The Hairnets ( Oldham A Team)

jroyales

14 minutes ago, jroyales said:

Won't sleep thinking about next week's game.

The Oldham lads from last season will have a point to prove, we have got to have a top referee for safety reasons.

Score forecast Yhe Yeds 66 Hairnets 12.

If losing 66-12 is proving a point, the point proved must be that we were right to move them on! No offence to our respected and beloved ex-Riughyeds…

• Like 1

On 11/02/2024 at 02:41, RoughyedsFan_merged said:

What is the record score in this fixture? Out of interest.

58-6 1988.

Burke, Atkinson, Foy, McAllister, Meadows, Walsh, Ford, Sherrat, Sanderson, Waddell, Casey, Graham, Warnecke, Subs: Irving, Hawkyard

Some real bad refereeing that day.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Anita Bath said:

58-6 1988.

Burke, Atkinson, Foy, McAllister, Meadows, Walsh, Ford, Sherrat, Sanderson, Waddell, Casey, Graham, Warnecke, Subs: Irving, Hawkyard

Anita, at first glance, I read that as the 58th of June, 1988. I thought 'she's' finally lost the plot !!! 🙂

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

58-6 1988.

That was a great Roughyeds Team - probably the best in my time of watching the yeds.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jimmy DoNut said:

Anita, at first glance, I read that as the 58th of June, 1988. I thought 'she's' finally lost the plot !!! 🙂

Believe it or not it was April Fools Day….the final game at the old Athletics ground and Hornets dressed a player called Idle…You could t make this up.

4 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Believe it or not it was April Fools Day….the final game at the old Athletics ground and Hornets dressed a player called Idle…You could t make this up.

I was there, I remember it well, not long before our Old Trafford game against Featherstone, happy memories 

• Like 1

Not for me…a sad day for many reasons.  It was ‘Good’ Friday and we were the last supper.

Some would argue we havent risen from the dead since leaving the AG.

But we will be up for it on Sunday….not sure Ill get a visa given  that outstanding parking fine from Whitebank. I might have to leave the Bentley at home and cross in darkness through Tandle Hill.

• Haha 4

On 10/02/2024 at 16:38, shrewsbury roughyed said:

If losing 66-12 is proving a point, the point proved must be that we were right to move them on! No offence to our respected and beloved ex-Riughyeds…

I think you are missing the fact that this years squad will be costing more than double last years! Of course this should be a better team unless someone has spent stupidly which i don't think they have. 

1 minute ago, Yed17 said:

I think you are missing the fact that this years squad will be costing more than double last years! Of course this should be a better team unless someone has spent stupidly which i don't think they have. 

Looking at the perfomances so far the money has been spent very wisely😊

• Like 1

Just two more sleeps…though I dont expect you yeds fans will be getting much given the task ahead.

You will be able to see the long trail of hornets fans heading through Royton from space on sunday.

Float like a butterfly…sting like a hornet.

• Haha 1