Match thread: Challenge Cup 6th round. Leigh Leopards v Featherstone Rovers. Saturday 23rd March 2024. 2.00pm

Drawn away against Leigh. Watched draw and could have sworn we were at Home against Leeds. Ah well. All the best lads.

Edited by marklaspalmas

Probably the 2nd / 3rd worst draw for me.  Oh well it only took us 12 years (since Cas) to get a decent one so two on the bounce was too much to ask for.  Never liked that Iestyn lol. 

Fax won't know whats hit them having to play a professional team

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

Probably the 2nd / 3rd worst draw for me.  Oh well it only took us 12 years (since Cas) to get a decent one so two on the bounce was too much to ask for.  Never liked that Iestyn lol. 

Fax won't know whats hit them having to play a professional team

And home again.

4 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

A bad draw for us. 

Not going to win,low crowd and week before we play Wakefield again and they will have had a week off.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

A bad draw for us. 

Why G at the MO leopards  will be missing Briscoe Ipape Asiata and  Lam so if we dig in like we did on Sunday and with the possibility of bringing in Massey  Minikin Turner and Yei I think we got a good chance of beating them 

Edited by POR
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, POR said:

Why G at the MO leopards  will be missing Briscoe Ipape Asiata and  Lam so if we dig in like we did on Sunday and with the possibility of bringing in Massey  Minikin Turner and Yei I think we got a good chance of beating them 

I hope you are right, if we were at home and I would agree with you.

• Like 1

Our League is reporting that our tie v Leigh is scheduled to be played at 2pm on Saturday 23rd March .

The Leeds v Saints game is chosen for BBC coverage on the evening before.

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

5 hours ago, bigbaldnmad said:

Not seen anything yet on Turners arrival date.

Anyone heard anything yet on Tanner? Fordy said he came of with tightness but heard nothing else.

Tanner is injured, he said he hopes its nothing serious and he will be fit in a couple of weeks.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, roversspud said:

The Leeds v Saints game is chosen for BBC.

according to RFL

Leeds Rhinos versus St Helens, the stand-out tie of Round 6 of the Men’s Betfred Challenge Cup, will be shown live on will be shown live on BBC iPlayer, Red Button and the BBC Sport website and app on Friday 22 March (KO 8pm).    No mention of any other games on TV 

Edited by POR

• marklaspalmas changed the title to Match thread: Challenge Cup 6th round. Leigh Leopards v Featherstone Rovers. Saturday 23rd March 2024. 2.00pm
14 hours ago, POR said:

according to RFL

Leeds Rhinos versus St Helens, the stand-out tie of Round 6 of the Men’s Betfred Challenge Cup, will be shown live on will be shown live on BBC iPlayer, Red Button and the BBC Sport website and app on Friday 22 March (KO 8pm).    No mention of any other games on TV 

Ours is apparently on the Sportsman again.

• Like 1

latest from the leopards

“No one is coming back at the moment, it’s a one-way door unfortunately. There is some concern over Tom Amone. He has hurt his foot in the game.“We didn’t think it was that bad initially but it’s looking like a little bit more trouble for us AND

Dwyer’s on loan from  Warrington Wolves  won’t be considered for the Challenge Cup so we will work our way around that.”

48 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Leigh do have a few players out, but were impressive against Hull. I can only see a very heavy defeat. The main thing is to avoid any injuries.

Indeed, I watched Leigh's game at Hull, and as bad as the home team were, Leigh were exceptionally good and blew them away even with a few players missing, looking a genuine top 4 SL team despite their modertae start to the season. Sounds like Lachlan Lam might be back for them too this week.

I didn't fancy us to beat Wakefield and we pulled off a remarkable effort, even if helped by the conditions, it will be a much faster track at Leigh and in his post-Batley interview it sounded from Fordy as if we had even more injury concerns following the game. We won't get much if anything from Hull KR with it being a cup game (maybe Fishwick if he's fit) and we might even be struggling to name 17 if we did pick up more injuries at Batley.

It's been a depressing week or so for the fans following the euphoria of the Wakefield game, but once again all we can ask is that the players have a dig as they have been doing and if we can get even a vaguely competitive effort in this game then that would reflect great credit on Fordy and the team.

16 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Indeed, I watched Leigh's game at Hull, and as bad as the home team were, Leigh were exceptionally good and blew them away even with a few players missing, looking a genuine top 4 SL team despite their modertae start to the season. Sounds like Lachlan Lam might be back for them too this week.

I didn't fancy us to beat Wakefield and we pulled off a remarkable effort, even if helped by the conditions, it will be a much faster track at Leigh and in his post-Batley interview it sounded from Fordy as if we had even more injury concerns following the game. We won't get much if anything from Hull KR with it being a cup game (maybe Fishwick if he's fit) and we might even be struggling to name 17 if we did pick up more injuries at Batley.

It's been a depressing week or so for the fans following the euphoria of the Wakefield game, but once again all we can ask is that the players have a dig as they have been doing and if we can get even a vaguely competitive effort in this game then that would reflect great credit on Fordy and the team.

We might get Ben Reynolds, as he's cup tied to us...but I doubt it!

Picking up injuries in a tough game is my main concern.The players have given their all in heavy conditions against Wakey and Batley.If Leigh play like they did against Hull FC a defeat by under 30 points will be acceptable for me.