SuperLeague+ Streaming Platform Launch

1 hour ago, eal said:

Is Fox Sports still showing Super League in the USA? I didn't any evidence of todays game on Fox Sports.

No one is quite sure, they certainly not showing anything this week.

As far as Super League plus goes, I winced at the price and wished they offered a free trial because I was worried with it being a new service it would be buggy with the streams, but at least as of the first game it was amazing. I'm excited to be able to watch live Super League for the first time since 2016, and any of the six games to boot. 

The only con is I wish they would offer the pre/post match studio show. Back when Fox has a streaming service they would usually stream that for both Super League and NRL, hopefully it gets added.

Really looking forward to my Fridays this summer being watching Super League at 3 pm, have dinner, then watch the Orioles at 7 pm.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Fly-By-TheWire said:

For those with Fire TV / Firesticks, you’ll be pleased to know the SL+ app has finally arrived on the service for downloading.   With it being so late to the party expect it to have a few bugs! 

Either it'll be buggy, or they'll have had time to work on any issues since the original (non-Fire TV) launch. It is still an Android app, after all.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

11 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Either it'll be buggy, or they'll have had time to work on any issues since the original (non-Fire TV) launch. It is still an Android app, after all.

Installed and I have started the Leigh/Huddersfield stream. Currently a holding screen saying "The Event is about to start". I'll leave it on that to see how much lead-in time non-broadcast matches get for future reference.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just come on at 19:55, presumably in line with the Sky broadcast.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

This is the greatest thing to happen to rugby league in the UK for the past 129 years.

The quality of the video production, especially the camera work and the multiple angles, and the video resolution (on my computer it looks like it could be 4k transmission) makes it a perfect watching experience.

I hope that this can increase the game's fan base, and also make more money for the RFL.

• Thanks 1

Stream worked well for me and so far so good on the Fire App. The thing that needs sorting out is what is on display during the video ref decisions but that's a production issue, not to do with the platform. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Is there any plans to scatter kickoff times in the future now that all games are broadcast?

I noticed watching Leeds V Salford they announced the live scores at St Helens & Leigh so couldn’t even watch the replay of those later without spoilers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 15/02/2024 at 20:51, emesssea said:

As far as Super League plus goes, I winced at the price and wished they offered a free trial because I was worried with it being a new service it would be buggy with the streams, but at least as of the first game it was amazing. I'm excited to be able to watch live Super League for the first time since 2016, and any of the six games to boot. 

The only con is I wish they would offer the pre/post match studio show. Back when Fox has a streaming service they would usually stream that for both Super League and NRL, hopefully it gets added.

Really looking forward to my Fridays this summer being watching Super League at 3 pm, have dinner, then watch the Orioles at 7 pm.

Super League+ is at a price point I can't really justify, unless I cancel all my other streaming services. I was hoping it would be $5-10 per month like most streaming services.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Installed and I have started the Leigh/Huddersfield stream. Currently a holding screen saying "The Event is about to start". I'll leave it on that to see how much lead-in time non-broadcast matches get for future reference.

Given that my broadband is currently down and the only internet I can get is from a mobile phone hotspot, the Fire TV version of the SL+ app worked faultlessly.

I'll be testing the non-Fire app and the browser-based streams next time I have the opportunity, but all looks well on the software side.

• Thanks 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Not sure if it’s a personalised set up but the live Super League is currently the main headline and link on the BBC Sport app for me. 

• Thanks 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

25 minutes ago, Bradman Better said:

There are not enough cameras being used at the Catalans vs Warrington game. No cameras behind the posts for the goal kicks or general play. That is not good enough. 

Is there a camera shortage at Sky? Or is it a camera man/woman shortage?

It won’t be Sky at Catalans, it’ll be a local production

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Spidey said:

It won’t be Sky at Catalans, it’ll be a local production

Surely not? I thought the whole point was that we had accepted less money in return for Sky providing TV quality coverage for every game. Even if they've subcontracted it, it is Sky's responsibility isn't it.

• Haha 1

Just now, lanzer98 said:

Does anyone know when games will be available on demand? WCC still not available. Neither is Huddersfield v St Helens.

We had this question last week too, because some very early PR said full matches would go up the next day.

I think they actually become available on Monday.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

16 minutes ago, lanzer98 said:

Thanks. A bit unfortunate. Watchnrl as reference do better in that regard.

True. It'll be a rights issue though, not technical, as no editing is required for full match footage. 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

FAQs:

1.5 How Soon After Live Broadcast Are Live Events Available on Demand?

Live match replays will be made available to watch on demand after the conclusion of a live stream. There may sometimes be technical delays when making footage available to watch back.

I have attempted to pay for this 3 times now, one for monthly subscription and twice for the annual one.  Each times it goes all the way through to a successful validation on the HSBC banking app.... then 5 minutes later it stops and tells me it has failed.

It is the only on-line payment that has failed in the last 5 years as far as I can remember. 

But I will persevere. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

On 16/02/2024 at 03:51, emesssea said:

greetings from Sarasota watching spring training of the Orioles and watching Wigan winning the WCC on superleague+

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ivarr the Boneless said:

There are rumours down this way that the Football Conference has decided to drop streaming of matches as it simply doesn't pay. Not announced yet but the source was a Director at a member club.

Clearly their member club gates are typically smaller than SL member clubs but...

I believe they had to work through specific providers, didn’t they?

Quite a lot of grumbling at National League level about a lot of what the league demands of its clubs and then how it doesn’t support them all equally anyway.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)