England v Tonga series

4 minutes ago, crashmon said:

ON a positiive note the 1st Test looks like very few tickets left.... So hopefully the first test will look good

I hope you are right, a good first game with a good atmosphere will hopefully generate more interest in the following games

• Like 1

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

3 minutes ago, crashmon said:

ON a positiive note the 1st Test looks like very few tickets left.... So hopefully the first test will look good

There are a lot of tickets still available on the seating plan. 

Half the tickets in one standing end and a quarter in the other. Some of the seated sections have hardly sold any at all, just that they are only selling alternative rows so it looks like they are doing better than they are (still more than 40% availability, but the starting point was 50% availability).

When there is a struggle to sell tickets, it doesn't help to say they are selling well/nearly sold out. I have been to lots of games in the past where this has been said and seen huge blocks of empty seats.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, crashmon said:

You'd think a decent first test, the best advertising, will lead to a pick up for the 2nd.

Having just looked at tickets available for Huddersfield, I was actually surprised how many have been sold (assuming availability is based upon all seats and not just every other row and I have low expectations).

Looks like about all of the Lower Core Stand and well over half of the Chadwick. 

Ends a bit sparse - but to be expected.

I went to Tonga v Samoa there and the attendance was 10,409.

In an 18k stadium they should be looking to sell out - baseline of 15k you would think.

Having said that - I think they are selectively releasing seats. There are some in the back rows of Block 5 of the Core Stand that were not there when I booked last Sunday. The seats available then were sparse and I nearly had to book three in a block at the end of the stand - but found three together on halfway.

Just nipped into St helens, and whilst I was there out of curiosity I went to the stadium. 

Around the the ground, shop and ticket office there is virtually nothing telling you that there is an International game on Sunday. 

Thousands must visit the tesco superstore next door so maybe a single roll banner would show some effort. 

The only thing visable was a graphic on the reception doors. 

I not sure it will even break 10k IMO.

Shame as the Tickets are very reasonable. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, saintspete83 said:

Just nipped into St helens, and whilst I was there out of curiosity I went to the stadium. 

Around the the ground, shop and ticket office there is virtually nothing telling you that there is an International game on Sunday. 

Thousands must visit the tesco superstore next door so maybe a single roll banner would show some effort. 

The only thing visable was a graphic on the reception doors. 

I not sure it will even break 10k IMO.

Shame as the Tickets are very reasonable. 

To do roughly the same as the France game at Warrington would be impressive.

9 minutes ago, saintspete83 said:

Breaks me this.

Any offers to amateur clubs in the area? Any tickets being sold by the professional/semi-professional clubs in the NW and Cumbria? Tonnes of ways things can be pushed cheaply through already existing channels and pathways. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leonard said:

I went to Tonga v Samoa there and the attendance was 10,409.

In an 18k stadium they should be looking to sell out - baseline of 15k you would think.

I've long since said we should clear 15k for each of these games. Sales are clearly sluggish for St Helens, and many areas facing the cameras are still only alternate rows for sale (so claims of x% remaining is BS). 

But, hopefully the squad announcement will bring it into focus and encourage people to buy tickets. 

55 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Breaks me this.

Any offers to amateur clubs in the area? Any tickets being sold by the professional/semi-professional clubs in the NW and Cumbria? Tonnes of ways things can be pushed cheaply through already existing channels and pathways. 

The promotion so far is limited to owned channels. The social media is on their own accounts, I haven't seen much of anything else. 

I live in Newton-le-Willows, very much part of the St Helens RL catchment area, and there is nothing - my daughter is at school in the town, nothing - my wife is on the board of a local Community Centre - nothing. This is the kind of engagement that should be happening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

whatever reasons that you care to put forward these other sports (and I exclude football which is in a category of it's own) have loads of media coverage for days and weeks before their events. This doesn't just happen and cannot be generated in a week, nor even a year. The sport itself needs to create a much higher profile in order to get people's attention and, whilst social media does play a part in this, mainstream media still carries a lot of weight.

I totally get what your saying but its a poor excuse for a sport which is probably in the top 10 in the UK for popularity and participation.

There's always an excuse when it comes to RL management, the IMG deal always sounded to me like the final roll of the dice, as a major UK sport we should be able to employ our own experts within those fields of marketing and advertising to promote the sport, and if the right people are employed they would pay for themselves 10 times over.

Everything has a 'stop gap' feel about it and its always a 'fall back' to the 'safe' option rather than showing a bit or imagination

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

The promotion so far is limited to owned channels. The social media is on their own accounts, I haven't seen much of anything else. 

I live in Newton-le-Willows, very much part of the St Helens RL catchment area, and there is nothing - my daughter is at school in the town, nothing - my wife is on the board of a local Community Centre - nothing. This is the kind of engagement that should be happening.

Newton-le-Willows eh you’re virtually a Saints fan now. I expect you’ll have the little return of the Saint stickman on the back of your car soon. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Leonard said:

No doubt with a half and half saints/wire scarf

😉

my 7 year old daughter takes great pleasure in telling me she's supporting Saints whenever they are on TV. A small part of me dies every time...

Hopefully the adoption papers will be processed soon enough though.

• Haha 2

Just now, Dave T said:

my 7 year old daughter takes great pleasure in telling me she's supporting Saints whenever they are on TV. A small part of me dies every time...

I blame the parents 🤣

Talking of downsides - the other half has said she is up for Broncos games next season. So that's every other weekend ruined.

22 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I think I was a Warrington fan for a week when I was 5 - not sure if I should have stuck it out 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GeordieSaint said:

Breaks me this.

Yes, there are some excellent group offers for individual games. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Leonard said:

I blame the parents 🤣

Talking of downsides - the other half has said she is up for Broncos games next season. So that's every other weekend ruined.

Don't worry

From mid May to end of July the stadium is closed, so your summers are safe,  I don;t think Wimbledon are going to change the pitch relaying times just because we are in SL now

31 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Wouldn’t happen in my house never mind mentioning the word if they wear yellow they sit in garden not allowed in house lol. Not too fussed on orange as their fake colours lol. 

Edited by Rovers13

15 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

Wouldn’t happen in my house never mind mentioning the word if they wear yellow they sit in garden not allowed in house lol. Not too fussed on orange as their fake colours lol. 

She's a little troll who loves winding me up, but I know she's a Wire really 😆

Although some would argue that if I really loved her I'd cut her free of the Wire legacy 🤣

• Like 1

Well, partly due to the discussions on here and the squad announcement getting me more in the mood for it, I decided to buy tickets for me and the family.

Can't get the website to work properly. Maybe it's telling me something 🙈

• Confused 1