Sat 16th Mar: SL: Hull FC v Leigh Leopards KO 15:00 (Sky/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Leigh Leopards

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/03/24 at 15:30

Please stick to discussing the match in question and do not accuse match officials of being biased or corrupt or you run the risk of being immediately banned from the forum.

Hull squad seems to look stronger than they previously have had, at least if squad numbers are anything to go by. Leigh apparently waiting till last minute before making a call on Amone and Lam.

If Leigh from the first half last week can turn up for 80 minutes they should win. If Leigh from the second half turn up, then Hull win easily.

Pah!

Leigh have yet to win and we're soaring along. And let's not forget the last time a winless team came over to Hull...oh yeah, they should have beaten us.

I have no idea, with our list of suspensions and injuries, thankfully Wire have loaned us Bullock...and taken him back.

My two favourite teams playing on the same day at the same time as well, but I only get to see one of them, how frustrating.

I reckon Hull FC will come up short again, sadly.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I was encouraged by the performance against Catalans, and we've got a few guys back (a couple more out aswell mind you). If Lam and Amone play then I'm less confident. But without them I don't think Leigh are quite the same, and Hull should win by a couple of scores.

On 14/03/2024 at 19:44, daz39 said:

Hull, well i'm not sure i think they will win but i hope they do so i can look forward to DB's drunken rant this week.

On 14/03/2024 at 22:21, meast said:

Despite Hull being pants for most of the season so far, I think [overall] they'll have too much for the drink driving criminal supporters.

Bet that has really upset you, along with your lot being easily turned over by your personal nemesis.

• Like 1

I see Tony Smith is calling for the Hull fans to stick with him, what is he actually doing on the training ground, it can't be anything to do with defensive drills he alone has to take the blame for how they perform on defence, 4 of Leigh's 9 tries were incredibly easy, no good saying he had men out, so did Leigh but the replacements slotted in cleanly and easily that can only be with how the group as an whole is coached, did the Hull team meet for the first time on the car park prior to kick off.

Half expected to see a report over the weekend that Mr Pearson has had enough and they would be parting company.

Was nice to see our attack finally starting to click over 80 minutes this week. Moylan is starting to look like the player I was hoping for and Hanley is doing a good job so far of making sure Briscoe doesn't get back in the team once fit, with 220 meters gained to go with his 164 against Leeds last week.

edit. Also, nice to tick off a couple of records with our highest winning margin(beating 32-0 against Wakefield in 2023) and highest points for(beating 50-34 against Wigan in 2017).

Edited by LeytherRob

34 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Bet that has really upset you, along with your lot being easily turned over by your personal nemesis.

Why would it upset me?

It's a great win for Leigh I just hope we don't get some sort of backlash next week.

What a strange comment to make.

Edited by meast

On 14/03/2024 at 17:10, Snowys Backside said:

Left edge of Leigh may come up trumps.

I can see Charnley and O Donnell assisting in what will hopefully be our first 2 points.

The writing was on the wall after the London game. Hull very soft on the edges defensively.

I feel it will be a very long season but London are not a SL so they have 12 months to build.

59 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Was nice to see our attack finally starting to click over 80 minutes this week. Moylan is starting to look like the player I was hoping for and Hanley is doing a good job so far of making sure Briscoe doesn't get back in the team once fit, with 220 meters gained to go with his 164 against Leeds last week.

edit. Also, nice to tick off a couple of records with our highest winning margin(beating 32-0 against Wakefield in 2023) and highest points for(beating 50-34 against Wigan in 2017).

Hanley's carries when we're coming away from our line make a massive difference to us imo. Makes metres and gives some momentum, which then give space later in the set. Something Briscoe really struggled with. His next big test will be when teams target him under high balls.

One slight worry is whether Lam and Moylan both want to do the same job, from second receiver. Then if they get that working, how does it then work when Asiata is back fit as in round 1 it looked like too many people trying to be in charge at times. 

As good as Leigh were though, Hull were dreadful and can see Fev posing a bigger test next week, particularly with Dwyer unlkely to be available for the cup (or again, if Walker is missing for Wire).

I didn't have massive expectations for Hull this year, but I thought we would at least look well drilled and play for eachother and maybe with a bit of luck we could challenge for 6th place. 

So far I can't really find a single positive from this season. Even the one win we got was an abysmal performance. I really don't know what the answer it. The club is in shambles from top to bottom. The playing squad clearly isnt good enough, the coaching obviously isnt working. We appear to be skint. The fans are being taken for granted with barely any information coming out of the club and they have had enough now. The only positive is that we have some very promising youngsters coming through, but they are going to end up elsewhere because of the current mismanagement.

I can genuinely see us becoming the next Bradford.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Not at all, i said it in jest, Leigh played very well and i hope FC play that badly this week!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MZH said:

I didn't have massive expectations for Hull this year, but I thought we would at least look well drilled and play for eachother and maybe with a bit of luck we could challenge for 6th place. 

So far I can't really find a single positive from this season. Even the one win we got was an abysmal performance. I really don't know what the answer it. The club is in shambles from top to bottom. The playing squad clearly isnt good enough, the coaching obviously isnt working. We appear to be skint. The fans are being taken for granted with barely any information coming out of the club and they have had enough now. The only positive is that we have some very promising youngsters coming through, but they are going to end up elsewhere because of the current mismanagement.

Unless you have an insolvency event there's very little chance of you becoming the next Bradford under the img era. I don't think your squad is that bad although there is definitely some inbalance, I just think Tony Smith is done as a top level coach when it comes to motivating a group. Big culture overhaul needed within the group. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Unless you have an insolvency event there's very little chance of you becoming the next Bradford under the img era. I don't think your squad is that bad although there is definitely some inbalance, I just think Tony Smith is done as a top level coach when it comes to motivating a group. Big culture overhaul needed within the group. 

I'd agree, but he'd no doubt go to another club and they'll suddenly become world beaters 🤷

The hardest job in rugby league is this. Any coach who thinks they're worth their salt should take on this to see if they're as good as they think they are!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

9 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I see Tony Smith is calling for the Hull fans to stick with him, what is he actually doing on the training ground, it can't be anything to do with defensive drills he alone has to take the blame for how they perform on defence, 4 of Leigh's 9 tries were incredibly easy, no good saying he had men out, so did Leigh but the replacements slotted in cleanly and easily that can only be with how the group as an whole is coached, did the Hull team meet for the first time on the car park prior to kick off.

Half expected to see a report over the weekend that Mr Pearson has had enough and they would be parting company.

I think and have said for a number of years that there seems to be some deep rooted issues at Hull that means the various coaches and players they employ just don't work out.

Most Hull fans deny it and blame it on the coach as is usually the case, but they have had some good players, they don't just don't seem to gel as a team.

For a club that size and with that much potential and support base, they really have to be doing much, much better.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MZH said:

Genuinely, what are the issues?

I've alluded to there appearing to be issues at Hull as they just seem to lurch from being bad to utter dross no matter who coaches them or plays for them.

Is the senior management an issue?

11 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

The writing was on the wall after the London game. Hull very soft on the edges defensively.

I feel it will be a very long season but London are not a SL so they have 12 months to build.

Hull are an A grade club and couldn’t get relegated if they had - 1 zillion points, people gotta get this ridiculous promotion/relegation lark out of their heads

Leigh streets ahead on the field and it’s only 50/50 they’ll make the 12

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ColD said:

Hull are an A grade club and couldn’t get relegated if they had - 1 zillion points, people gotta get this ridiculous promotion/relegation lark out of their heads

Leigh streets ahead on the field and it’s only 50/50 they’ll make the 12

Leigh will be in the 12 Col. 

If it went to 10 though 🤔

23 hours ago, phiggins said:

Hanley's carries when we're coming away from our line make a massive difference to us imo. Makes metres and gives some momentum, which then give space later in the set. Something Briscoe really struggled with. His next big test will be when teams target him under high balls.

One slight worry is whether Lam and Moylan both want to do the same job, from second receiver. Then if they get that working, how does it then work when Asiata is back fit as in round 1 it looked like too many people trying to be in charge at times. 

As good as Leigh were though, Hull were dreadful and can see Fev posing a bigger test next week, particularly with Dwyer unlkely to be available for the cup (or again, if Walker is missing for Wire).

Thought exactly the same re "Too many cooks" Moylan did look more at home given the extra (sole) responsibility  it will be interesting when Lachy is back how Dad will see it, and even moreso when Asiata returns or Adrian may well use his "it will take time".

As for Dwyer do you recall last year when he became available I said on these pages he would be the perfect interchange to utilise along with Ipape and from what I have seen there is no reason for me to change my mind, albeit our Friends who support Leeds put me straight with "he is not very good, not a team player and bad ball distributor" just maybe in a different environment with a different coach he does produce, it does happen look at all the cast off's from other clubs now plying their trade at Salford.

I would ask Wire what do they want for him and make the signing permanent .

Edited by Harry Stottle