The Hairnets ( Oldham A Team)

jroyales

It was a strong performance for us today. Nothing flash very workman like. Lawton impressed again and Mo's breakaway try was worth the admission fee.

I was unsure of the hornets team, after a search of the Internet found the starting 13. I do feel that hornets used it as a friendly with the side they put out.

I do think the club should make the team sheets available or bring back the programme.

• Like 2

I thought Rochdale defended really well today. Oldham were solid & never really got out of 2nd gear but never looked in any danger. Referee was inconsistent for both teams, anyone know why Lawton was sin binned? Andrade & the Rochdale scrum half was very good. I’d like to see Oldham vary the attack a bit more & go wide rather than consistently down the middle but we’re winning. Really impressed with the Chapelhow’s I wasn’t sure when we signed them but they’re great 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, LittleboroRoughyed said:

I thought Rochdale defended really well today. Oldham were solid & never really got out of 2nd gear but never looked in any danger. Referee was inconsistent for both teams, anyone know why Lawton was sin binned? Andrade & the Rochdale scrum half was very good. I’d like to see Oldham vary the attack a bit more & go wide rather than consistently down the middle but we’re winning. Really impressed with the Chapelhow’s I wasn’t sure when we signed them but they’re great 

Thought the referee was very padantic and gave weird decisions both ways. Seemed out of his depth and was making it about him. You don't notice a good ref. The sin binning was strange. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Turned out to be a good question! 12-12 second half. Good effort from Rochdale.

Got delayed by border force who wouldnt accept my rochdale pioneers divi card as ID so arrived 40 minutes late. When is the replay?

• Haha 3

First half was decent. We gradually broke them down over the course of the half and were well on top by the end winning 26-0. Second half was very slow and stop start. Rochdale did very well and Andrade and Else were very good. Too many errors and penalties on our behalf to be too happy with the performance but a win plus no injuries will do nicely.

Turner was fabulous at centre. Showed his Super League class and was dominant on nearly every carry. Wildie had his best game at dummy half for us. Lawton's aggression in defence has really surprised me, he's putting in 4 or 5 bell ringers a game. Mo again showed his quality with a great try but then an even better try saver on almost the last play of the game.

Can't wait for Swinton next week.

• Like 4

Signing of the season is George Riley.

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

On 12/02/2024 at 12:10, Anita Bath said:

58-6 1988.

Burke, Atkinson, Foy, McAllister, Meadows, Walsh, Ford, Sherrat, Sanderson, Waddell, Casey, Graham, Warnecke, Subs: Irving, Hawkyard

Some real bad refereeing that day.

If I remember rightly, that was the last fixture between our great clubs at The Athletic Grounds (now Morrison's). I have memories of Mick Worrall being sent off near to the end but time plays tricks and maybe i'm confused. I have a programme somewhere......again, maybe i'm confused!

2 hours ago, LittleboroRoughyed said:

Lawton was sin binned for a late tackle after the ball had gone

3 hours ago, LittleboroRoughyed said:

I think it’s very much as advertised from Long so far, a strong dominant pack and not any more expansive than we need to be. I don’t have any issue with it and it’s serving us well up to now, our pack are a joy to watch, being able to bring guys like Farnworth on and rotate the Chapelhows is pretty fearsome.

• Like 5

So far so good (although we did turn off a bit in the second half). Taylor, Wilde and Craven are giving us so many options (Taylor's ability to switch the play around in something wonderful to watch). Lawton's defence is scary and there is no stopping him when he gets a sniff of the line - but his left to right passing leaves a lot to be desired - I don't think MoGo has had a clean pass from him yet. Bring on Swinton - should be a great game. 

1 minute ago, wozzeryedhead said:

And what's he done 🤔

He left the BBC after allegations of inappropriate behaviour.  As far as I remember no details of any investigation game out.  

He now works for the State of Mind charity and a number of sports channels. 

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!