Toulouse or London

2 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

I totally agree with that too. But for sky to pay more money imo they need more paying subscribers. And yes you might get that with fuller stadiums but no guarantees either. But I totally agree empty stadiums looks terrible on tv. 

All the sport can do is make Super League as attractive as possible to viewers and ensure the actual game on the pitch is as good as it could possibly be. That should attract more subscribers and viewers and hopefully more money.

That to me requires more big clubs spending up to the cap and beyond with star marquee players and proper investment in their off field setups. We had a golden opportunity to do this with the bumper £40 million a year TV deal and blew it and have reaped the consequences ever since with poor decision after poor decision.

1 minute ago, Damien said:

All the sport can do is make Super League as attractive as possible to viewers and ensure the actual game on the pitch is as good as it could possibly be. That should attract more subscribers and viewers and hopefully more money.

That to me requires more big clubs spending up to the cap and beyond with star marquee players and proper investment in their off field setups. We had a golden opportunity to do this with the bumper £40 million a year TV deal and blew it and have reaped the consequences ever since with poor decision after poor decision.

This as been a big bug bearer of mine for years tbh. If you can’t spend full cap you shouldn’t be in SL imo. 

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

It's not just the amount of 'bums on seats' It's also about the demographic of those bums on seats and what that means to advertisers.

This is 100% correct.  Which is why the game HAS to expand out of the M62 if you ever except SKY to pay more, or another broadcaster to come in.

If your not Football right now you in trouble. Its not Just League struggling

10 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

Putting any team in SL won’t change the financial position like I’ve said only sky can do that. 

It's sort of chicken and egg. Do you think Sky would prefer to have the Champions League or the Zenith Data Trophy? (One for the older people there) 

The CL used to be the European Cup, which was in itself a reasonably big deal but since they have "put a few more teams in it" it has rocketed in terms of finance and public interest. So it definitely CAN make a difference what teams are in a competition. And many argued that the CL was not really a CL as some teams finished 3rd or 4th....but it doesn't seem to have harmed it at all. 

1 minute ago, The Masked Poster said:

It's sort of chicken and egg. Do you think Sky would prefer to have the Champions League or the Zenith Data Trophy? (One for the older people there) 

The CL used to be the European Cup, which was in itself a reasonably big deal but since they have "put a few more teams in it" it has rocketed in terms of finance and public interest. So it definitely CAN make a difference what teams are in a competition. And many argued that the CL was not really a CL as some teams finished 3rd or 4th....but it doesn't seem to have harmed it at all. 

I totally agree I’ve no answers tbh. If I did have I’d be with IMG 🤣🤣

Just now, The Masked Poster said:

I don't have the answers either but it's pretty apparent that something needs to change or UK RL risks becoming a sporting oddity before fading away at Pro Level. 

Things do need to change but I think internationals is where it’s at tbh not club level. You look at sports like union their international game is huge. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

Not really bothered, both deserved finalists so may the best team on the day win.

That's the problem with armchair fans.

🤣

30 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

The big problem we have as a sport too is we’re a tv filler for sky. They could drop us tomorrow for say darts golf snooker etc. we don’t hold sky down and have their hands tied, hence why we’re in a very dodgy situation because if sky do pull the plug god knows what will happen tbh. So we’re at the whim of a company who could just walk tomorrow which frightens me to death tbh. 

I agree with your comments regarding being worried for the future with Sky. I think that last friday's SF between Cats and Saints said it all.

Relegated to Sky Mix to give way for womens soccer on "Main Event" and presented on the cheap in a poor studio.

The future doesn't look so bright.

• Like 1

Of course the real answer always is and will be both with a 14 team division and 2 up 2 down - one automatically and one via playoffs.

Solves pretty much everything other than the SL clubs forking over a few quid they can't then p'ss up the wall on bad SH signings.

17 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

Things do need to change but I think internationals is where it’s at tbh not club level. You look at sports like union their international game is huge. 

If pro RU didn't exist in many countries, their international fame wouldn't be huge.  The former is a requirement for the latter to exist.

39 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

It's not just the amount of 'bums on seats' It's also about the demographic of those bums on seats and what that means to advertisers.

Absolutely. 10k C2, D and E vs 5000 A, B and C1 is a major difference yet many people don't seem to see this.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

If pro RU didn't exist in many countries, their international fame wouldn't be huge.  The former is a requirement for the latter to exist.

I totally agree I just think the international game as far more reach than the club level game that’s all. 

Just now, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I think I trust most clubs ....not Tolouse though 

TO be fair, the French side have T0 win, as they have TO(0) much Toulouse.

1 hour ago, Dovster said:

I agree with your comments regarding being worried for the future with Sky. I think that last friday's SF between Cats and Saints said it all.

Relegated to Sky Mix to give way for womens soccer on "Main Event" and presented on the cheap in a poor studio.

The future doesn't look so bright.

You do realise Sky Mix is available to more people than Sky Main Event?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leonard said:

Of course the real answer always is and will be both with a 14 team division and 2 up 2 down - one automatically and one via playoffs.

Solves pretty much everything other than the SL clubs forking over a few quid they can't then p'ss up the wall on bad SH signings.

You will probably find 2 teams being relegated and two teams being promoted will lead to a lot more dodgy overseas signings out of desperation.

5 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

You will probably find 2 teams being relegated and two teams being promoted will lead to a lot more dodgy overseas signings out of desperation.

Teams might not be as desperate if they know it is easier to get straight back.

13 minutes ago, Dovster said:

My point is in Sky's perception of RL.

Main Event = Womens Football

RL Semi-Final taking second place IMO.

They said before that the game's audience is stagnant (that's why they only offered 17 million £ a year initially), so why does this surprise you?

• Like 1