Doncaster 

Batley

York

Barrow

Widnes

Swinton

Whitehaven 

Dewsbury

Not easy tbh and I'll be miles away. Cue laugh emoji from Gav Wilson and Blue Ox.

In short. 

I can't see Dewsbury staying up.

I feel Widnes could bd a dark horse for relegation.

I think Wakefield possibly aren't as strong as Fev have been. 

Us. Mmmmm. Dunno tbh. A majority of our side that took us to third have  remained. I'll work out an average of our predictions at some stage soon to see if us TRLers are experts or a load of hot air.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Think it's way too early to call and teams seem to be going with smaller squads this year, injuries could play a huge part, from what I've seen of signings so far I'll go for 

Wakefield

Bradford

Toulouse

Featherstone 

Batley

Halifax 

Sheffield

Doncaster

Whitehaven 

York

Widnes

Barrow

Swinton

Dewsbury 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Us. Mmmmm. Dunno tbh. A majority of our side that took us to third have  remained. I'll work out an average of our predictions at some stage soon to see if us TRLers are experts or a load of hot air.

Bradford were fourth.   Fev were third.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Just now, Mumby Magic said:

Final League position not after playoffs.

The league table isn't the end of the story.   I know most folk on here find it hard to get their heads around that but funding and IMG points both come from play-off positions.

12 minutes ago, Griff said:

The league table isn't the end of the story.   I know most folk on here find it hard to get their heads around that but funding and IMG points both come from play-off positions.

Fair enough but he was given his final league positions in the table. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Prob too early for predictions with signings yet to come. Can expect another hugely tight league though. 

1. Wakey - will strengthen and start recruiting a team capable of competing in SL as the season goes on. 

2. Toulouse - only down to home form. They look to still have a small, ageing squad. 

3. Bradford - Kept majority of last seasons squad that finished strongly.  O'Carroll looks a good fit on paper, will it work out that way though. Got the toughest opening set of fixtures it was possible to give us. 

4. York - probably have the strongest depth, although still think they look light at prop. I like Hendo and think they will do well. 

5. Halifax - Always there or thereabouts, I like their signings of O'brien, Douglas & Eden. But they look to have a small squad. 

6. Fev - obviously not many signed up but think they'll recruit as season wears on. Still a top 17 but think they will be a hangover from last season. 

7. Sheffield - another good season, just not as good as last. 

8. Barrow - improved season for them. 

9. Batley - New coach and could be a transition year. 

10. Widnes - recruited mainly Swinton players and coach, who only just stayed up. Another tough year for them. 

11.  Doncaster -  think it will be case of team that looks strong on paper doesn't replicate on the field. But staying in the championship will be their main aim. 

12. Whitehaven - think they'll have just enough. Always have some gems in their squad. 

13. Dewsbury - Tough first year back. 

14. Swinton think they'll struggle with a few players and coach going. Patton isn't the answer IMO

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mumby Magic said:

Wakefield 

Toulouse

Bradford

Featherstone 

Halifax 

Sheffield

Doncaster

Batley

York

Barrow

Widnes

Swinton

Whitehaven 

Dewsbury

Not easy tbh and I'll be miles away. Cue laugh emoji from Gav Wilson and Blue Ox.

In short. 

I hope you're right!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I’m surprised to see everyone with Doncaster ahead of Widnes. Shows how far the latter have fallen, and its a crying shame. 

Widnes haven't fallen yet Eddie, its just opinions, probably by the same experts last season who predicted Leigh would struggle to avoid relegation and how many picked London to be promoted?

Good init how sport throws up the 'unexpected'. 

For the record I had Featherstone walking the Championship and GF.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

Wakefield 

Toulouse

Bradford

Featherstone 

Halifax 

Sheffield

Doncaster 

Batley

York

Barrow

Widnes

Swinton

Whitehaven 

Dewsbury

In short. 

No laughing from me, I think you will be something like at that. Only things I would disagree with are Wakey not been as strong as Fev last season. For mine their squad looks quite a bit stronger, not Leigh strong but still strong enough to win the league wih only a couple of losses at most. Bradford should get 2nd, they have spent a lot on their squad as normal but I think they look to have more quality that in previous years and its a big squad in comparison to some of the teams around them. I also don't think Doncaster will finish as high as people think, their signing look high profile but they lack quality in the halves and I think they will find it tough going.

As I mentioned elsewhere I think you may have 6 or 7 teams of very similar quality near the playoffs and it will boil down to injuries and DR for most of them. I can't even begin to predict what Fax will do, on paper our first 13 or so look really strong but then im not even sure we can field a full 17 at this stage and presume there will be more signings. Rumors of Widdop still swirl but I would rather we spend that money on positions that we do need. Losing Walmsley was a huge blow but in Eden we have replaced him with a better player even if they are on different stages of their career but in our spine their isn't many teams that wouldn't be envious of JWH/Jouffret/Keys/O Brien but we need some grunt up front and other than Douglas, who I think is a really good signing, Im not sure we have improved enough. For those predicting our demise, historically we have a blip season every now and again but the bounce back is usually pretty good but we will see.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bigbaldnmad said:

Just read the title of the thread, self explanatory really.

Well, I thought so. But it seems no-one can be bothered to read the competition rules.

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Griff said:

Well, I thought so. But it seems no-one can be bothered to read the competition rules.

The majority of the people posting just seem to be doing a final league standings, I am not sure why the competition rules would matter for that? They're not going to deduct 10 points mid season for not having LED advertising boards.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Click said:

They're not going to deduct 10 points mid season for not having LED advertising boards.

I'll leave you to your strawman argument.

7 hours ago, Click said:

The majority of the people posting just seem to be doing a final league standings, I am not sure why the competition rules would matter for that? They're not going to deduct 10 points mid season for not having LED advertising boards.

Exactly,  just a guess at the final league table NOT the play offs that will come eventually.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

Wakefield 

Toulouse

Bradford

Featherstone 

Halifax 

Sheffield

Doncaster 

Batley

York

Barrow

Widnes

Swinton

Whitehaven 

Dewsbury

In short. 

I'm told we have up to four major signings to come, so that will change. FWIW I think we are stronger than Fev were last year, a lot more players with recent and sustained SL experience. What we are not, is where Leigh were two years ago. Hopefully those players to come will get us far closer to that. We also have, if Ellis stands by his word, is the ability to freshen up the team as and when, something Fev couldn't do.

Edited by Kirmonds pouch

2 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

I'm told we have up to four major signings to come, so that will change. FWIW I think we are stronger than Fev were last year, a lot more players with recent and sustained SL experience. What we are not, is where Leigh were two years ago. Hopefully those players to come will get us far closer to that. We also have, if Ellis stands by his word, is the ability to freshen up the team as and when, something Fev couldn't do.

Wakeys squad looks very decent so far for this level. Without a  doubt  the team to beat.  Which areas do u feel u need to strengthen if 4 major signings are still outstanding? 

1-Wakefield

2-York

3-Toulouse

4-Bradford

5-Featherstone

6-Sheffield

7-Doncaster

8-Halifax

9-Batley

10-Whitehaven

11-Widnes

12-Swinton

13-Barrow

14-Dewsbury 

I’m Expecting a big year from York, I think they could be serious Contenders this year. Also I doubt Featherstone have the Depth for a proper promotion push this year.

Wakefield should be big favourites but the competition looks very even this year and the ladder could go plenty of different ways which is very pleasing.

Edited by NRLandSL
  • Like 4