Season Ticket Sales 2024

Damien

As plenty of clubs seen to be posting really good season ticket sales for the 2024 season I thought it would be good to have a thread to keep track on them. These sales onviously bode really well for attendances next season.

Its also great to see such encouraging sales from Championship clubs like Wakefield and York:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Leigh are somewhere around 4.5k, more than double last years.

Close to 5000 now with no freebies or discounting - which is more than double the 2023 total. Cheapest adult is £300. Fully understand what Wakey have done regarding price and free kids whilst they rebuild

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Close to 5000 now with no freebies or discounting - which is more than double the 2023 total. Cheapest adult is £300. Fully understand what Wakey have done regarding price and free kids whilst they rebuild

That's good what Wakefield have done but will they sell 5000+ next season wen they go back up ?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

That's good what Wakefield have done but will they sell 5000+ next season wen they go back up ?

1st thing is to have a good 2024 so that all the fickle cut price bandwagon jumpers and freebees actual attend the games.  

Edited by Wollo Wollo Wayoo
  • Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Some good news on ticket sales 

In sharp contrast to union where despite less teams attendances have fallen - have to think price is an issue...RL tickets remain cheap compared to other sports (in terms of inflation and 'real' terms I suspect they are cheaper than they have been

**Warning the next sentence may induce seizures in Yorkshiremen**

For contrast a terrace standing ticket at Bath costs £80.....

• Haha 2

KR haven’t said a specific number, but it’s been mentioned by the club that we are already past last years total, with circa 8 weeks to go until season start. 

I think we did around 6.8k last year so must be over 7k I’d imagine now which is good. 

looking at additional options for increasing capacity as well, so all seems to be going well

• Like 1

The statement by a club that they've exceeded last seasons sales always seems a bit negative to me.  Almost like they're not particularly impressed with their figure.

• Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

11 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

The statement by a club that they've exceeded last seasons sales always seems a bit negative to me.  Almost like they're not particularly impressed with their figure.

Ah, you're one of those glass half empty chaps aren't you.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Phenomenal work by the Leigh club pushing membership packages they are excellent quality, nearly 5000 now is great work by all involved and is really positive to see the incremental growth after a bit of success last year.

Hipefully this is the beginning of a long stint in SL and the beginning of continued crowd growth and revenue, to be filling the LSV every week would be amazing.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Does it include champers strawberries and a range rover parking spot?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Some really positive news stories here which is great to hear.

Considering the narrative of many outside that RL is a sport which is struggling and 'on the ropes' to use a boxing term, figures like these being released by clubs are fighting back at that.

Particularly encouraging to see this be in the championship as well who don't have close to the same exposure levels as SL clubs.

Again, I wonder/hope that some of this is a bounce off the back of hosting the world cup last year 

19 minutes ago, binosh said:

Phenomenal work by the Leigh club pushing membership packages they are excellent quality, nearly 5000 now is great work by all involved and is really positive to see the incremental growth after a bit of success last year.

Hipefully this is the beginning of a long stint in SL and the beginning of continued crowd growth and revenue, to be filling the LSV every week would be amazing.

Great stuff. 5k gives a real solid base to work off and then push for an 8k+ average with big crowds for the local derbies.

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Some good news on ticket sales 

In sharp contrast to union where despite less teams attendances have fallen - have to think price is an issue...RL tickets remain cheap compared to other sports (in terms of inflation and 'real' terms I suspect they are cheaper than they have been

‘Ow much? 😮

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, binosh said:

to be filling the LSV every week would be amazing.

Yes it would be truly amazing, considering they most likely will only play there every second week. 😬

• Haha 7