Match thread: Challenge Cup 5th Round. Featherstone Rovers v Wakefield Trinity. Sunday 10th March 2024.

Just now, RobLambert said:

Ha yeah same conditions and joy at the result but Gale ran just a bit further lol

Yeah he did ,Aaron barged over near line if i remember correctly.

We didn't have him for long i think he was at university in Nottingham and Peter Fox spotted him as a player with potential.I think he vanished just as quickly as he arrived.I think he scored 2 tries that day for us Foxy could always spot a player he had second sight in that respect.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

We didn't have him for long i think he was at university in Nottingham and Peter Fox spotted him as a player with potential.I think he vanished just as quickly as he arrived.I think he scored 2 tries that day for us Foxy could always spot a player he had second sight in that respect.

Aaron was only here for about a  month around Feb1990 and the c%s  try  was his  one and only try on his debut from the bench

11 minutes ago, POR said:

Aaron was only here for about a  month around Feb1990 and the c%s  try  was his  one and only try on his debut from the bench

And NEVER to be forgotten. 

I am so proud of our players (team) now i know why i have travelled from Sheffield for the last 20 years to support them.All i ask as a supporter is the players give their all for the club, team and supporters and the results will take care of themselves.Rugby league shaped me.Within half a mile from where i live we have had 3 murders in the last 12 years .Yet i can walk about day or night knowing i will be ok.When i pass the skally's i always hold my head up and say allright mate or pal and have never had any trouble.Rugby League and Boxing  gave me that confidence.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

Yeah he did ,Aaron barged over near line if i remember correctly.

I think it was Tim Sharpe who made a break from halfway, he got about 10mtr from the line and passed it inside but the ball went to ground, Palelei picked it up and marched to the line with Steadman and 2 other players trying to stop him. The other try was scored by Iva Ropati who slid in at the corner from about 10mtre out, it probably was nowhere near 10mtre but he seemed to slide forever.

We beat Cas 3 times out of 4 that season with the other match being a draw, happy days.

• Like 2

During the week, I was talking to a Wakefield fan, who asked me what would happen if they got to the CC and 1895 cup finals... guess that question didn't age well..

As a Fev fan who was born in Fev, and moved to Wakefield in 1975, just before I was 13. I went all through school, through the various local rugby clubs I played for, as the Fev fan amongst Wakey fans. Most mates and in laws are Wakey fans... I can't put into words how I feel this evening...

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Featherstonerovers2000 said:

Wow what a game, I think wynne looked better on wing then centre and wycokecoke looked like he never seen a muddy field like that before 😂😂

Wyco did make a couple of mistakes but he did well to anticipate the kick over the top for Walmsley and tackled him early.And he caught a couple of high kicks under pressure.He is still learning the game and did ok.But what do i know i have only been watching the game 70 years.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, bigbaldnmad said:

During the week, I was talking to a Wakefield fan, who asked me what would happen if they got to the CC and 1895 cup finals... guess that question didn't age well..

Nah Wakey play in their tin pot cup final as a curtain raiser to our 6th CC Final appearance 🤣

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

My favouite comment so far from the Wakefield RLFans forum...
"Luck and a pigsty of a pitch won the game for rovers.
Their ground is barely championship standard."

🤣

Sour grapes for breakfast this morning,😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

🤣

If Fev are the only team that can win matches in muddy conditions then bring back the winter season. I recall we got the same verbals when we beat Leigh at Post Office Road a couple of seasons ago. Then they went out and bought a brand new team. Plus I am old enough to remember when we beat high riding Trinity 11-7 in the 1967 challenge cup they openly suggested that Fev had watered the pitch before the match. Wakefield have a good side and sure enough will win plenty on hard grounds but a good team should be able to play conditions that are same for both sides.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

If Fev are the only team that can win matches in muddy conditions then bring back the winter season. I recall we got the same verbals when we beat Leigh at Post Office Road a couple of seasons ago. Then they went out and bought a brand new team. Plus I am old enough to remember when we beat high riding Trinity 11-7 in the 1967 challenge cup they openly suggested that Fev had watered the pitch before the match. Wakefield have a good side and sure enough will win plenty on hard grounds but a good team should be able to play conditions that are same for both sides.

Yes my mother was saying that yesterday 

one of the things that pleased me was Fishwick who celebrated his 19th birthday on saturday he put a real shift in and you could see what it meant to him when Gaz scored the winner

• Like 2

Just bought League Express - no mention of the attendance does anyone know I am quite interested, as it looked a very good crowd. Why do all clubs insist on not listing their attendance, not good public relations???

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

🤣

Wakefield build one stand and suddenly they think they’re great 😂😂

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Daft old hooker said:

Wakefield build one stand and suddenly they think they’re great 😂😂

25 tears of super league money and all they have is a stand and a pitch...

They should have been forced to do something years ago.

• Like 1