a d***head like Ashley could try and pull that would undermine all that.

So I'd say keeping him out of Headingley altogether is of vital importance to Leeds. If they can find a way that offers Yorkshire an alternative I'm sure they'll have tried to facilitate something.

Ashley is a well known.....

However just avoiding him won't be enough. Plenty of other financiers out there will try and do the same things 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

25 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

So Leeds have a major new sponsorship and they've spaffed it on a big transfer fee for Brodie Croft.

Smart move by Salford to sign him on such a long deal. 

Let's wait and see 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Just now, Tommygilf said:

That could have been a press release frankly

I imagine it was part of the deal with AMT that AMT wanted a proper press conference launch.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, gingerjon said:

I imagine it was part of the deal with AMT that AMT wanted a proper press conference launch.

Yeah I would bet, and he's been made a non-executive director too (incidentally he is also sponsoring LUFC shirts this season too, must be in a good mood!)

59 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

That could have been a press release frankly

well yep, it seemed quite amateurish to me...  the company's as in AMT marketing department must be almost non existent to have such a press conference.  Nor Leeds marketing...

It sought of typified the whole of RL with respect to marketing your brand...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, redjonn said:

well yep, it seemed quite amateurish to me...  the company's as in AMT marketing department must be almost non existent to have such a press conference.  Nor Leeds marketing...

If they did a press release there'd be people on here saying 'why didn't they do a press conference? We have to market our game properly'

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, redjonn said:

It’s done it’s job, there wouldn’t have been journalists talking about it or a thread on here if it was just a press release.

Had you heard of AMT before Today?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

It’s done it’s job, there wouldn’t have been journalists talking about it or a thread on here if it was just a press release.

Personally I don't think it matters too much. If the club wishes to do a press conference and see a benefit to the club and sponsor that's fine. I don't see the harm particularly.

However we do certainly get both of the things you mention with press releases too.

6 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I wasn't suggesting not doing a press conference - that was a fine idea.  It was the whole presentation of it.   No marketing organisation would have had just that as a well executed marketing opportunity.

11 minutes ago, OnStrike said:

If they did a press release there'd be people on here saying 'why didn't they do a press conference? We have to market our game properly'

I wasn't saying don't do a press conference. If your going to do a press conference well do it good. especially the business AMT, surely they would have liked to have promoted their brand more professionally.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

nope never... and I still don't know what precisely they do.  Of course it may or may not of prompted me to google search.

I guess their marketing organisation will be monitoring any immediate uptick in web visits and enquires for their services following the press conf to see if it was a successful marketing opportunity.

4 minutes ago, redjonn said:

nope never... and I still don't know what precisely they do.  Of course it may or may not of prompted me to google search.

I guess their marketing organisation will be monitoring any immediate uptick in web visits and enquires for their services following the press conf to see if it was a successful marketing opportunity.

They do car leasing. Similar but less business-focussed it seems than Leeds' other sponsor Global.

6 minutes ago, redjonn said:

I think seeing as though its a 15 year deal they might be measuring a bit more than whether this press conference was a success. And have a few more marketing campaigns in the pipeline 

I do think it's odd that they didn't have at least some AMT branding up there.

The sponsorship deal all in is worth at least £6m by all accounts so a record total for Leeds, more than the 10 year £2.9m Tetley's deal from the mid-1990s.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, M j M said:

I do think it's odd that they didn't have at least some AMT branding up there.

The sponsorship deal all in is worth at least £6m by all accounts so a record total for Leeds, more than the 10 year £2.9m Tetley's deal from the mid-1990s.

I do agree with them having some branding there, not sure why they didn’t 

• Like 1