Televised games next season - has it been sorted yet?

Yorky

@Dave TI agree. Too often in all walks of life the default is finding something new. 

For most clubs, simply sorting out ticketing and marketing would be gold dust. 

Get 1k extra punters in, looking at £200,000 a year. 

Well worth a one off £30-40k. 

Bristol bears who are struggling in RU got 10k extra in for their match last night- looking at £400k minimum (circa £40 a ticket) 

• Like 1

Just now, Rugbyleaguesupporter said:

@Dave TI agree. Too often in all walks of life the default is finding something new. 

For most clubs, simply sorting out ticketing and marketing would be gold dust. 

Get 1k extra punters in, looking at £200,000 a year. 

Well worth a one off £30-40k. 

Bristol bears who are struggling in RU got 10k extra in for their match last night- looking at £400k minimum (circa £40 a ticket) 

Too often it's the basics that let RL down imo. Ticket sites that are poor, or sometimes don't even work. Poor food and drink (or sold out before half time). Lack of engaging content on social media. Delays in getting kits launched. Poor matchday presentation etc. 

These are basics, fix these before we even start looking at fancy new things. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

I can understand that view, but I don't necessarily agree. I agree with the concern around governance, but I don't believe the stakeholders will veto everything - especially as many things will be providing expertise and support. They also didn't veto the new grading structure (my personal view is that it led to a poor outcome by compromising on P&R, but then many stakeholders, including some supporters want P&R). 

I've been following F1 much more closely in recent years, and even this year, despite the new owners and investment, the teams still have a lot of control, and absolutely have to give their blessing to major decisions. They are quite open and mature about the 'what's in it for me?' viewpoint, rather than that being frowned upon in RL. 

I don't think we should be shy about selling places in our league to millionaires, we should be more like them. 

The Grading system is a regression of reach of the sport though. Its exactly what the existing chairmen wanted, I.e. a closed shop.

The recommendations that the clubs have taken on are in their own self interest rather than for the long term progression of the sport.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

The Grading system is a regression of reach of the sport though. Its exactly what the existing chairmen wanted, I.e. a closed shop.

The recommendations that the clubs have taken on are in their own self interest rather than for the long term progression of the sport.

So its the clubs, not IMG that is the issue.

the darts commentator said sky were showing all the games while he was commentating this aft - hope hes not doing the commentating though- great for the darts but not RL 

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

15 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

the darts commentator said sky were showing all the games while he was commentating this aft - hope hes not doing the commentating though- great for the darts but not RL 

Was that Pyke or Studd? 

The former I think will be used alot. The latter won't after his stroke- I think darts is enough 

2 hours ago, Rugbyleaguesupporter said:

Was that Pyke or Studd? 

The former I think will be used alot. The latter won't after his stroke- I think darts is enough 

Pyke - great for the darts but leave it there

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Not Super League, but this good news has just been announced.

• Like 9

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you look at the time the SKY telecast starts you can see which game is being shown as normal on SKY and which one(s) will be on the red button presumably i.e on Friday 23rd February Warrington v Hull starts at 19.30 (main game) and London Broncos v Catalans starts at 19.55 (red button)

https://www.skysports.com/watch/rugby-league-on-sky

• Like 1

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

On 03/01/2024 at 15:38, Futtocks said:

Not Super League, but this good news has just been announced.

Great news, every bit of coverage helps.

Only 1 week to go now until the Challenge cup starts on BBC next week.......the season is getting close!

• Like 3

Edit: my theory lasted 5 mins, theyll be starting earlier ... 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyleague/article-12940571/BBC-screen-live-Super-League-matches-Saturday-evening-three-years-major-boost-rugby-league.html

Essential that televised games on BBC are full houses. 

I'd guess they'll show some Sat 3pm 

Edited by Rugbyleaguesupporter
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Rugbyleaguesupporter said:

Edit: my theory lasted 5 mins, theyll be starting earlier ... 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyleague/article-12940571/BBC-screen-live-Super-League-matches-Saturday-evening-three-years-major-boost-rugby-league.html

Essential that televised games on BBC are full houses. 

I'd guess they'll show some Sat 3pm 

We ought to cue up the old Grandstand theme tune to play just before the broadcast begins. :kolobok_cool:

It's a shame for Channel 4 after their excellent work recently, but I do like the sound of the word "outbid".

• Like 6

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

14 minutes ago, The 4 of Us said:

And get Jon Culshaw commentating as Mike Yarwood impersonating Eddie Waring. 

Have the introductions done by Hugh Grant playing Keith Macklin.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Looking good, Sky and the BBC supporting RL like never before! I assume Sky are still showing NRL, and will continue to show SL highlights from years gone by. 

Pity CH4 are no longer involved, a third broadcaster would be the icing on the cake but there's clearly nothing left for them to cover.

• Like 2