Sun 3rd March : SL : Hull FC v London Broncos KO 3pm (Sky Sports Action)

Who will win?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • London Broncos

Poor London. The intercept was a big moment for them, but I was never confident that they could see it out.

A pretty heartbreaking way to lose though in the dying minutes.

It was a reasonably enjoyable game to watch with a neutral's hat on on a Sunday afternoon. Not a very good standard in all honesty, though.

11 minutes ago, DavidM said:

, lots of referee 

First time Ive seen the bloke but I think he did a good job, seems better than some of the more established super league refs. I didn't see him get a bad call all game 

• Like 5

Best thing, from what I can see, is that they've printed a set of shirts where the sponsor's name fits in the white cross a bit better than the awkward misalignment on the marketing launch photo.

1 hour ago, Agbrigg said:

First time Ive seen the bloke but I think he did a good job, seems better than some of the more established super league refs. I didn't see him get a bad call all game 

Seen him reffing in the Championship before. He's as good as I've seen. Was very good today.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

3 hours ago, Worzel said:

To be honest I’m happier FC got an undeserved win there. They’ll be more likely to continue thinking they’re better than they are now, rather than address their issues. 

Going to be an enjoyable year this I think 🤣

It's been an enjoyable weekend so here's hoping.

• Haha 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

29 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Seen him reffing in the Championship before. He's as good as I've seen. Was very good today.

He's in his grace period, due to being a new face to many SL fans.

By round 6 he'll be Satan incarnate for making an entirely justifiable and fair decision.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I couldn't even celebrate the winning try, because there was really nothing to celebrate. 

Individually there were some pretty good performances. Staveley looks a good un, Jack Brown and Ashworth gave us decent go forward, and the half backs both played pretty well even if it was mostly off the cuff stuff that looked the most dangerous. But overall it was another fairly grim display.

The amount of basic errors we make is awful, and we were really flat and low on energy all game. London would have fully deserved the points had they got it over the line.

I'm really not looking forward to Catalans next week (although it would be a very Hull thing to go over there and win after being utterly useless for tbe first 3 games).

4 hours ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

On that performance it looks as if London might well scrape together a few wins this season. The big question that we seem to have been asking for a few seasons now is what's wrong with Hull F.C.? On paper they should be the top team in the city with more support and a bigger ground with more opportunities for things like corporate income but it just isn't happening.

On paper, they should be  challenging Wigan and Saints, big club, big crowds etc but are basically doing a Wakefield and just being slightly better than the bottom club.

It's baffling and has been for years now.

15 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Only just seen the scoreline, what happened???? How bad are Hull?? 😅

Could have been reversed Tommy, London lost their best playmaker Dean Parata with a HIA after a few minutes never to return, it would have been very interesting had he stayed on.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

Careful Aggers, I suggested as such when he reffed the Salford/Cas game that he was better than most and got lambasted for it. If you don't know he is an Aussie one of 9 full time refs in the RFL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, MZH said:

I couldn't even celebrate the winning try, because there was really nothing to celebrate. 

Individually there were some pretty good performances. Staveley looks a good un, Jack Brown and Ashworth gave us decent go forward, and the half backs both played pretty well even if it was mostly off the cuff stuff that looked the most dangerous. But overall it was another fairly grim display.

The amount of basic errors we make is awful, and we were really flat and low on energy all game. London would have fully deserved the points had they got it over the line.

I'm really not looking forward to Catalans next week (although it would be a very Hull thing to go over there and win after being utterly useless for tbe first 3 games).

Just my opinion but I thought when he came on Bullough was your best forward.

10 hours ago, meast said:

On paper, they should be  challenging Wigan and Saints, big club, big crowds etc but are basically doing a Wakefield and just being slightly better than the bottom club.

It's baffling and has been for years now.

Being slightly better than the bottom club once had some meaning to it Meast, Hull could be bar far the worst performing club in SL and it won't matter one bit, it will be interesting come the end of the season when results don't matter, and I am not directing that just at Hull FC.

Edited by Harry Stottle

21 hours ago, Curly perm said:

They’re not but neither are some of the others, as shown today. Hopefully this gives them a bit of belief to show they can compete with at least a couple of sides this year. 

neither are   cas, salfor d,hudds,hull  some very average sides in this comp!

19 hours ago, Futtocks said:

He's in his grace period, due to being a new face to many SL fans.

By round 6 he'll be Satan incarnate for making an entirely justifiable and fair decision.

So the same rule as SL tv pundits / commentators then....

• Like 1