2024 Knights Squad

Gav Wilson

1 hour ago, yorkinoz said:

Why?

At the forum last month a friend of mine asked Clint if we'd signed Myler as he'd seen Clint walking out of a coffee shop with him at Vangard a few weeks before. Clint replied that he knew Gary Schofield but just because he might have a coffee with him doesn't mean he's signed him! As we remarked to each other afterwards, Clint didn't deny he'd signed Myler and sure enough, we got yesterday's brilliant announcement!!

P.S. I'm telling you all this because a good mate of mine for 60 years lives in Perth, in Kenwick, and he finds it tough to get to any forums as well!!😀

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Clarence Street said:

At the forum last month a friend of mine asked Clint if we'd signed Myler as he'd seen Clint walking out of a coffee shop with him at Vangard a few weeks before. Clint replied that he knew Gary Schofield but just because he might have a coffee with him doesn't mean he's signed him! As we remarked to each other afterwards, Clint didn't deny he'd signed Myler and sure enough, we got yesterday's brilliant announcement!!

P.S. I'm telling you all this because a good mate of mine for 60 years lives in Perth, in Kenwick, and he finds it tough to get to any forums as well!!😀

Thanks cobber.

Can’t wait for next season, some cracking squads being assembled in the Championship including the Knights, should make for some fantastic games which will hopefully bring more people through the turnstiles.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Expatknight said:

Apparently Alex Donaghy 22 yr old from the Thunder has signed for 2024

Third signing from Newcastle that was relegated from the championship ,can't remember any of 3 standing out against us last season.

14 minutes ago, Puk said:

Third signing from Newcastle that was relegated from the championship ,can't remember any of 3 standing out against us last season.

Don't remember Batchelor standing out against us when he was at Coventry either.

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

15 hours ago, Puk said:

Donaghy scored a cracker against us at the LNER , you may have been at the facilities 😇

• Like 3

20 hours ago, JonT said:

Maybe this will jog the memory 🤔 

Was a decent try,but i was pointing out that we have signed 3players from a team that finished bottom of the championship and hopefully Simon is right about Batchelor before he signed for us that nobody had heard of him,but how long ago was that.Squad starting to look lopsided with all the backs and half backs on the books and at the end of the day everyone has a opinion even if people sometimes disagree with yours.

1 hour ago, Puk said:

Was a decent try,but i was pointing out that we have signed 3players from a team that finished bottom of the championship and hopefully Simon is right about Batchelor before he signed for us that nobody had heard of him,but how long ago was that.Squad starting to look lopsided with all the backs and half backs on the books and at the end of the day everyone has a opinion even if people sometimes disagree with yours.

Hopefully playing with better players and in a better environment will enable the 3 lads from Newcastle to push on, from the few clips I've seen they all look like good larkers, and so far 27 signed on, at least 15-17 are forwards, or hybrids that can play anywhere, still think we need 2 big boppers though.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Puk said:

Hear what you are saying Puk. But the counter argument is that we are also recruiting from above our current standing with the announcement of Richie Myler. So it's a bit from bag A and a bit from bag B but hopefully Hendo had identified the mix he wants in his squad for 2024. 

In the past few seasons we have had players come in from Superleague teams who haven't performed as their reputation would have suggested. And on the other hand one of last years standouts for me was Conor Fitzsimmons who came from Whitehaven.

On balance, I'd rather we went with players who felt they had something to prove than those who have 'been there and done the lot'.

Still a few announcements to come yet i feel so hopefully a few more forwards as you are quite right that that is where we are looking a little thin in depth.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Frances Coggle, Jack Potter and Harvey Renolds are the latest signings

Going a bit off topic but these signings just made me think. We now have a lot of young development players and also local York lads. What happened to Newcastles academy?  Is it possible that the extra IMG points Clint said he had up his sleeve could be an Academy? When you look at the criteria we tick all the boxes. Depends what happens with Newcastle and pure speculation of course but it would make sense. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rich f said:

Going a bit off topic but these signings just made me think. We now have a lot of young development players and also local York lads. What happened to Newcastles academy?  Is it possible that the extra IMG points Clint said he had up his sleeve could be an Academy? When you look at the criteria we tick all the boxes. Depends what happens with Newcastle and pure speculation of course but it would make sense. 

There was talk (even before Newcastle's potential withdrawal came to light) of Leigh taking over Newcastle's academy - either alongside Newcastle or entirely on their own.

I like the fact we have signed these 3 young players they obviously showed potential at there super league clubs and rather than be thrown back to the amateur game or even lost to the game  are given a chance to develop.

Players take different time to develop and been around seasoned pros with our facilities can only benefit them and hopefully us, there is a pathway to the first team if your good enough such as AJ, Miles, Brad and Toby warren to Leeds by taking your time with some players you reap the rewards.

Very positive in my eyes looking to the future with the younger players.

• Like 3