BARROW 1945 CUP

55 minutes ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Newcastle are back in but how prepared are they.

They have been absolutely hammered by York today by over 100 points.

Probably gone for a light mobile pack..........., but in all seriousness, at least they are prepared to have a go

• Like 1

Team full of ex academy players, think there’s gonna be a few more of them results, all good coming in but least should be a certain level, think most NCL premier teams would give them a stuffing. Be good for your points for though 😂

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Onreport said:

Probably gone for a light mobile pack..........., but in all seriousness, at least they are prepared to have a go

Even getting to a game with a squas was a massive achievement for the club, I don't think the result mattered really in the long term.

• Like 3

Barrow should beat us comfortably, but if our lads put a shift in and we can contain there forward we can give them a game. 

If we come out of it with no injuries and our patterns of play are tight then it will be a useful run out. Let's face it we aren't winning the cup but these two home games will be good for the club. Let's hope the Barrow fans aren't as scared to travel up here as their team are. Can't wait to get back down in my spot on the terracing. UTT 

• Like 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

1 minute ago, Churchill Drivers said:

Early days but with Oldham & Keighley both beating Championship sides, League 1 may be very competitive this season at the top end and not easy to gain promotion from. At least Town battled to the end with 2 late tries.

They’ve invested heavily and will be fighting it out at the top I’d reckon . Oldham especially have recruited strongly 

• Like 2

Good to be back. 

Strange start to the game, why when we had the wind at our back did we not start Sammut? He comes on after 20 mins and within 2 mins attempts our first 40-20. When you have a gale at your backs you have to play the conditions when they are in your favour surely.

We looked a bit hesitant in attack for much of the game and didn't really tear into them like I expected, then in the last 15 we found some belief and got two good tries. Some good performances in difficult conditions. Our goal line defence is still a bit slow at times, but easy to sort for the league starting. 

Mr Sweet was his usual bizarre self, and Stack complains more than our lass, but it was funny to see him come a cropper trying to smash Sammut.  UTT! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Not great, but not bad. Looked rough in attack early on, poor ball discipline didnt help, but we looked solid defensively. Barra didnt really open us up too often, but they made decent yards in the middle when we made changes as we lacked size on the bench, we really need a big aggressive prop.

Fitness was very good though as we finished strongly.

I expect we will be hearing Ecclestone and Taylors names quite often this season as that's definitely a strong side for us. Sammut will have a field day going to them two.

I think the young hooker played well but Henson would have had a good impact today.

All in all quite positive against a strong barra side,

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Haven 123 said:

I’m hoping for a Town scare, lot of noise coming from Barrow lately…. Good luck, hopefully Mr Sammut comes back to haunt! 

Really what noise ? Heard a fair bit of how great Havens imports will be but not much fron Barrow.

First half looked like a Championship 1 side with a strong wind behind them against Championship side. Second half looked like a Championship side with an even stronger wind behind them against a Championship 1 side. 🤷‍♂️Highlight of the day was obviously the Shaw penalty from just inside his own half when 28 points up, it was a joke. Our lass would have knocked that over with that wind behind her 🙄 Good finish by Town which was good to see. Loved Stack when he played for us, but he’s turned into a dirty whinge bag. It was Barrows 5th run out and our first, the score reflected that and they were a class above us on the day, which most of us expected. UTT.

• Like 3

A game to get the silly errors out of the way but our completion rate today must have been very low.

Missing a stroke centre (possibly croston) and that big crashing prop we have missed since Wilkes but excitement when sammut came on and to be fair did have chances to make the game closer then what the scoreline shows.

However definitely a work in progress and will only get better

Razor Silva took some ball in.

Lost the first half by 12 and the second by 10 so not too bad. We saw what you get with Sammut the good and the not so good but he'll improve us massively,  especially when Henson  and Marwood are back. Steele looks a lot trimmer this year and Walton sneaked MOM for me , ran really strongly. I was worried we were going 160 minutes without a point! 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Limmertime said:

Well beaten by a good side but some positives at the end, Walton was our best player imo...ran well but I think we lack a bit of size up front.

Thought either him or jj for mom not sure how Thompson got it to be honest. All a bit flat but at least we managed some points on the scoreboard (not literally as it wasn't working). Good workout but must improve.

• Like 2

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

56 minutes ago, Limmertime said:

Well beaten by a good side but some positives at the end, Walton was our best player imo...ran well but I think we lack a bit of size up front.

100%

49 minutes ago, Town utd said:

Agree with others,missed Henson and marwood today,walker needs to play half and run at teams,Henson would give town better direction, and marwood that bit of spark and backing up later in each half.

I couldn't work out what position walker went into, surely would have been better taking forber off and leaving 2 half backs? 

• Like 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Scoreline was probably not far off what I though it would be. Cant really read an awful lot into the game itself as the conditions made playing difficult to say the least. Barrow made less errors, gave away less penalties and kicked better. 

I really liked the look of Walton. Ran hard, and is great at taking the ball to the line before finding a pass. Correct move to utilise JJ at 13 as well. Hes got the engine. Overall, I'm content with where we are

• Like 2