The IMG Gradings Thread - Post all your IMG Gradings related questions or comments here

2 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

And so damage to clubs = damage to the sport. 

If we trust the scores have been done fairly then they can't lie. If Keighley aren't doing as well as they'd have us believe then it gives light to that. If you take the approach that bad scores damage the sport they may as well have given everyone an A and told the world that the sport is flying high.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

the clubs don't have the resources to make tangible improvements

Then they're going to need to find those resources.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, Colin James said:

If you take the approach that bad scores damage the sport they may as well have given everyone an A and told the world that the sport is flying high.

Exactly. It's been obvious for, probably, decades that many of the game's clubs are not in a healthy state. The grading lays that out pretty clearly.

It's notable that a fair number of people who pride themselves on being straight talkers would rather that had carried on being covered up.

• Like 4

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Looking at the ' League Table ' there isn't much there we didn't already know , and I doubt much will change , clubs just don't have the resources ( money ) to improve drastically 

You have wonder why we've bothered ? , now if IMG were to now start to work with the clubs on an individual basis , starting right at the bottom , I'd be Impressed , especially if they were able to come up with improvements that didn't cost a fortune , I somehow doubt it 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Looking at the ' League Table ' there isn't much there we didn't already know , and I doubt much will change , clubs just don't have the resources ( money ) to improve drastically 

You have wonder why we've bothered ? , now if IMG were to now start to work with the clubs on an individual basis , starting right at the bottom , I'd be Impressed , especially if they were able to come up with improvements that didn't cost a fortune , I somehow doubt it 

On a positive note, I've just checked the IMG main website, the RFL logo is listed as a partner alongside the logos of NFL and Premier League....🤷‍♂️

Wait until 5 years time when the teams are the same as now and JP Morgan still aren't sponsoring the game. 

But it's for the next 100 years I guess. 

48 minutes ago, glossop saint said:

It's happened on a few instances that some posters have questioned Toulouses figures, even suggesting corruption. I do wonder about the motivation for this. There's enough wrong with the system to have a sensible discussion but unfortunately some people only seem to want to attack certain clubs, which coincidently aren't from the heartlands and threaten the position of heartland clubs.

Pretty disgusting really isnt it, borderline xenophobia.

16 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Exactly. It's been obvious for, probably, decades that many of the game's clubs are not in a healthy state. The grading lays that out pretty clearly.

It's notable that a fair number of people who pride themselves on being straight talkers would rather that had carried on being covered up.

I don't think there are many forum members who have said that the information used to create the grading should be covered up, or isn't useful.

What most of the people who disagree with the system are saying is that they think SL membership shouldn't be decided on that basis - but should continue to be decided based solely on on-field performance (with or without minimum standards).

Continuing with on-field P&R wouldn't preclude the value of the information, just mean a different way would be found to use it.

Edited by Barley Mow
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Smudger06 said:

On a positive note, I've just checked the IMG main website, the RFL logo is listed as a partner alongside the logos of NFL and Premier League....🤷‍♂️

Excellent , that should help Cas find a 20 million interest free loan then  😉

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

Glad to hear a court of auditors will be appointed.

Or will the figures just be audited 'in house' as and when something they don't like crops up? 

Just what are you claiming here, that this whole thing is corrupt? Do you have something to back that up? Maybe your tin foil hat is too tight on your head.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dkw said:

Pretty disgusting really isnt it, borderline xenophobia.

I've been to Toulouse twice , really enjoyed both times , won one , lost one , both times pretty much nobody locally knew why we were there despite considerable numbers wearing ' colours ' , even asked for directions to what was their home stadium ( it turned out to be literally 250 yards away ) , nobody had heard of them , their profile in Toulouse is tiny 

I suppose many will be suspicious that due to them being in another country any ' audits ' will be less strict than UK based clubs 

11 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

That would genuinely be a terrible plan. We'd waste time scraping around working individually with the smallest clubs in the game? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

I don't think there are many forum members who have said that the information used to create the grading should be covered up, or isn't useful.

What most of the people who disagree with the system are saying is that they think SL membership shouldn't be decided on that basis - but should continue to be decided based solely on on-field performance (with or without minimum standards).

Continuing with on-field P&R wouldn't preclude the value of the information, just mean a different way would be found to use it.

I think you’re being kind to some of them but I didn’t mean to say that everyone who is against grading is against this info being found out and used.

But there are definitely some who are and it was to them I was referring. 

23 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Well Wigan may have won the Grand Final but I am pleased to see that the Rhinos have been confirmed as winning the ultimate prize this year. Best club in the country 😜

The next logical step.  If gradings determine where you stand in the overall structure, surely the highest scoring team are the champions?  Otherwise it's discrimination... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The first shares I ever bought were in a company called Albert Fisher - around late 90s.

One of the largest food producers in the UK at time. Profitable, but heavy debt burden due to poor acquisitions.

They hired McKinsey for some reason to tell them how to run their business and paid a small fortune.

6 months after the review they went bust.

I've been to Toulouse twice , really enjoyed both times , won one , lost one , both times pretty much nobody locally knew why we were there despite considerable numbers wearing ' colours ' , even asked for directions to what was their home stadium ( it turned out to be literally 250 yards away ) , nobody had heard of them , their profile in Toulouse is tiny 

I suppose many will be suspicious that due to them being in another country any ' audits ' will be less strict than UK based clubs 

Not sure what your point is here? That some people in Toulouse don't know about the rugby league club? Is that a surprise? Is that a problem?

Maybe if they were in the SL for a prolonged period of time then they would be able to raise their profile locally and nationally.

• Like 2

Just now, Dave T said:

That would genuinely be a terrible plan. We'd waste time scraping around working individually with the smallest clubs in the game? 

So we start with the highest rated one first , will that help ? 

Dave , just telling clubs what they already know helps how exactly ? 

All this will do is once again drive distrust and create division among the clubs , their owners and the fans we have , it damaged the game last time , and it will do the same again 

We see on here people suggesting clubs need ' professional ' help , telling them what is easy , telling them how is the hard bit 

8 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Why will they be less strict, because theyre in France? 

3 minutes ago, Leonard said:

The first shares I ever bought were in a company called Albert Fisher - around late 90s.

One of the largest food producers in the UK at time. Profitable, but heavy debt burden due to poor acquisitions.

They hired McKinsey for some reason to tell them how to run their business and paid a small fortune.

6 months after the review they went bust.

Can you buy some in Wigan Warriors ? 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1