The IMG Gradings Thread - Post all your IMG Gradings related questions or comments here

2 minutes ago, Martyn Sadler said:

You are absolutely right. The split between team 12 and team 13 may be 0.25 points, which is surely within any margin of error, but the financial consequences could be catastrophic for the team ranked 13.

They should strive to get to a point where they can't be kicked out. That's the whole point. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Martyn Sadler said:

I would like to take your comments above and put them to the RFL for a response.

You are expressing views that I suspect are shared by a considerable number of supporters and the questions you raise should be addressed directly.

There was a press conference today but the RFL and the IMG representative skirted around the issues you raise, rather than addressing them directly.

Would you be happy for me to 'borrow' your post in an email to Tony Sutton?

Martyn, I would be happy to consider this although perhaps by framing my somewhat emotional 'rant' into an actual set of questions. Feel free to DM me, thanks.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

2 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

They should strive to get to a point where they can't be kicked out. That's the whole point. 

Just looking at the scores , I don't see any more A grades for a decade , do you ? , and who and how ? 

Just now, GUBRATS said:

Just looking at the scores , I don't see any more A grades for a decade , do you ? , and who and how ? 

Someone with vast wealth who were stupid enough to put money into a club even though there was no defined and sure way to get the club into the top division. In other words it wont happen. 

• Like 1

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

1 minute ago, Gav Wilson said:

Once they are kicked out they have to produce a business that earns more money and a club that attracts higher crowds in the Championship, than one in the Super League, a huge disadvantage.

When there is so little difference between the two clubs, forcing this huge difference in central income is unfair.

The vast majority of Super League clubs are there because they were promoted on the field, this new system effectively prevents promotion unless a Super League club goes bust.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Someone with vast wealth who were stupid enough to put money into a club even though there was no defined and sure way to get the club into the top division. In other words it wont happen. 

Or its much more likely to happen now the lottery of spending £1.5m on ex-SL/NRL players is no longer needed, and that investment can be put to something much more tangible instead?

• Haha 1

Just now, dboy said:

Has anyone managed to work out how Salford score so highly???

Decent on field, good ground but poor utilisation, low fan base, poor socials, poor financials, can't pay their rent...

How is this worked out?

Must have a phenomenal TV viewership. 

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

Salford and Huddersfield are bith less than 1.5 points off A status, they could make that up within your decade timeline

Salford are more likely to go down than up , The Giants just tread water , not happening 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

How do clubs recruit with P&R? 

So the stability of the clubs is no different to what it is now, and could that continue to be the same year in year out - it’s not a franchise system as I understand it so no “3 year” guarantee, indeed clubs could tick the boxes off the field, be completely sheiot on it and happy days 

And you could argue Wakey last  season and Cas next season are good examples of that 

Edited by ColD

Just now, Gav Wilson said:

Or its much more likely to happen now the lottery of spending £1.5m on ex-SL/NRL players is no longer needed, and that investment can be put to something much more tangible instead?

Whilst I'm not a huge fan of spending overs on players, at least its with a view of winning. Spending money 'on something more tangible instead' sounds like we're now just sacking off the sport and playing SIMS. 

• Like 4

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

As others may have pointed out the criteria have been out for months. Just some of placings seem completely wrong. Newcastle still placed at 18 despite withdrawing, North Wales bottom.

How low were London before they won promotion if only 24 now?

Population appears a strange criteria and for example London based on population of one borough so population (Merton) is only 230,000 within a city of 9.6million. Not that support comes from one area of the city or its surroundings. Suppose Cornwalls status comes from population of the county (586k).

London’s nearest club is now Midlands, so suppose at least HS2 will be of some use. 

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

Just now, MattSantos said:

Whilst I'm not a huge fan of spending overs on players, at least its with a view of winning. Spending money 'on something more tangible instead' sounds like we're now just sacking off the sport and playing SIMS. 

Building solid, sustainable clubs with robust business plans will enable to game to secure more investment, and ultimately provide a better sport on the pitch.

If we get 20 grade A's with a much improved TV deal and more eyeballs on the game, P&R can come back and IMG's job is done.

• Haha 1