Match thread: Challenge Cup 6th round. Leigh Leopards v Featherstone Rovers. Saturday 23rd March 2024. 2.00pm

Just now, bigbaldnmad said:

I nearly posted that I would have rested Wacokecoke and played Wynne, as Manoa's defence has looked a bit iffy....

What do I know 😂

I don’t know why wacokecoke is getting so much stick from fans? Young 19 year old kid never played a first team game I think he’s been solid 

as for wynne he’s been disappointing never makes any metres always runs sideways 

only thing he’s done is score 2 against wakey which I think anyone could have scored 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Rovers fev said:

I don’t know why wacokecoke is getting so much stick from fans? Young 19 year old kid never played a first team game I think he’s been solid 

as for wynne he’s been disappointing never makes any metres always runs sideways 

only thing he’s done is score 2 against wakey which I think anyone could have scored 

Read what i said about him after the Wakey game.10th March page 5 near the bottom.

3 hours ago, bigbaldnmad said:

I nearly posted that I would have rested Wacokecoke and played Wynne, as Manoa's defence has looked a bit iffy....

What do I know 😂

You're not alone there, I thought the same. Well done to him for coming up with two huge plays today.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman

2 hours ago, Zilla Budgie said:

Well played Rovers, scoreline definitely flattered us. 

Very sporting Sir.  Can you tell Lam that !  The best he could muster at the end of the game was "Our mistakes kept Fev in the game"

For me Leigh deserved it for being more clinical when the chances came but with a bit of luck and those 'forward pass' decisions going our way it could have been very close.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Phil Briscoe said:

Really enjoyed that day. Last year that would have probably been a blow out score in the second half. 

Yep.  As were the last 4 games v Leigh in 2022.  We competed much better than in those games.  

Edited by RobLambert
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RobLambert said:

Very sporting Sir.  Can you tell Lam that !  The best he could muster at the end of the game was "Our mistakes kept Fev in the game"

For me Leigh deserved it for being more clinical when the chances came but with a bit of luck and those 'forward pass' decisions going our way it could have been very close.   

Yes I noted that too, really ungracious and unnecessary from Lam, they'd just survived a scare and gone through to the next round - would it have killed him to say something nice about how we pushed them all the way? Apparently so, not much class unfortunately.

Agree re Leigh deserving it, but there wasn't much in it - massive credit to the lads - and but for some of those 'marginal' calls going Leigh's way who knows what might have been. Good luck to 'em anyway in the next round, I'd rather they win it than a bl**dy Wigan or Saints. Again (yawn).

• Like 5

Well done Leigh for overcoming a monumental effort from Fev. The difference in the two teams was very poor defence out wide from Fev. Two of those tries would have certainly been stopped with a little more organisation. AND the obvious new rule that Super League teams can pass forward on occasion if they've got momentum. Proud of these players especially with all that's going off at the club. They are a very committed group.

• Like 6

Great effort from a fev team disrupted by injury and a sin bin , looking at the way they've started this year bodes well for a very competitive TOP end of the championship 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, RobLambert said:

I thought Lam was very condescending to Fev, by saying it was Fevs cup final. Sorry Mr Lam this how Fev attempt to play every game. Leigh were just another team we had to face. By the way when you mention if we'd have had all our players fit. As soon as you said that any credability you had regarding the game. Was lost.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Well done Leigh for overcoming a monumental effort from Fev. The difference in the two teams was very poor defence out wide from Fev. Two of those tries would have certainly been stopped with a little more organisation. AND the obvious new rule that Super League teams can pass forward on occasion if they've got momentum. Proud of these players especially with all that's going off at the club. They are a very committed group.

Obstructive line run by Leigh stopping the slide in each occasion. 

Great try from Manoa wasn't it.  Ironic that comparisons were made by Kev Brown on commentary with Ellery's try in the '83 semi final.

He was certainly close to the touchline and I can see why Leigh fans were booing but it looks ok on replay.  Was his right foot in, right foot out, in, out, whoa Wacokecoke....sorry..

• Haha 5

On 23/03/2024 at 22:41, RobLambert said:

Yeah bit of an odd comment by Lammy is that. You were by far the better side in the 2nd half, said to my mate "this is just like a super league game eh?" and he agreed. 2 cracking tries by the ex Hull winger (name/spelling escapes me) 🙂

• Like 6